2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

21 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

would you rather have him or fant possibly. if fants there at 24 and no de`s? hes my pick.  I think anyone whos read my posts can figure out adderly is my wanted man at 27.

perfect first 4.... bosa, fant, adderly, jacobs

realistic first 4... allen, fant, adderly, jacobs

either way, 4 starters.

Apparently we have looked into Darrell Henderson as a target at 27 or 35. Henderson is a big play threat but I would rather have Jacobs at one of those spots. I know I’m not really answering your question but I’m just addressing the rb position.

I think Henderson is a good prospect but at 27 id be pissed off BIG TIME, would be a huge example of reaching, and leaving waaaay better talents on the board (for teams like the pats? chefs? the dolts?) would I want to see adderly going to KC or SD especially after james last year? nope there is almost certainly gonna be a run on dbs in the late first early 2nd. and adderly and Thornhill will be taken in that area imo, along with several good CB prospects. (I mentioned those 2 specifically because of their versatility as fs/cb)

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How is the receiver room rounded out already? Behind AB and TW we have: 

Ryan Grant - 35 receptions for 334 yards last season 

JJ Nelson - 7 receptions for 64 yards last season 

Keon Hatcher - 1 reception for 8 yards last season

Marcell Ateman - 15 receptions for 154 yards last season

Dwayne Harris - 6 receptions for 40 yards last season

I'm perfectly fine with the #3 being Ryan Grant or J.J. Nelson. There is no need to spend a first round pick on a player who likely won't offer much more than those two in a limited role. 

Also, receiver, generally, is an overrated position group in the NFL.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders can definitely use another WR after Brown and Williams. Your really hoping that Grant cane become what he was two years ago or hoping JJ finally becomes a WR that can produce. 

I would love to add Hollywood to the team. His lack of size is not ideal, but in today’s NFL you can get away with it. Him in the slot were he would get one on one coverage would be fun to watch and he has the speed that the Raiders seem to really want from it’s WRs this year. 

Also wouldnt mind Campbell or McLaurin but late first early second is to early for them. 

Exactly, did someone actually say the WR room is rounded out? Grant and Nelson are bodies. Plus I’ve been doing a ton of mocks and WR is usually BPA at 27/35.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Exactly, did someone actually say the WR room is rounded out? Grant and Nelson are bodies. Plus I’ve been doing a ton of mocks and WR is usually BPA at 27/35.

I did. A #3 receiver should not be a first-round priority. It would be a bad move.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I did. A #3 receiver should not be a first-round priority. It would be a bad move.

You need a 3rd WR in todays NFL. I’d be ok if we had a 3rd Round Pick for a guy like McLaurin or Hall but we don’t. 

All I’m saying is I would draft a guy like Hollywood Brown over Noah Fant. People are trying their hardest to replace the TE position but I’m taking the best player. Imo Hollywood > Fant all day long. There’s a lot of TEs I like in the 4th. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Crazy. Let's pick him up in the 4th and pair him with our other weak hearted defender in Hurst!

Draft Q., Sweat, BPA, Winovich, done. Just trade all our other picks for future 2020 picks, we're already playoff bound with those 3 and BPA.

• Like 1

I watched a bunch of Allen tape again and I still don’t like what I see... at least not as a 4-3 DE. He’s a 3-4 OLB all day long. He’s a good player, but not for pick #4. 

I also watched a bunch of tape on Montez Sweat, I like him, but pick #4 absolutely not. He gets stuck on soooo many blocks. 

Personally we might have to bite the bullet and select White if Bosa and QW are gone. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I watched a bunch of Allen tape again and I still don’t like what I see... at least not as a 4-3 DE. He’s a 3-4 OLB all day long. He’s a good player, but not for pick #4. 

I like Allen a lot. I'll echo the notion that he probably isn't a pure Edge guy day one, but he's a hybrid player that you can move around all over and ask to do tons of things. He can rush, he can stop the run, he can cover, he's athletic, he's extremely versatile.  He's a clear step below Bosa/Q for me, but I prefer him over White. He was arguably the most improved player in all of college last year and I expect that trend to continue hard.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like Allen a lot. I'll echo the notion that he probably isn't a pure Edge guy day one, but he's a hybrid player that you can move around all over and ask to do tons of things. He can rush, he can stop the run, he can cover, he's athletic, he's extremely versatile.  He's a clear step below Bosa/Q for me, but I prefer him over White. He was arguably the most improved player in all of college last year and I expect that trend to continue hard.

This type of hybrid player isn’t worth pick #4. He’d basically be a 4-3 SLB. I’m watching so much of him trying to warm up to him cause he is probably the pick, but he’s really not all that impressive. At least not at his projected draft spot. If he was projected at like 15 my reaction would be a bit different and I’d probably be raving about him. 

• Like 1