2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm perfectly fine with the #3 being Ryan Grant or J.J. Nelson. There is no need to spend a first round pick on a player who likely won't offer much more than those two in a limited role. 

Also, receiver, generally, is an overrated position group in the NFL.

You’re hoping that Nelson and Grant return to form because both guys sucked last season. Tyrell Williams is also on a prove it deal. 

The Chiefs are in our division, you know, arguably the most explosive team in NFL history. We need offensive fire power if we’re planning to contend. 

I would choose Hollywood Brown and AJ Brown over Noah Fant all day long. They are better players than Fant. I see Fant constantly compared to Jared Cook. That’s a really fair comparison. What’s also fair is Fant takes 5 years to develop just like Cook did. Fant is extremely raw. 

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Was reported we are looking to add at least 3 offensive starters in this draft. HB would have the biggest impact.  

Sorry but I'm taking HB over guys like Clelin Ferrell, LJ Collier, Irv Smith who are bigger need players but wont be nearly as good in the pros as HB. Brown is a dynamic talent. 

And you believed it?!?

Shame.

I would take HB over them too except Ferrell. Sure, he could be dynamic in the league. But I like the WRs that can be had in the middle rounds (late 2-4) much more than I like the edge players and corners. Guys like Isabella, Ridley, Hardman and McLaurin can also be dynamic in our offense and they aren't tabbed to cost us a 1st rd pick. Just poor management of resources imo.

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You need a 3rd WR in todays NFL. I’d be ok if we had a 3rd Round Pick for a guy like McLaurin or Hall but we don’t. 

All I’m saying is I would draft a guy like Hollywood Brown over Noah Fant. People are trying their hardest to replace the TE position but I’m taking the best player. Imo Hollywood > Fant all day long. There’s a lot of TEs I like in the 4th. 

A #3 receiver is nearly as important as: edge rusher, corner, starting runningback, and a starting offensive linemen. All current needs on the Raiders.

I'm also not as nearly as high on Brown as others.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You’re hoping that Nelson and Grant return to form because both guys sucked last season. Tyrell Williams is also on a prove it deal. 

The Chiefs are in our division, you know, arguably the most explosive team in NFL history. We need offensive fire power if we’re planning to contend. 

They don't need to be more than be average for them to work well as #3 receivers. You do know Antonio Brown, one of the best receivers in NFL history, is currently on the team, right?

• Like 1

I usually don't do these, but here is what I'd like to see:

4) Bosa/Allen/Sweat (in that order) DE

24) Hockenson/Butler/Fant/Harry (In that order) TE/WR

27) Deandre Baker CB

35) Charles Omenihu DE (Ideally trade back to mid 2nd and pick up a 3rd if possible)

If we get the 3rd in a trade, Michael Jordan OG

106) David Montgomery RB

140)  Mark Fields CB (This is where I'd start looking at available QBs. If they like one, take him.)

218) Hunter Renfrow WR

235) Khari Willis S

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

They don't need to be more than be average for them to work well as #3 receivers. You do know Antonio Brown, one of the best receivers in NFL history, is currently on the team, right?

Yeah, I do know that. You know that we have two of the best offensive teams in the league in our division, right? What's wrong with investing in another weapon that we'll have under contract on a cheap deal for the next 5 seasons? Tyrell Williams, Ryan Grant, and JJ Nelson could all be gone after this year. 

All Defense Draft:

4. ILB Devin White

24. DE Clelin Ferrell

27. DT Jeffery Simmons

35. CB Julian Love

The defensive talent in this draft is unreal. Grab a QB (if Carr underperforms) and RB in the 1st next year and we’d be good to go. 

I still don’t think Ferrell falls to 24 though. He is literally a great fit for all teams picking 16-21. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I do know that. You know that we have two of the best offensive teams in the league in our division, right? What's wrong with investing in another weapon that we'll have under contract on a cheap deal for the next 5 seasons? Tyrell Williams, Ryan Grant, and JJ Nelson could all be gone after this year. 

This is why:

A #3 receiver is nearly as important as: edge rusher, corner, starting runningback, and a starting offensive linemen. All current needs on the Raiders.

@Rich7sena there's no reason to reach though, have to go with BPA at positions of need. The edge rushers will likely be off of the board early, any CB we take there's a good chance their the #4 guy this season, and we can get a good RB later in the draft. We do need a RG but that's another spot that you can find a quality player later in the draft. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All Defense Draft:

4. ILB Devin White

24. DE Clelin Ferrell

27. DT Jeffery Simmons

35. CB Julian Love

The defensive talent in this draft is unreal. Grab a QB (if Carr underperforms) and RB in the 1st next year and we’d be good to go. 

I still don’t think Ferrell falls to 24 though. He is literally a great fit for all teams picking 16-21. 

So we get a #4 CB, backup DT that won't play this year, and two starters, nice.