2019 Schedule

Lionized

10 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I think they'll be ok on defense as long as they stay healthy. Offense is the question, and I'll say again what I said last year: I will believe the OL can be good when I see them being good and not a second before. If the OL isn't improved then they'll be around 6-10 again

I agree with you on the offense and the record if the OL basically stays the same. 8-8 if the OL improves but the rest of the offense has similar production. We really need an offensive difference maker to come out - either Kerryon becomes a 1200+ yard back, Golladay is a true no. 1, Hockenson is an 800 yard TE, etc.

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I agree with you on the offense and the record if the OL basically stays the same. 8-8 if the OL improves but the rest of the offense has similar production. We really need an offensive difference maker to come out - either Kerryon becomes a 1200+ yard back, Golladay is a true no. 1, Hockenson is an 800 yard TE, etc.

With Stafford, Kerryon, Hock, Marvin and Golladay, if our oline plays well, we'll be just fine

It’s going to be a lot of 2 TE sets with run run. Throw the ball for a first down. With a handful of shots down field. I think T.J. is going to help out a lot more than some may expect. 

If we can control the tempo of the game on the offensive side. I think we will do just fine with our top ten defense. 

22 hours ago, Lionized said:

It’s going to be a lot of 2 TE sets with run run. Throw the ball for a first down. With a handful of shots down field. I think T.J. is going to help out a lot more than some may expect. 

If we can control the tempo of the game on the offensive side. I think we will do just fine with our top ten defense. 

Fingers crossed. But I agree. Hope we bring the heat on defense like 3/4 of the plays. and we have an offense with lots of nice dump off options. solid maybe even above average possession/red zone threat receiver in Golladay. Now just need a little more production from Marvin Jones and he can take the top off the defense. plus we have some more guys that are speed and can go in the slott and fly down the field. Excited to see the first single back setup with the 3 TE set. Get some play action going it will be fun to watch. 

19 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We could see some 13 personnel sets and I believe they've discussed Nauta as a potential H-Back. I saw something about that when Quinn was discussing this pick.

we could have some fun trick plays also. nice flip to Nauta after a PA fake to Kerryon. and have TJ seal the outside and make a move on the LB and see ya

43 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

we could have some fun trick plays also. nice flip to Nauta after a PA fake to Kerryon. and have TJ seal the outside and make a move on the LB and see ya

Maybe... I don't know if Nauta is the guy to make that kind of move. Ty Johnson was involved in some plays like that at Maryland.

On 2019-05-01 at 12:53 PM, Karnage84 said:

Maybe... I don't know if Nauta is the guy to make that kind of move. Ty Johnson was involved in some plays like that at Maryland.

This brought a smile to my face. I can’t remember the players name but gadget plays he would always run into his own blockers. He had no patience.

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

This brought a smile to my face. I can’t remember the players name but gadget plays he would always run into his own blockers. He had no patience.

From our draft class or from Lions teams of years past?

• 2 weeks later...