Jaguars volunteer to swap home games with Texans

ET80

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ok, let me try this - you're point of burdening fans for switching tickets. Yeah, that's a burden. Think we both can see that. Now, instead - Astros fans who had tickets for this home tilt need to get reimbursed and/or swapped out, just as many of them are rebuilding their entire lives. 

You act like it doesn't matter, but it's the ONLY thing that matters.

I don't act like it doesn't matter. But none of that is impacted by the decision here. All that is going to have be done whether they swapped or did the Rangers proposal. There was not fixing or even minimizing that.

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Being compassionate - which was the premise of my entire point - usually doesn't make sense. It's not thinking of the burden you're taking on by helping.

That's not true. Being compassionate may mean you take on burden it doesn't mean you don't consider how much. Sandra Bullock can donate $1M to help relief. I cannot. I cannot because that would be too much burden for me. And the Rangers did take on burden. They just weren't willing to take on ALL of the burden, which is fair.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I'll take being at home, in my own house and not living in a hotel vs potentially not playing an extra half inning.

It's not about playing an extra half inning it's about knowing what you need to do. It's about having a chance to respond. There is not a single person in baseball that thinks sleeping in you own bed is more valuable than having last at bat

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Because that's what you do when you're being compassionate. You take on burdens you don't have to take on, to help someone who has a ton of burden already on their plate.

From a logistics perspective, you're probably right (not even probably, you are right). It's a very black and white view, but it is completely void of compassion. Which was my point from the onset.

And that's me take on this. Agree, disagree. Doesn't matter. 

It's not. It's saying the burden they were willing to take on show the proper amount of compassion. Your view of compassion seems to be take on unlimited burden. It can't be though. There has to be a limit and once you acknowledge that then ultimately the argument comes to whether they are showing enough. To make that case there needs to be reason to argue that they should or shouldn't take a specific burden. It doesn't suffice to just say it doesn't have to make sense.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

That's not true. Being compassionate may mean you take on burden it doesn't mean you don't consider how much. Sandra Bullock can donate $1M to help relief. I cannot. I cannot because that would be too much burden for me. And the Rangers did take on burden. They just weren't willing to take on ALL of the burden, which is fair.

Ok, so - what burden did the Rangers take on, again?

I know I said I'm done, but in all of this, I fail to see a burden taken on.

Just now, mse326 said:

It's not. It's saying the burden they were willing to take on show the proper amount of compassion. Your view of compassion seems to be take on unlimited burden. It can't be though. There has to be a limit and once you acknowledge that then ultimately the argument comes to whether they are showing enough. To make that case there needs to be reason to argue that they should or shouldn't take a specific burden. It doesn't suffice to just say it doesn't have to make sense.

UNLIMITED burden would be play this weeks game as an away game, AND play the final series in Houston.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Ok, so - what burden did the Rangers take on, again?

I know I said I'm done, but in all of this, I fail to see a burden taken on.

They were willing to take on the burden of arranging a 3 game series on 1 day notice and giving ALL the money to the Astros. I don't think you realize how much goes into hosting even 1 game let alone 3. To do that on 1 days notice is not an easy task. And they weren't getting anything from it.

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

UNLIMITED burden would be play this weeks game as an away game, AND play the final series in Houston.

You are making my point. Now we are arguing about what burdens they should take. There needs to be reason behing saying a burden should be taken on, so you saying

17 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Being compassionate - which was the premise of my entire point - usually doesn't make sense

doesn't work. 

My point has never been they don't have to show compassion. It has been that everything they did showed the proper compassion. They took the burdens they should have and didn't take the ones they shouldn't have.

Archived