How are/will you deal with this?

wackywabbit

I’ll wish him well. I get the feeling he’ll be back on the east coast in a few years anyway. Flacco strikes me as the kind of guy that will hang them up when he is clear cut no longer a starter in this league. And that day is probably 2, maybe 3 years out. His home in Baltimore would be sold at a loss if he sells it now, so it wouldn’t shock me if he keeps it and just moves back when his playing career is over. He has too much fan love and support to not leverage some of that. He’s never been the kind of guy that goes to Florida or Arizona or California to train/live in the offseasons.  So I think we’ll see him again soon enough.

I don't even see it as a talking point to be honest. He's no longer a Raven. I don't support players outside the club. Wish him and his family the best, but that's about it.

Also, the last thing this forum needs is week to week analysis of Flacco's play with the Broncos. Especially in comparison to Lamar's, seems like it will bring wholly unneeded levels of toxicity. I won't hold my breath on that one though lol.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I don't even see it as a talking point to be honest. He's no longer a Raven. I don't support players outside the club. Wish him and his family the best, but that's about it.

That's weird to me. I always watch and root for ex-Ravens to do well. It's on another level with Flacco being our QB for so long.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

That's weird to me. I always watch and root for ex-Ravens to do well. It's on another level with Flacco being our QB for so long.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority with my approach. I don't wish Flacco bad form or anything, except against us that is, but my connection to the Ravens is more tribal than with my other sporting favorites. I've found it exceptionally hard to invest energy/care about any player outside the organization. If I wasn't at peace with Flacco's exit. Maybe I'd feel different. I am though, and as his play essentially has no bearing on the Ravens. I find the subject boring. 

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Also, the last thing this forum needs is week to week analysis of Flacco's play with the Broncos. Especially in comparison to Lamar's, seems like it will bring wholly unneeded levels of toxicity. I won't hold my breath on that one though lol.

This is the forum that has a 4 page Breshad Perriman thread that won't die. I expect this one to run at least 20 pages.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, paraven said:

Which is why I fully expect Flacco to turn on the lead faucet! At least I hope he does. Perfect world...

Broncos vs. Ravens in the AFC Championship game