Aceinthehouse's one & only 1st rd mock:

aceinthehouse

I actually have this in Redskins forum for game we have underway.

Thought I would post mine here, with basic explaination. 

The only trades I have are focused on Redskins & team trading with them , as well as Rosen trade. Nonetheless, maybe you'll see a draft selection you have or haven't seen your team make in any mocks?

Anyways, without further ado.

1)Arizona=QB- Kyler Murray 

I think it's pretty obvious. We'll know for sure, soon.

2)49ers=DE- Nick Bosa

Arguably, best player in draft who can make immediate impact.

3)Jets=Edge- Montez Sweat

My first surprise pick. I think 3 is too high for any OL in this draft, which they could use for Darnold. I think Sweat's ridiculous combine, will convince the brass, that he's a special player who has an untapped ceiling.

4)Raiders=WR- DK Metcalf

Most may say this is crazy, but I believe it happens. They stay with Carr for now & find Cooper's replacement. I realize it's a huge risk with his weird off lateral movement, but his speed & TO/David Boston frame will become too tempting for Oakland to let go. He will immediately start day 1.

5)TRADE: Denver (Bucs)=QB- Drew Lock

It's no secret Elway loves Drew Lock, as others probably do as well. Is he Mahommes part 2, or is he fools Gold? Well, combine fools gold & Denver Blue & you get Orange Crush. I think Denver is all over Drew Lock. So much, they trade up to get him. If he's Mahommes part 2, do you blame them?

6)Giants=OG- Jonah Williams

Most have Giants going QB here. Not me....They fired their Coach who took them for an 11-5 ride, before benching Eli Manning & getting fired for it. Their riding Eli till he retires. What they will do is get that OL to protect Eli & roadgrade for Barkley. Jonah is the most versatile O-lineman in the draft. 

7)Jaguars=OT- Jawaan Taylor

Need to protect Foles & this is a good start. Dude doesn't even have to move. This may be the easiest pick in the draft.

8)Lions=Edge- Josh Allen

Maybe surprising to some, but Lions needs some QB defensive pressure. With Rodgers, Cousins & the Biscuit slingin that ball around? They got to create turnovers & get that defense off the field. Allen will give them that EDGE (pun intended) that they need to challenge the North.

9)Bills=OT- Andre Dillard

How do protect QB Josh Allen? Get him a Tackle. Ok, maybe this is the easiest pick in the draft. Either way, they need to take whomever is on the board between Dillard, Jonah or Taylor here. Keep your QB safe. One of them at least will be here. I wouldn't trade down for nothing, unless offered some ridiculous trade.

10)Bucs(Trade w/Denver)=DT- Q. Williams

The Steal of the draft? Maybe.  Oh...you think I'm crazy for having him at 10? Where did the Skins draft Payne & Allen in the First Rd? What was their projection that draft? Ok, maybe ace isn't so crazy...lol 

11)Bengals=QB- D. Haskins

This is a tough call for me! I know they have greater needs than QB, even though Dalton is nothing special, but not bad either. But new Coach coming in? Rumors swirling? Hmmmm won't be surprised if I'm wrong here, but I won't surprised if I'm right, either. This is the shocking pick, that's becoming less shocking everyday we read mocks.

12)Packers=TE- T.J. Hockinson

A true weapon that the pack can definitely use for Rodgers. I'm betting the Patriots want this guy, but too far for them to go get. T.J. lands in Packers lap.

13)Miami=DE- Rashan Gary

I see Miami going defense here. I know QB is highly likely, but I'm betting they look for one on Day 2. Gary gives them some toughness up front, they sorely need.

14)Atlanta=DT- Ed Oliver

Shooting up the draft board is ole' ED. He will give them some run stuffing ability needed vs Saints, Panthers & Bucs. His ceiling is very high.

15)TRADE: Raiders(Redskins)=Edge- Brian Burns 

Raiders look for QB pressure & find it in Burns at 15. Some Skins fans revolt, but a trade down happens because of the Rosen trade.  Raiders may not replace Cooper & Mack, but they're gonna try & at a cheaper cost.  

16)Panthers=LB- Devin White

All around stud falls to Carolina & makes that defense MUCH better. They will probably look for Corner, but can't pass on a prospect such is White.

17)Giants=DE- Clelin Ferrell

Again, no QB here for reasons explained earlier. Giants defense needs an upgrade, as AP feels like a young rookie playing these guys. Clelin will easily start for this group & make an impact.

18)Vikings=OG- Cody Ford

Vikings need to upgrade that line & Ford will be a huge get for them. Yes, it won't stop Cousins from choking in huge games, but maybe give him an extra second to throw the ball out of bounds, instead of that game crucial sack or int. Cody Ford is a good pick here.

19)Titans=DT- Dexter Lawrence

They see that South & how the running game has emerged from the Colts, Jags & Houston. If they ever want to keep this in check, they better get them a run stuffing machine to help eliviate any weaknesses. Dexter will certainly help provide that.

20)Steelers=CB- DeAndre Baker

I think everyone knows the Steelers need corners. So...here you go! I got a hunch, they like Baker here. I know they could go a number of ways, but Baker can actually tackle unlike other CB's. And if you want to play for Pitt, you better be able to tackle.

21)Seahawks=LB- Devin Bush

I think Seattle goes Defense here. Bush is a good pick at this spot & will throw some youth in that rebuilding Defense under Pete.

22)Ravens=WR- Marquise Brown

Good spot here to get Lamar Jackson some weapons. Hollywood Brown will definitely make his presence know & help give Jackson some deadly targets. 

23)Houston=DT- Jeffery Simmons

Similar to what I said for Tennessee also applies here. Teams know they need to be able to stop the run because Luck, Foles, Watson & Mariota will emphasize the run game to set up pass options. Well,  a big meaty DT will help make said teams 1-diminsional.

24)TRADE: Patriots(via Rai-via-Wsh)=TE- Noah Fant

Patriots find a TE they can get too. Gronk retiring is an epidimic for the Patriots & one they want to cure quickly. Getting Brady more deadly targets will only prolong his career. I realize Belicheat is defensive minded, but even he knows you got to have guys that can get separation & make plays. Fant can do exactly that. Oh yeah...Skins trade down again to 32. 

25)Eagles=CB- Byron Murphy

Their Corners are weak & they know it. I actually hope I'm wrong here, cause getting Murphy here would be scary.

26)Colts=WR- A.J. Brown

There was speculation on them trading T.Y. Hilton. I see them grabbing Brown here to give them that option, or having more dangerous weapons for Luck.

27)Oakland=OT- Kaleb McGary

A player climbing up the boards & one the Raiders take advantage of. Someone to help protect Carr as well as being part of a Gruden rebuilt line.

28)Chargers=CB- Rock Ya-sin

Chargers take a player also shooting up the draft boards. Wether he busts or not, you gotta love the name. Either way, the AFC West is about to become air raid central with Broncos landing Drew, Raider landing DK & the Chiefs just being who they are. Might not be a bad idea to beef up that secondary. They're gonna need it!

29)Chiefs=S- Taylor Rapp

Hard to replace an Eric Berry, but they're gonna try. Rapp can probably play either FS or SS, which will give the Chiefs some options. He's a very talented player that is definitely getting overlooked as a sure 1st Rd prospect. I think he belongs & will go to K.C.

30)Packers=DT- Christian Wilkins

After getting their TE, they take advantage of a meat stuffer still on the board.  He will definitely help them up front. 

31)Rams=WR- Nkeal Harry

Offense, more Offense, more offense...that is the plan. Outscore everyone! Harry will be utilized in that Offense to help Goff even more.  Take some pressure off of Gurly I would imagine. Not a bad idea.

32)Redskins(via Rai/via Pat's)=CB- Greedy Williams

Josh Norman's replacement? Who knows, maybe? What I do know is this guy doesn't tackle. But...from what I read about him? He doesn't need too. Lol oh well either way, he will certainly help in a backfield that has struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. He's a playmaker & will be a welcomed addition back there with CB Josh Norman & now SS Landon Collins.

Redskins receive 2nd Rd selection (#3) from Raiders from moving from #15 to #24.

Redskins also receive 3rd Rd selection (#9) from Patriots from moving from #24 to #32

• Like 1

Pats. 

There is no way BB trades up for a pass catching (only) TE. Don't believe all the so call experts screaming they need a Gronk replacement. They need TE but they could care less about the desperate screams. He's one for you, they don't draft a TE in the 1st 2 rounds. They fix the offense by drafting WRs. They reinvent themselves.  The players listed and or others are who the Pats would take in a trade up over a TE in bold, IMO there would be a trade however it would be out of the 1st!

25)Eagles=CB- Byron Murphy   -------  The best corner in the draft IMO.

26)Colts=WR- A.J. Brown -------- Nice piece to reinvent themselves

27)Oakland=OT- Kaleb McGary  ---- Desperate need however I would go with Little

28)Chargers=CB- Rock Ya-sin   ----- Another top CB

30)Packers=DT- Christian Wilkins --------   Desperate need.

To give up a 3rd for a good TE, No way. What make him that much better than players listed that will be available later in the draft. Who Bucky, Mel and DJ! The same guys who were say Ed Oliver in the teens few weeks earlier!  Shoot, look where you have EO going,  at 14 that IMO is nuts!! Don't listen just watch the tapes.

Jace Sternberger
Dawson Knox
Josh Oliver
Kahale Warring
Irv Smith Jr.

Edited by m haynes

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

19)Titans=DT- Dexter Lawrence

They see that South & how the running game has emerged from the Colts, Jags & Houston. If they ever want to keep this in check, they better get them a run stuffing machine to help eliviate any weaknesses. Dexter will certainly help provide that.

It’s an ok pick but the reasoning is pretty bad. We need a run stuffer to help stop the 19th(Jags) and 20th(Colts) rushing attacks? The reason the Titans can’t beat the Colts and Luck is because they can’t get a consistent pass-rush so adding a guy who is a very raw pass-rusher isn’t helping that. Wilkins or Tillery would be the better pick.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

It’s an ok pick but the reasoning is pretty bad. We need a run stuffer to help stop the 19th(Jags) and 20th(Colts) rushing attacks? The reason the Titans can’t beat the Colts and Luck is because they can’t get a consistent pass-rush so adding a guy who is a very raw pass-rusher isn’t helping that. Wilkins or Tillery would be the better pick.

I was going to say something similar, but some people seem to think Lawrence will be a fairly good pocket collapser/pass rusher at the next level, and I assume the OP has him ranked over Wilkins significantly.

At least he had the good sense to not give the Titans Metcalf.

coughlin would be 6 feet under ground if he picked taylor over q. williams. 

Taylor is gonna be just a solid RT. his tape doesnt impress me much compared to Jonah williams and Andre Dillard.  both of them while they are left tackles could potentially push cam robinson to RT strengthening not 1 but 2 positions. 

Bosa and williams are the 2 Defensive guys who are no brainers who if they fell to us we need to pick them.   right now we kinda need a very good 3techI(i have some faith bryan can be good but why settle for good if u can have elite plus at worse bryan and williams could eat some snaps from campbell whos getting older.  im not sure if williams could be a viable DE in our scheme but if he can then thats all the more reason to pick him. 

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

25)Eagles=CB- Byron Murphy

Their Corners are weak & they know it. I actually hope I'm wrong here, cause getting Murphy here would be scary.

Don't really agree with you assessment. Do we have a #1 shutdown corner, no, but we have a plethora of guys who can play as #2s and #3s. 

That said, if you're going to insist on giving us corner (not a huge fan of that) give us Greedy instead.

Im good with Oliver to the Falcons he's a great fit and a big need he's who i want at 14.   Although i will say if any of Bosa, Allen, or Williams fall within striking distance at like 7 to 10 the Falcons should be trying to give up a pick or 2 to go get them.  Q. Williams or Allen is well worth giving up a little something for to go get at 7 or 8 from the Jags or Lions.