My fanspeak but made up trade mock

G

So I used Fanspeak and made up a trade and watched to see who was there had I been picking after the trade.
The trade was 24 and 2020/4th for Pats 56/64/73 which values our 4th in 2020 @95 but TE Hockenson was there as was Duke's QB so the 'value' was to replace Gronk as we took Hock and offered our deal which they accepted seeing a QB at 32 available and Irv Smith being their TE option a 'reach'. So at 32 they get Brady's heir apparent on a 5th year option and make the trade with us. 
PS Gary was also there @ 27 but I went Ferrell.

4) EDGE  NICK BOSA - OHIO STATE   (#1 player I wanted, made a trade down easy) 
 27) EDGE  CLELIN FERRELL - CLEMSON   (2nd DE who should be solid starter)
35) DL  DEXTER LAWRENCE - CLEMSON     (slipped because of 3's in front of him)
56) WR  DEEBO SAMUEL - SOUTH CAROLINA    (felt good adding depth/youth at this stage)
64) CB  ROCK YA-SIN - TEMPLE    (has a season to season behind Worley) 
73) WR  HAKEEM BUTLER - IOWA STATE     (A red zone weapon/threat who could be special and excellent value here)
106) S  JOHNATHAN ABRAM - MISSISSIPPI STATE   ('In the box' SS sliding because that's all he is)
140) TE ISSAC NAUTA - GEORGIA   (Combine 40 drops stock and ran better later but productive)

I was bored and decided to do one right before the draft. I know 'unrealistic' but blame it on fanspeak... :P

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

All I care about is addressing the edges and this shows your head is in the right place.  I did not always agree with Al Davis but right now the saying that "the QB must go down and he must go down hard" should be our #1 focus.

In this day and age, just go down. Landing too hard will be a penalty. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In this day and age, just go down. Landing too hard will be a penalty. 

I will take the penalty if the QB is hearing footsteps the rest of the game.  If we are playing a team like the Patriots I would tell my guys not to hit Brady with your hands but if you get the chance plant him in the ground.  I do not want them to take cheap shots to the head but I want him going to the trainer at the half for some treatment.

3 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

If we can get Bosa and Ferrell then holy****. Those two are easily the top 2 true 4-3 ends in this draft in my opinion.

Agreed. I wouldn’t even be shocked if Ferrell turns out to be the best Edge of the class is Bosa has durability issues. 

Not sure that Fanspeak is all that realistic but if we pulled off anything like that I would be very, very happy. 

I've seen Lawrence mocked a lot to us, and though I think he has potential as a player I just can't see us doing that when we have Hall, Ellis and Hankins all capable of playing that similar role. These massive, upside DT types tend to underwhelm me generally. I'd be looking for a TE or LB at that spot if the value is there or a faller who we may have high on our BB.  

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure that Fanspeak is all that realistic but if we pulled off anything like that I would be very, very happy. 

I've seen Lawrence mocked a lot to us, and though I think he has potential as a player I just can't see us doing that when we have Hall, Ellis and Hankins all capable of playing that similar role. These massive, upside DT types tend to underwhelm me generally. I'd be looking for a TE or LB at that spot if the value is there or a faller who we may have high on our BB.  

Hockenson was there at 24 so you probably wouldn't have made the trade with Pats. Hock was tempting but I wanted more players to develop and TE is deep. 

20 minutes ago, G said:

Hockenson was there at 24 so you probably wouldn't have made the trade with Pats. Hock was tempting but I wanted more players to develop and TE is deep. 

Yeh, that would be a difficult one and I'd probably take Hockenson if he was there as I see him as one of the best overall prospects in the entire class, I can see us trying to trade down though to try and get a late 2nd or recoup a3rd rounder where we might feel the sweet spot is.