Preseason Finale - Steelers vs Panthers (For the 4,000th time in the preseason)

steelcurtain29

I agree with a lot of Jebrick's choices. I think the CB battle is going to be real interesting.  There are a lot of vets and a few spaces. Gay, Cockrell, Sensabaugh all could be on the bubble. Gay may have a second life if moved to FS.  We have virtually no depth behind Dangerfield and Robert Golden may get the axe if they can sign a former starter type (a la Will Allen some years ago). Golden has not looked good at Safety.

DHB and Hunter.  I think Hunter has better hands and upside, but DHB can play ST and is a well liked veteran.

What happens with the PR battle? Williams is inexperienced, but did return one for a TD. Ayers has been out all of camp. I do not want to see AB fielding punts anymore. That just isn't smart.  Perhaps if Sutton is healthy, he can win that role as well. If Williams and Ayers are cut, pickings are very slim.

OL - - Feiler, Finney, Hawkins and Hubbard are battling for two or three spots. Matt Fieler has improved every week. Finney and Hubbard are versatile and Hawkins has probably the biggest upside. What happens here?

RB - - How many do they keep? Bell, Connor and Davis have made it. Fitz is probably gone. Williams can only make it if he plays as PR.  Do they keep a forth and add the "Nightmare?" Most likely, they try to stash him on PS.

Hard to imagine Watson not making the cut, at the very least PS. 

Dobbs brings more energy to the offense than sad Jones. Id rather take the risk and the upside, but Im bias and never been a fan of Jones. Agreed with the resigning of Jones because we had nobody Id rather run with Dobbs in a pinch and if necessary you can always bring Jones back or run at Kap or some other hired hand midseason. 

Dobbs has gotten a lot of ****, and there have been some real ugly moments for sure. But he's far better than Landry Jones was as a rookie, and, frankly, he has a better arm with more consistent accuracy right now than Jones. Can either be considered faint praise of Dobbs or an indictment of Jones.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Dobbs has gotten a lot of ****, and there have been some real ugly moments for sure. But he's far better than Landry Jones was as a rookie, and, frankly, he has a better arm with more consistent accuracy right now than Jones. Can either be considered faint praise of Dobbs or an indictment of Jones.

He's been better than Landry has in any preseason.

Archived