rcon14 Mock 5.0

rcon14

I like a lot of this, my only misgivings about this draft is I am hoping for 2 S prospects, 2 Edge guys and originally I was hoping for 2 Oline and TEs from this draft. However, with Mercedes coming back this year, the Pack could be fine with 1 TE in this draft if it is the guy. You got 2 including a blue chipper. Should put the team in good shape for life without Graham and Mercedes next year.  I think beyond this year with Hock, Tonyan and Moreau it could be a strong position that will just need depth.

With Madison reporting we have 1 new olineman already so only getting one in this draft now should be fine.

The reason I lobby for 2 edge guys is because those 2 FA deals and additions could easily be washed from the books after year 2 if they flop without cap ramifications. Because of that, I think making sure we have developing edge guys that we see as players potentially in year 2 and 3 is important. I think we need 2 S picks because, well, there is simply not much on this roster for that position right now unless the plan is to move Jackson into that role in some capacity.

People are enamored with Fant on this forum but when I watch both of them Hock sticks out more.. He may not be as athletic as Fant but for his size he is plenty athletic enough. Plus I see a very natural route runner and catcher. He uses his frame so much better than Fant does IMO. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spartacus said:

People are enamored with Fant on this forum but when I watch both of them Hock sticks out more.. He may not be as athletic as Fant but for his size he is plenty athletic enough. Plus I see a very natural route runner and catcher. He uses his frame so much better than Fant does IMO. 

What is the game that you're watching to conclude this?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just wondering which games people are watching that they're seeing him as a game changer.

A better question is what games did you watch?  Hock was clearly the better player last year.  He was more impressive in the games and in the combine position workouts.  Funny that you are all about Fant now after completely trashing him a month ago.  Makes me wonder if like him more for his combine workout than his play on the field.  There is absolutely no debating that Hock is the crisper route runner with better hands.