Ozzy

2019 7 Round Mock draft

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

57 Eagles: J. Sternberger TE

This is the only pick that's just not good for the Eagles.

We already have Ertz and Goedert (our 1st selection last year with oodles of talent). Richard Rodgers is our 3rd TE, we're not taking one in this draft at all.

Give us the guy you gave Dallas in the following pick, Hakeem Butler. MASSIVE STEAL.

49ers with only 6 picks passing on Bosa, picking 3 DBs and a RB makes no sense...

Sure they need secondary help - but above everything else they need passrush and an outside receiver!

A RB in round 3 is however the biggest head scratcher - why?

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

1st off amazing effort on the 7 round mock draft that takes tons of effort and i like appreciate the work you put into it.   With that said you didn't do well at all for the Falcons my friend as we are 100% a needs based drafting team with taking BPa at those needs.   Sadly you only hit 1 need for us in the 1st 3 or 4 rounds and that was in round 2 with Edge Rusher.

The LB, OG, and TE are not on our list of needs early and if we do get 1 they are only going to be for depth in the later part of the draft.  We do on the other hand have legit needs at DT, NT, RT, CB, and Power RB

You had some really good players go after us that we should have jumped all over to fit what the Falcons need and the type of players we target.   I won't change the whole mock you did but i atleast gotta fix those 3 picks with what we need.

1st - Christian Wilkins - DT/NT  - Biggest need we have in the draft and sadly you don't have us taking 1 at all in the 1st 3 to 4 rounds. That just can't happen my friend and we love us some Clemson Lineman and Wilkins is as good if not better value than Bush.

2nd - C. Omenihu DE or Zack Allen - DE - I like both players and see no problem with this pick at all solid job here DE is a big need as well.

3rd - Y. Cajuste - RT - We need a RT to finish our O-line and this position is seriously up for grabs in round 1 and 2 as well depending on who is available at each pick.  If say Q. Williams, Allen, Bosa,
Oliver, and Wilkins are all gone by the 14th pick i could easily see us go with Ford, Jonah, Taylor, or Dillars at RT.

4a.- Elgton Jenkins - C - Mack isn't gonna last forever and jenkins is round 2 talent in round 4 this is where BPA comes into affect and we take his future replacement and add to depth across C and OG while he learns under mack fora year or 2.

4B - C. Winovich - Another Edge rusher i have no problem with at all and Chase is a solid value get here no complaints.

5A - M. Jackson CB - A little late for a CB but it's not a major need to me just yet and Jackson has upside here i almost don't want to take a CB but im sure we do get atleast 1 or 2 at some point for depth.  Probably earlier than this but their so many players i like on the lines in the 1st 4 rounds.

5B - Elijah Holyfield - RB - Home run pick in the 5th round and is the power back we need his combine doesn't mean crap to me i seen him every weekend at UGA kicking butt. 

6th + 7th  -  These last 2 picks don't mean much to me but i would take say a WR, LB, or CB for depth  We are pretty solid at Guard now.

I think LB is a huge need for the Falcons especially after how they looked when Jones got injured last season.  And for TE it is not super strong either and getting Oliver at that spot would be a steal not really a risk.  I agree though looking at it more guard does seem solid with Carpenter, Fusco, and Brown but taking a OT for sure makes sense in the 3rd I agree.

Good to see Hageman back on the team, hopefully he can round back into form I think he has a ton of upside.  And I agree corner and safety could be a huge need for them and might be addressed earlier.  I did make this quickly so did not go over every roster and did most by memory, but I agree you bring up some good points.

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Packers picks were good aside from Rapp. Packers need a coverage Safety, as they always have a couple who can play close to the line.

True but they let go of Ha Ha and he did exactly that.  Rapp I think is better in coverage that people think, sure he did not run a good 40 but coverage is not always about how fast you can run.  If that was the case Troy Apke would be some All Pro in the NFL or something.  I hope they do not get Adderley late last 1st round, he could be a great player and as a Vikings fan that would suck.  Or if they get Gardner-Johnson late 1st that would be a good pick as well.  If that does not happen to me Rapp 2nd round is a fine value.  

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Quick glance I’d say too many ILB, one at most. Also maybe another OL like a tackle for depth, he’s got to be capable of playing Guard as well. Safety is a minor need as well.

I think they will miss Joyner a lot, he did a variety of things for them and Weddle is getting old obviously and losing some parts to his game.  Johnson is a star no surprise there but I think they need some more depth.  LB sure might have a little too many in this mock draft but that is a huge need for them I feel and getting more than one is not an awful idea.  Especially later on, and Weber I think would be ideal, they need a backup plan for when Gurley gets hurt and provide some more pop to that run game.  

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I'd rather have McCoy in round two. An interior line of Elflein, McCoy, Ford would be solid. 

I get the DE pick in round two, but MN is three deep at the position for 2019, so I'd need to see really good value to pull the trigger this early.

Smith is a nice value pick in round 3 and fills a long term need.

Id probably grab a WR or DT in round 4.

Yeah McCoy I would not mind round 2, but DL is a need as well.  If we go McCoy 2nd round then Kline is a total waste of money because how can you play them all and they paid Kline way too much already and if they draft Ford they will not sit him rookie year.  I do not have a ton of faith in Griffen and Hunter is really the only consistent pass rusher.  Sure Weatherly can do some stuff but has not show up a ton, maybe some younger guys can develop but still DT or DE is a need and I would be fine with either one in the 2nd round.  

WR to me is not a huge need for them but personally I would like a little more size and athletic ability at that position, get a big guy in there who can go up and get the football would be nice since Treadwell cannot really do that even though most thought he could be that type of guy.  

3 hours ago, Danger said:

This is the only pick that's just not good for the Eagles.

We already have Ertz and Goedert (our 1st selection last year with oodles of talent). Richard Rodgers is our 3rd TE, we're not taking one in this draft at all.

Give us the guy you gave Dallas in the following pick, Hakeem Butler. MASSIVE STEAL.

I agree yes TE looking at it more does not make a lot of sense there.  Still believe Jace is worth a 2nd round pick though, LB I think would be a good choice or WR like Butler no doubt.  Butler would for sure be a steal in the 2nd round because I doubt he goes 1st round but will see.  

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I don't get the 2nd Round selection of a RB at all. Maybe R6 or R7 if a decent talent slides. 

You are fine with their RB core?  Drake is ok but they need more talent there outside of Ballage who is a project himself.  Montgomery would be a good value and potentially the starter in a short period of time.  Can pass protect, catch the football and get the tough yards as well.  

2 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

49ers with only 6 picks passing on Bosa, picking 3 DBs and a RB makes no sense...

Sure they need secondary help - but above everything else they need passrush and an outside receiver!

A RB in round 3 is however the biggest head scratcher - why?

Good point, again I did this mock quickly and did most on memory in terms of teams rosters.  Looking at the roster the 49ers now they do have some depth at that RB spot for sure.  I thought with the McKinnon injury stuff maybe but Coleman is a very talented back and Brenda has been productive as has Mostert not to mention Dayes who I feel has big time potential and talent.  So yeah I agree they probably will not go RB in the 3rd.  

With Q. Williams I still think with him, Buckner and Armstead they could be a beast of a front in a 3/4 or 4/3 whatever.  To me Q is better than Bosa I feel but Bosa does make more sense if they are going pure 4/3 defense but I think it could still end up being a hybrid of both.  Q. Williams provides pass rush and is the best player there to me, WR help I agree could make sense in the 3rd round for sure.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

You are fine with their RB core?  Drake is ok but they need more talent there outside of Ballage who is a project himself.  Montgomery would be a good value and potentially the starter in a short period of time.  Can pass protect, catch the football and get the tough yards as well.  

Drake and Ballage are fine. We need legit starters at LG, RG, RT, DE1, DE2, and possibly DT

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but they let go of Ha Ha and he did exactly that.  Rapp I think is better in coverage that people think, sure he did not run a good 40 but coverage is not always about how fast you can run.  If that was the case Troy Apke would be some All Pro in the NFL or something.  I hope they do not get Adderley late last 1st round, he could be a great player and as a Vikings fan that would suck.  Or if they get Gardner-Johnson late 1st that would be a good pick as well.  If that does not happen to me Rapp 2nd round is a fine value.  

Just no...HHCD was a liability in coverage and not a great tackler, that's why they let him go.  He was fast and had good range but was consistently out of place.  As previously stated, they need a coverage S who can play centerfield better than HHCD could.  There is a reason the Redksins didn't resign him.

Posted (edited)

I have been a fan of the Pats for over 40 years and if this is the result of the Patriots draft I will look for another team.

I appreciate the effort terrific job however the 1st pick for the Pats is horrible. Jones is a manufactured QB from the Mel Kipers of the draft world.

You have missed on major needs in the 1st for a QB that will have zero in pact for 3 years and IMO will be average at best.  Have you considered next years QB draft class why the complete reach.  The picks make no sense.  Long at 56 ( 1st draft I have seen with him in the second round) the one area that the Pats have no need while letting player of value and need go by.

A grade for the pats draft ---- Z -

PS    Long is  5' 11" 227 lbs. BB will not even have him on his draft board! Pat want LB that are big that fill the gaps.

Edited by m haynes

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

1st 

10 Broncos: Devin Bush ILB

2nd
41 Broncos:  Jerry Tillery DT

3rd
72 Broncos:  Michael Dieter OG

4th
126 Broncos: Isaiah Buggs DE

5th
149 Broncos:  Emmanuel. Hall WR

157 Broncos: Terrell Hanks LB

6th
183 Broncos: Lonnie Johnson CB

7th
239 Broncos:  D. Knox TE

Can't say I believe it'll fall this way but if so, here's what I'd like to see from the Broncos selections

39 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Can't say I believe it'll fall this way but if so, here's what I'd like to see from the Broncos selections

I think Denver has to make that DL better, they are crazy weak at that position and getting a stronger DL especially at NT would improve the LB play as well and maybe bring them back to an elite defense.  Bush being that high of a selection is over drafting him I feel and having Jewell makes the ILB need so as important I feel.  Need CB help no doubt and interior OL help and potentially backup QB help or future QB down the road.  

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Drake and Ballage are fine. We need legit starters at LG, RG, RT, DE1, DE2, and possibly DT

Yeah OL is a big need for sure no question, could go OL in the 2nd round for them and that would make a lot of sense I agree.  I do not agree that Drake and Ballage are fine however.  QB is obviously a need and will most likely be the 1st round pick also.  

59 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I have been a fan of the Pats for over 40 years and if this is the result of the Patriots draft I will look for another team.

I appreciate the effort terrific job however the 1st pick for the Pats is horrible. Jones is a manufactured QB from the Mel Kipers of the draft world.

You have missed on major needs in the 1st for a QB that will have zero in pact for 3 years and IMO will be average at best.  Have you considered next years QB draft class why the complete reach.  The picks make no sense.  Long at 56 ( 1st draft I have seen with him in the second round) the one area that the Pats have no need while letting player of value and need go by.

A grade for the pats draft ---- Z -

PS    Long is  5' 11" 227 lbs. BB will not even have him on his draft board! Pat want LB that are big that fill the gaps.

I think the Patriots could use an athletic linebacker even if he is under 250 pounds.  David Long is great at getting penetration in the backfield and blitzing, and can hold his own on the edge very well for his size.  Would be a nice change of pace for them I think and they got enough hole stoppers in terms of more physical linebackers around.  But I guess when you get Van Noy for basically nothing one might not need to draft linebackers because they fall to you when other teams cannot utilize their talents or think they have underachieved which Van Noy did in Detroit.  Kid was awesome in college and that really has helped that LB core getting him.  

And you can dislike Daniel Jones all you want but if he falls that far he would be a good value.  Sure they could wait for next year but doubt there would be a Daniel Jones sitting there at the bottom of the 1st round like there is this year.  Maybe they could get Jake Fromm late 1st next year but that is about it, Jordan Love, Herbert and Tua will be gone.  Maybe a player like Montez 2nd-3rd round or Stanley but they are more development guys.  Daniel Jones has tons of potential, probably went out too early and would be of good value, has a strong great base and a good solid arm and is a better athlete than people make him out to believe.  Sure he is a project but at some point they need to start thinking about when Brady is gone and he has learned under a great coach at Duke.  

Daniel Jones is not manufactured by Mel Kiper, he has been a good player since his RS FR year of college to those watching and paying attention.  Sure honestly I expected a little more out of him this year but he ended the year really well and was not surrounded with tons of NFL talent on Duke that is for sure.  Kid can play and as a future QB prospect he is very solid.  

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Just no...HHCD was a liability in coverage and not a great tackler, that's why they let him go.  He was fast and had good range but was consistently out of place.  As previously stated, they need a coverage S who can play centerfield better than HHCD could.  There is a reason the Redksins didn't resign him.

Sure the Redskins did not resign him but the Bears sure did to take the place of Amos leaving for Green Bay.  And long term potential I would take Ha Ha over Amos any day but will see how they do.  Amos was arguably a weak link compared to the other DBs on Chicago.  But yes they could go safety in the late 1st or 2nd round.  But if Adderley and Gardner-Johnson are gone they only have so many options at safety and Rapp would be a decent option.  You do realize though I have the Packers taking Amani Hooker in the 4th round as well, and he is more of the coverage type FS type.  

2 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

No LB until the Bengals until 5 is an abject failure.  It's by far their biggest need.

I agree they could go LB for sure 2nd round or 3rd.  But I think Jefferson will start to develop and might be one of the starters opposite Vigil.  But they could arguably get decent LB depth later on in the draft and Dodson is talented and so is Alaka.  

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Despite taking Bryan last year, I'd be very happy taking Oliver

I think Bryan was a big reach last year, I did not like that pick at all but will see if he can actually become something.  Oliver if he is there might be too hard to pass up and they need that DL to get back to being elite.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I agree they could go LB for sure 2nd round or 3rd.  But I think Jefferson will start to develop and might be one of the starters opposite Vigil.  But they could arguably get decent LB depth later on in the draft and Dodson is talented and so is Alaka.  

I think Bryan was a big reach last year, I did not like that pick at all but will see if he can actually become something.  Oliver if he is there might be too hard to pass up and they need that DL to get back to being elite.  

Jefferson couldn't even get on the field with horrible LB play last year.  I'm not counting on anything from him.  We need a LB in 1 or 2.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think the Patriots could use an athletic linebacker even if he is under 250 pounds.  David Long is great at getting penetration in the backfield and blitzing, and can hold his own on the edge very well for his size.  Would be a nice change of pace for them I think and they got enough hole stoppers in terms of more physical linebackers around.

IMO This is where my knowledge of the Pats helps and hurts your position. I know Long no matter how good he can play doesn't fit the Pats scheme. They don't need a nice change because their system has been extremely successful. BB has always drafted or used big linebackers. He has done this as far back as in his Giants days and there is no way he deviates from what he looks for at the LB position.

This QB draft IMO is just like 2011. Teams reached for QBs for need while not taking into account their faults and how they will play at the next level.  You think Jones has value I don't. He remind me of Christian Ponder.  Here's a link from Kurt Warner which I agree completely. If you take all the 2nd tier QBs in this draft they are all rated IMO the same. Same players and faults just the name are different. Jones Is no better than Grier, Finley and others who are mid round talent.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/3/4/18249950/2019-nfl-draft-kurt-warner-quarterback-class-average-group-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins

PS I wanted to let know that I value your input. Thanks again.

Edited by m haynes