2019 7 Round Mock draft

Ozzy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah OL is a big need for sure no question, could go OL in the 2nd round for them and that would make a lot of sense I agree.  I do not agree that Drake and Ballage are fine however.  QB is obviously a need and will most likely be the 1st round pick also.

I also of belief that we need another RB BUT I'm not picking one until day 3. The RB group is sort of like WR, it'd be nice to have another but it isnt really needed especially if a position you ignored til the 3rd, OL, is weak.

QB is a need but they've made it clear they want either Kyler or Haskins. I dont think they're just going to pick a second-tier QB at 13 just because they need one. Also keep in mind that they put forth a lot of resources to watch Justin Herbert this year; then-GM Mike Tannebaum visited multiple Oregon home games.

The priority this year should be strengthening the LOS and getting more talented on both sides of the ball. Lock doesn't do that nor does Montgomery.

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Jefferson couldn't even get on the field with horrible LB play last year.  I'm not counting on anything from him.  We need a LB in 1 or 2.

Jefferson was injured was he not?  Did you see him play on Texas, sure some do not like the kid but when healthy I think he has potential to be a starter.  No way they pick a LB in the 1st round and if they do it would be way to high to select Devin Bush from Michigan and Devin White who would be ideal should be long gone by the time they pick.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

IMO This is where my knowledge of the Pats helps and hurts your position. I know Long no matter how good he can play doesn't fit the Pats scheme. They don't need a nice change because their system has been extremely successful. BB has always drafted or used big linebackers. He has done this as far back as in his Giants days and there is no way he deviates from what he looks for at the LB position.

This QB draft IMO is just like 2011. Teams reached for QBs for need while not taking into account their faults and how they will play at the next level.  You think Jones has value I don't. He remind me of Christian Ponder.  Here's a link from Kurt Warner which I agree completely. If you take all the 2nd tier QBs in this draft they are all rated IMO the same. Same players and faults just the name are different. Jones Is no better than Grier, Finley and others who are mid round talent.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/3/4/18249950/2019-nfl-draft-kurt-warner-quarterback-class-average-group-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins

PS I wanted to let know that I value your input. Thanks again.

You do know that Elandon Roberts from Houston is 235 at the combine right?   He was drafted by the Patriots obviously in 2016 and starts and has done very well for them.  Heck they drafted Matthew Wells and he was 222 but sure was more a special teams type talent.  Sure Hightower is a monster and a great player, played DE at Bama and does at times for the Patriots but they used to be a pure 3/4 team and have switched to more of a 4/3 look so he is more flexible than you think I feel.    And most likely if Roberts keeps doing well they will not sign him and need another linebacker to fill that void, or not will see.

To me Finley would be another option at QB and possibly a better one in the 2nd round, and I think Finley has 1st round potential but most likely will be a 2nd rounder.  Grier I see dropping after playing like a 1st rounder during the season, but has looked bad in pre draft stuff and him not playing that bowl game was just odd to me.  Daniel Jones is not Christian Ponder because he is much larger and is better in the pocket.  Ponder was assumed to be good at creating and moving and throwing on the run, also was assumed his intelligence was a sign that he would be a good football player and football mind.  Clearly was not, got hurt a lot, had a crap arm and was not all that good at improvisation.  

Heck of say Drew Lock falls because Miami does not take him, he could fall a ways and curious if they would go after him or not, I assume not because his game is more improv and big arm stuff not as meticulous and fundamental as Daniel Jones I would say.  

1 minute ago, Ajayii said:

I also of belief that we need another RB BUT I'm not picking one until day 3. The RB group is sort of like WR, it'd be nice to have another but it isnt really needed especially if a position you ignored til the 3rd, OL, is weak.

QB is a need but they've made it clear they want either Kyler or Haskins. I dont think they're just going to pick a second-tier QB at 13 just because they need one. Also keep in mind that they put forth a lot of resources to watch Justin Herbert this year; then-GM Mike Tannebaum visited multiple Oregon home games.

The priority this year should be strengthening the LOS and getting more talented on both sides of the ball. Lock doesn't do that nor does Montgomery.  

If they do not pick a QB I guess that could be ok because they have Fitz to manage as the starter this year and maybe next.  So what they go OL all the way in the 1st?  Cody Ford then I assume since Taylor will most likely be gone?  That DL is pretty crap as well maybe they do go with that.  Ferrell I guess could make some sense 1st round, too bad Gary and Oliver will be gone they would love either one of them.  If Lock does not go to Miami he could fall a little ways, then some teams might trade up to get him if he does fall a little.  

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Elandon Roberts from Houston is 235 at the combine right? 

And where was he drafted?  6th round,  214 pick. Now if you say Long at 214 I agree with you. We all know what teams are looking for in the 6th. Special teams or talent  to develop.

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

To me Finley would be another option at QB and possibly a better one in the 2nd round

Now your talking. However I would hope a late 3rd. IMO they look QB 2020 and accumulate draft capital this year. Trade 32. trade a 2nd rd as well. thats with a 2nd gained from 32 trade.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sure the Redskins did not resign him but the Bears sure did to take the place of Amos leaving for Green Bay.  And long term potential I would take Ha Ha over Amos any day but will see how they do.  Amos was arguably a weak link compared to the other DBs on Chicago.  But yes they could go safety in the late 1st or 2nd round.  But if Adderley and Gardner-Johnson are gone they only have so many options at safety and Rapp would be a decent option.  You do realize though I have the Packers taking Amani Hooker in the 4th round as well, and he is more of the coverage type FS type.  

Dude, do some research first...it helps.  Just making statements with nothing to back them up holds zero weight.  I didn’t even make a comment about who you had the Packers drafting, only that HHCD is not good in coverage, as you stated he is.

Didn't want to quote your whole post to do a reply earlier since you replied to everyone in it so i started a new one here lol.   The problem last year really wasn't LB after Jones went down we actually had a dude step up that was really good in Foye to take his place.  The problem we had last year was the guy we had replace Keanu Neal was straight garbage at SS.  But then you add into the fact that we also started a rookie LB in place of Jones after the injury and the combination of both of the young MLB and Garbage safety was to much to overcome.  Kazee was phenomenal at FS to replace Allen but even then he doesn't know the scheme well enough to put ppl into place like Allen did so that hurt as well.    But yeah you might not believe it but Foye was much much better at LB than anyone knows and im pretty sure he earned himself a starting spot next to Debo at WLB this year.    Foye, Debo, and Campbell as starters with  Duke Riley,  Bruce Carter, and Kemael Ishmael as depth.   Thats a very solid LB core with vet backups now signed in Free agency.    Im still not against a LB in the draft for depth in the 4th to 7th round at all though just not taking 1 at 14 for a position we have a legit top 5 player at starting already at MLB.  You can't expect Debo to get injured every year  to make the pick worth it xD

Now as far as TE goes we are already 4 or 5 deep there signing 2 people in free agency for 2 year deals to add to the 2 we already have.   Austin Hooper, Luke Stocker, Logan Paulsen, Eric Saubert, Alex Gray, and Jaedan Graham.  

The 1st 4 should be locks in  Hooper, Stocker, Paulsen, and Saubert.  They have all been good at what they do or showed alot of upside.   Hooper the starting pro bowler,  Stocker as a top 5 blocker in the league and solid hands,  Paulsen as a top tier run blocker and avg at best hands but can make plays.  Eric Saubert is the guy with the most upside he legit has reciever qualities about him.     The last 2 i doubt make the squad and are camp bodies gray made it last year but i don't think he repeats.   I doubt we keep more than 4 TE's on the roster so if we draft 1 i imagine Saubert is gone but i don't want to waste a high pick to do that and would be much better off take a guy with upside later in the draft and go with bigger needs earlier.

Hope this helps you understand a bit more of where im coming from and why i said such things earlier as i can't expect you to know every team so me explaining exactly why it wouldn't be the best pick makes it a bit easier on you :)

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I think Bryan was a big reach last year, I did not like that pick at all but will see if he can actually become something.  Oliver if he is there might be too hard to pass up and they need that DL to get back to being elite.  

I agree on both parts. Hopefully takes a big step forward with Jackson gone 

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree yes TE looking at it more does not make a lot of sense there.  Still believe Jace is worth a 2nd round pick though, LB I think would be a good choice or WR like Butler no doubt.  Butler would for sure be a steal in the 2nd round because I doubt he goes 1st round but will see.  

You are fine with their RB core?  Drake is ok but they need more talent there outside of Ballage who is a project himself.  Montgomery would be a good value and potentially the starter in a short period of time.  Can pass protect, catch the football and get the tough yards as well.  

Good point, again I did this mock quickly and did most on memory in terms of teams rosters.  Looking at the roster the 49ers now they do have some depth at that RB spot for sure.  I thought with the McKinnon injury stuff maybe but Coleman is a very talented back and Brenda has been productive as has Mostert not to mention Dayes who I feel has big time potential and talent.  So yeah I agree they probably will not go RB in the 3rd.  

With Q. Williams I still think with him, Buckner and Armstead they could be a beast of a front in a 3/4 or 4/3 whatever.  To me Q is better than Bosa I feel but Bosa does make more sense if they are going pure 4/3 defense but I think it could still end up being a hybrid of both.  Q. Williams provides pass rush and is the best player there to me, WR help I agree could make sense in the 3rd round for sure.  

Agreed.  Most Niner Fans want Bosa but I think Q.Williams will end up being the more impactful player.

9 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Dude, do some research first...it helps.  Just making statements with nothing to back them up holds zero weight.  I didn’t even make a comment about who you had the Packers drafting, only that HHCD is not good in coverage, as you stated he is.

True I should have researched rosters a little more before doing this mock draft.  I disagree with you on Ha Ha flat out, that is fine, Amos is a worse safety than him and basically they switched safeties and the Bears got the upgrade not the Packers, but maybe they do draft a good one in this draft .  Funny how people think knowledge is roster information about each specific team but when in regards to players I included in the draft no one says a word and it is all position based arguments for their specific team.    That is understandable though I guess.

There are two kinds of knowledge, knowledge about the teams you probably watch weekly during the season and knowledge about the players coming into the draft.  I have more of the ladder in that but get critiqued about roster information I tried only by memory, sure do whatever you wish.  So before you say do some research tell me about each player I listed in this mock draft first.  It is interesting to know more indepth roster takes for sure but if I had the time to look at each roster most of those mistakes would not have been made.   Excuse me, but sorry it takes a lot of time.  Do I want to know more about the prospects coming in or specific teams roster needs?  Yeah I want to know more about the prospects coming in to be honest.  That is time most others did not spend during the season looking at. 

I commented on goldwishwars 7 round mock and almost all of my comments were prospect based and players who were not in this years draft he included or comments on why a player was high or low in the draft, not team based but it is a difference of viewpoint.  The word quick was put in for a reason, should have spent a little more time digging into current roster info no doubt.  

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Didn't want to quote your whole post to do a reply earlier since you replied to everyone in it so i started a new one here lol.   The problem last year really wasn't LB after Jones went down we actually had a dude step up that was really good in Foye to take his place.  The problem we had last year was the guy we had replace Keanu Neal was straight garbage at SS.  But then you add into the fact that we also started a rookie LB in place of Jones after the injury and the combination of both of the young MLB and Garbage safety was to much to overcome.  Kazee was phenomenal at FS to replace Allen but even then he doesn't know the scheme well enough to put ppl into place like Allen did so that hurt as well.    But yeah you might not believe it but Foye was much much better at LB than anyone knows and im pretty sure he earned himself a starting spot next to Debo at WLB this year.    Foye, Debo, and Campbell as starters with  Duke Riley,  Bruce Carter, and Kemael Ishmael as depth.   Thats a very solid LB core with vet backups now signed in Free agency.    Im still not against a LB in the draft for depth in the 4th to 7th round at all though just not taking 1 at 14 for a position we have a legit top 5 player at starting already at MLB.  You can't expect Debo to get injured every year  to make the pick worth it xD

Now as far as TE goes we are already 4 or 5 deep there signing 2 people in free agency for 2 year deals to add to the 2 we already have.   Austin Hooper, Luke Stocker, Logan Paulsen, Eric Saubert, Alex Gray, and Jaedan Graham.  

The 1st 4 should be locks in  Hooper, Stocker, Paulsen, and Saubert.  They have all been good at what they do or showed alot of upside.   Hooper the starting pro bowler,  Stocker as a top 5 blocker in the league and solid hands,  Paulsen as a top tier run blocker and avg at best hands but can make plays.  Eric Saubert is the guy with the most upside he legit has reciever qualities about him.     The last 2 i doubt make the squad and are camp bodies gray made it last year but i don't think he repeats.   I doubt we keep more than 4 TE's on the roster so if we draft 1 i imagine Saubert is gone but i don't want to waste a high pick to do that and would be much better off take a guy with upside later in the draft and go with bigger needs earlier.

Hope this helps you understand a bit more of where im coming from and why i said such things earlier as i can't expect you to know every team so me explaining exactly why it wouldn't be the best pick makes it a bit easier on you :)

I am not as sold on Foye as a starter as you I guess, and Duke Riley is ok but nothing great and neither are those other guys and Bruce Carter is getting up there in age and is not as productive.  But yeah a replacement for Neal would help so maybe they go safety.  And I love Hooper as a TE and Stocker is ok but having another dynamic pass catching threat would be nice, I do not have a ton of faith in those other guys becoming very good players but I guess will see what happens.  Maybe Dexter Lawrence falls to them for some DT help but not sure they reach for a safety would be better to trade down to get one.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, m haynes said:

And where was he drafted?  6th round,  214 pick. Now if you say Long at 214 I agree with you. We all know what teams are looking for in the 6th. Special teams or talent  to develop.

Now your talking. However I would hope a late 3rd. IMO they look QB 2020 and accumulate draft capital this year. Trade 32. trade a 2nd rd as well. thats with a 2nd gained from 32 trade.

Looking at the 2020 draft not sure they get there guy then either.  Could argue in terms of depth this class is more deep than that class.  Murray, Haskins, Lock, Finley, Jones, Stidham, Jackson, Grier, Minshew and Thorson is more deep than Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason, Fromm and Milton.  Maybe Ehlinger or Costello develop into more top line QBs but will see, same with Montez and Patterson.  But in terms of proven talent this 2019 class has a lot, heck the Senior bowl QB rosters were surprisingly impressive, sure no elite guy but they went three deep on each roster with a variety of good solid players.

Will be curious what the Patriots do at QB because it has to be addressed at some point but have clearly proven they know how to get guys and know which guys they want and like.  I doubt they trade away their 1st round pick but maybe if they get a good offer for 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Depends on who falls and who is desperate to get the guy falling.

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Looking at the 2020 draft not sure they get there guy then either.  Could argue in terms of depth this class is more deep than that class.  Murray, Haskins, Lock, Finley, Jones, Stidham, Jackson, Grier, Minshew and Thorson is more deep than Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason, Fromm and Milton.  Maybe Ehlinger or Costello develop into more top line QBs but will see, same with Montez and Patterson.  But in terms of proven talent this 2019 class has a lot, heck the Senior bowl QB rosters were surprisingly impressive, sure no elite guy but they went three deep on each roster with a variety of good solid players.

Will be curious what the Patriots do at QB because it has to be addressed at some point but have clearly proven they know how to get guys and know which guys they want and like.  I doubt they trade away their 1st round pick but maybe if they get a good offer for 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Depends on who falls and who is desperate to get the guy falling.

Here a post by another member you might find interesting.

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If they do not pick a QB I guess that could be ok because they have Fitz to manage as the starter this year and maybe next.  So what they go OL all the way in the 1st?  Cody Ford then I assume since Taylor will most likely be gone?  That DL is pretty crap as well maybe they do go with that.  Ferrell I guess could make some sense 1st round, too bad Gary and Oliver will be gone they would love either one of them.  

I'd be thrilled with Ferrell in the 1st as the "consolation prize", and the best available OL in the 2nd and maybe 3rd, too. 

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True I should have researched rosters a little more before doing this mock draft.  I disagree with you on Ha Ha flat out, that is fine, Amos is a worse safety than him and basically they switched safeties and the Bears got the upgrade not the Packers, but maybe they do draft a good one in this draft .  Funny how people think knowledge is roster information about each specific team but when in regards to players I included in the draft no one says a word and it is all position based arguments for their specific team.    That is understandable though I guess.

There are two kinds of knowledge, knowledge about the teams you probably watch weekly during the season and knowledge about the players coming into the draft.  I have more of the ladder in that but get critiqued about roster information I tried only by memory, sure do whatever you wish.  So before you say do some research tell me about each player I listed in this mock draft first.  It is interesting to know more indepth roster takes for sure but if I had the time to look at each roster most of those mistakes would not have been made.   Excuse me, but sorry it takes a lot of time.  Do I want to know more about the prospects coming in or specific teams roster needs?  Yeah I want to know more about the prospects coming in to be honest.  That is time most others did not spend during the season looking at. 

I commented on goldwishwars 7 round mock and almost all of my comments were prospect based and players who were not in this years draft he included or comments on why a player was high or low in the draft, not team based but it is a difference of viewpoint.  The word quick was put in for a reason, should have spent a little more time digging into current roster info no doubt.  

I am not as sold on Foye as a starter as you I guess, and Duke Riley is ok but nothing great and neither are those other guys and Bruce Carter is getting up there in age and is not as productive.  But yeah a replacement for Neal would help so maybe they go safety.  And I love Hooper as a TE and Stocker is ok but having another dynamic pass catching threat would be nice, I do not have a ton of faith in those other guys becoming very good players but I guess will see what happens.  Maybe Dexter Lawrence falls to them for some DT help but not sure they reach for a safety would be better to trade down to get one.  

We don't need a safety Neal and Allen are phenomenal both are pro bowl quality starting safety's with Kazee being a 3rd safety that should have been in the pro bowl last year as well.   We need Safety depth incase of injury though so maybe one in the 4th to 7th round at safety is fine.   No chance in the world we replace Neal though he is one of the best safety's in the league and for sure the best safety on our team.    But yeah were at odds on Foye that dude was very good last year for a rookie most falcon fans are really impressed with him.  I agree Duke is garbage and carter is on his last leg thats why they are depth :)   I don't deny we could upgrade depth there and would like to do so later in the draft.   I think we are on the same path as i think we both agree we need players at these positions i just don't want to draft depth players in the 1st 3 rounds thats where i take starters and bigger needs.  Then draft depth players in later rounds.  Where as you want to draft the depth guys in the 1st few rounds not to start and skip out on bigger needs til later.

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If they do not pick a QB I guess that could be ok because they have Fitz to manage as the starter this year and maybe next.  So what they go OL all the way in the 1st?  Cody Ford then I assume since Taylor will most likely be gone?  That DL is pretty crap as well maybe they do go with that.  Ferrell I guess could make some sense 1st round, too bad Gary and Oliver will be gone they would love either one of them.  If Lock does not go to Miami he could fall a little ways, then some teams might trade up to get him if he does fall a little.  

Seems Fitzpatrick is just a stop-gap until next year. The thing with OL is that it'd be redundant to pick another OT in the 1st after letting your starting RT walk in free agency. I'm looking at the 2nd and 4th-5th for the OL picks.

The 1st round pick is either going to be a DL or BPA. Christian Wilkins seems to be the popular name lately.