2019 7 Round Mock draft

Ozzy

OK .....

Dillard is brilliant to the Eagles at 25.
However, I don't see how he'll be even close to that pick.
I have him borderline top-10 as he is a pure LT.

Nelson is sketchy as I think you have him too high.
He fits, but not there.

TE is full - Ertz - Goedert - Rogers.
If you said Caleb Wilson fell to the Eagles in the 5th and they just couldn't pass, then OK.
But, no TE in round 2.
They did that last year despite a Pro Bowl TE1.

The rest of the picks seem to meet positional needs, but they aren't the players the Eagles have met or seem to be considering.
Don't like'm, don't hate'm.

Needs some work.
Dillard/Lindstrom - Thompson/Henderson - Jones/Saunders - Cashman/Love - Hill/Froholdt ... more likely.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ozzy said:

Looking at it more yeah Sternberger at that spot might not make a ton of sense but as a football player the kid is going to be potentially a great pro.  They do have good depth at that spot so yeah that might not happen and they could look at a LB, still Sternberger is arguably the best route running TE in the draft without question and really came on this past season.

Could see them going after Mack Wilson possibly at that spot also or Justin Hollins if they want to get a little more athletic at LB.  Pratt is also an option at LB but 2nd round might be a little high for him, still he would fit well in that defense.  Shareef Miller I could see them getting and really liking, would be a great value in the 4th round in this years draft and give some needed edge rush.  Could arguably have been a 2nd rounder or higher in next years draft if he would have returned to school.  

I still feel they have to address the backup QB spot because it will be or could be an issue in the future, if anything need a develop guy worst case if they are firm with Studfeld as the backup.  And if you do not know Jontrell Rocquemore from Utah State is I just feel sorry for you ;o)  The guy can play and has good mobility in coverage and technique, has been good since his sophomore year of college, heck freshman year but he caught my eye his sophomore season.   

Are we supposed to play 3 tight end sets? We have Ertz and Goedert you know two really good tight ends already.

Also the eagles have shown zero interest in linebackers all off season. Like I'm not even sure they met with any.

I did something I rarely do, edited the content based on suggestions.  Well basically looking at the rosters a little more closely than my other attempt which was mostly by memory.  Made some changes and had a few guys drop and rise.  Drew Lock I had fall a lot because if Miami does not take him or Denver he could fall easily, does not mean he is any less talented as a QB and sure some team might trade up to get him late 1st if he does fall.  

Raiders and Giants have chances to improve greatly with the amount of picks they have early, especially the Raiders.  Raiders could clean up late 1st round if they play things right, I have them now getting Fant and Jacobs last 1st round.  And sure 49ers could go a different way than Q. Williams but I feel take the best player and figure it out later.  Devin White there makes sense as well no question and he to me is the best second option not Bosa because they already have Dee Ford and Solomon Thomas who still has ability and potential I feel.  Maybe with Q they got back to more of a 3/4 defense instead of a 4/3.

But true positions matter and certain teams need certain things, still to me it is hard to have guys fall when a specific round is where that player should go based on how good they are compared to the rest around them.  Happens all the time though, one guy expected to go one place does not and it dominoes everything back and changes it all.  Not to mention players who will be drafted that I did not include in the overall ranking because I have not seen them play.  

Man, you damn near nailed it for every position for the Lions. Don't agree with some of the player choices, but for the most part, you hit the positions right on the head. Biggest changes would be Irv Smith round 2, a LB with the 3rd, and then David Long with the 4th.

To all of the posters making mock  drafts the Raiders number one need are edge rushers we had a league low 13 sacks over 16 games,  in this draft the mocker picked Q. Williams  while Q Williams is a better prospect than Montez Sweat the Raiders will pick Sweat because of Need at DE.  Since we have 3 picks in round one + 1 at 35 if we took Williams at #4 then we would take edge rushers/ DE at 27 and 35 leaving us to take a TE Fant or Smith with 24  Josh Jacobs is a pick the Raiders may like but cant use The Raiders have to spend 3 out of 4 of their first 4 on defense.  In this mock NOT a single edge rusher was chosen.  For the life of me if I was was Mark Wilison and My GM and Head Coach made such a stupid draft they would be looing for work before day 3.

7 hours ago, Raidersare#1 said:

To all of the posters making mock  drafts the Raiders number one need are edge rushers we had a league low 13 sacks over 16 games,  in this draft the mocker picked Q. Williams  while Q Williams is a better prospect than Montez Sweat the Raiders will pick Sweat because of Need at DE.  Since we have 3 picks in round one + 1 at 35 if we took Williams at #4 then we would take edge rushers/ DE at 27 and 35 leaving us to take a TE Fant or Smith with 24  Josh Jacobs is a pick the Raiders may like but cant use The Raiders have to spend 3 out of 4 of their first 4 on defense.  In this mock NOT a single edge rusher was chosen.  For the life of me if I was was Mark Wilison and My GM and Head Coach made such a stupid draft they would be looing for work before day 3.

I had the Raiders take Bosa at #4.  They would easily take Q. Williams though regardless if he does fall no doubt.  ff

On 4/20/2019 at 8:20 AM, m haynes said:

Here a post by another member you might find interesting.

Very interesting and something like that sure takes a lot of work but I am not a statistics guy in terms of making mathematical equations to prove prospect success.  Most of their play on the field should be able to do that but even that is a gamble because one does know their personality or character.  If you knew that it would be a little easier but right now all one can take is their body language on the field, mannerisms and overall play and consistency over their time in college.  Now I have Lock falling potentially and Patriots taking him, still think Daniel Jones would be a better fit for their system but just on trade bate alone I think they take Lock if he is there because other teams would want him no doubt.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, FalconFan13 said:

We don't need a safety Neal and Allen are phenomenal both are pro bowl quality starting safety's with Kazee being a 3rd safety that should have been in the pro bowl last year as well.   We need Safety depth incase of injury though so maybe one in the 4th to 7th round at safety is fine.   No chance in the world we replace Neal though he is one of the best safety's in the league and for sure the best safety on our team.    But yeah were at odds on Foye that dude was very good last year for a rookie most falcon fans are really impressed with him.  I agree Duke is garbage and carter is on his last leg thats why they are depth :)   I don't deny we could upgrade depth there and would like to do so later in the draft.   I think we are on the same path as i think we both agree we need players at these positions i just don't want to draft depth players in the 1st 3 rounds thats where i take starters and bigger needs.  Then draft depth players in later rounds.  Where as you want to draft the depth guys in the 1st few rounds not to start and skip out on bigger needs til later.

Neal I am not sure I would call a phenomenal safety but in that Seattle system plays a Kam role and is more like an athletic linebacker and big hitter.  He is good though and I like Kazee as well no doubt.  Now I have them taking Greedy 1st round and getting more RB depth in the 3rd possibly with Gaskins.

7 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Man, you damn near nailed it for every position for the Lions. Don't agree with some of the player choices, but for the most part, you hit the positions right on the head. Biggest changes would be Irv Smith round 2, a LB with the 3rd, and then David Long with the 4th.

I could see them going after a TE no doubt, could easily take Hockenson #8 but I feel that might be a little high for him.  Even with Jonah Williams that might be a little high, they could easily take Taylor there also just to give Stafford some protection.  But at least Jonah could play OG or OT and really they need OG help more and he does have very good upside as a prospect.  

34 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Make it Sweat and Tillery for the Bills' first two picks, and that'd be what's up. Barring that, Christian Wilkins and Hakeem Butler.

You would take Sweat #9 overall?  Why?  Gary is a better DL prospect in general, Sweat is good but is probably best in a 3/4, cannot hold the point of attack all that well at times and is more an athletic edge rusher.  #9 overall for him would be a reach I feel.  Tillery makes sense in the 2nd also potentially but I feel they really need another solid CB and if Love falls that could be perfect value 2nd round.  I agree WR in Butler in the 2nd round makes a lot of sense as well, or a guy like Deebo also.

They just signed TJ Yeldon so possibly that 3rd round pick of Snell might not happen.  Yeldon is a good back, very was greatly productive with the Jags but had his moments and catches the ball really well for a back.  Nice signing for them.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You would take Sweat #9 overall?  Why?  Gary is a better DL prospect in general, Sweat is good but is probably best in a 3/4, cannot hold the point of attack all that well at times and is more an athletic edge rusher.  #9 overall for him would be a reach I feel.  Tillery makes sense in the 2nd also potentially but I feel they really need another solid CB and if Love falls that could be perfect value 2nd round.  I agree WR in Butler in the 2nd round makes a lot of sense as well, or a guy like Deebo also.

They just signed TJ Yeldon so possibly that 3rd round pick of Snell might not happen.  Yeldon is a good back, very was greatly productive with the Jags but had his moments and catches the ball really well for a back.  Nice signing for them.

Well, Sweat is certainly big and strong enough to play weakside end in a 4-3. Gary is bigger and stronger, but Sweat has that little bit of extra speed and burst that can make the difference. Besides that, Gary scares me as a prospect, far as how hot or cold his motor may run. I'm actually starting to get more and more on board the Christian Wilkins train, however. Wilkins and Butler would make me pretty happy.

41 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Well, Sweat is certainly big and strong enough to play weakside end in a 4-3. Gary is bigger and stronger, but Sweat has that little bit of extra speed and burst that can make the difference. Besides that, Gary scares me as a prospect, far as how hot or cold his motor may run. I'm actually starting to get more and more on board the Christian Wilkins train, however. Wilkins and Butler would make me pretty happy.

Christian Wilkins just on character, leadership and how great of teammate he would be makes it worth that high of a selection.  I doubt it happens and he probably drops, people tend to forget how good he has been because he has been around what seems like a very long time, same with Dexter Lawrence.  Sometimes happens to great young prospects who play right away as freshman, people get tired of them.  I think that has happened with Gary a little, was injured this past year but as a SOPH he was totally a top 5 pick but this year did not look the same.  He has tons of upside and could be a demon DT pass rusher as well potentially.

Be curious if they look at DK Metcalf, who I think is a little overrated but could make sense as well but could also be a bust based on his injury history and suspect route running ability.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:43 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree on both parts. Hopefully takes a big step forward with Jackson gone 

Crazy thing is if Arizona does not take Murray I could see him dropping to the Jaguars and I assume they would take him in a second and let him sit and learn behind Foles for a little while.  Might be a gamble but could be well worth it.  If the Giants pick a QB I do not think it would be Murray in that Schurmr system.  

Murray would be great for the Jaguars run based offense with his ability to scramble and create plays and offense.  Then if they do that they could address the DL or OL with that second round pick then later on get a RB now that Yeldon is gone, he will be missed especially his pass catching ability.  

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Crazy thing is if Arizona does not take Murray I could see him dropping to the Jaguars and I assume they would take him in a second and let him sit and learn behind Foles for a little while.  Might be a gamble but could be well worth it.  If the Giants pick a QB I do not think it would be Murray in that Schurmr system.  

Murray would be great for the Jaguars run based offense with his ability to scramble and create plays and offense.  Then if they do that they could address the DL or OL with that second round pick then later on get a RB now that Yeldon is gone, he will be missed especially his pass catching ability.  

I would rather trade because we have lots of needs and also depth too

Ozzy i love ya my friend but i don't think you want to know what i think about the new revised mock :D You probably wouldn't like my opinions at all buddy.   I'll just leave it at this i like your 2nd round pick for us and yup thats about it XD.  But you know me im gonna give it to ya anyways and lay it all out on what i would have done in each situation in each round.

1st - C. Wilkins DT - Top 10 player at a position of need and i have no love at all for Greedy Williams nor Backer at 14.  I don't want a CB in round 1 at all none of them are worth it
2nd -  C. Omenihu DE   - As said i don't mind dislike this pick at all and is the one i would keep.
3rd - Y. Cajuste OT - Would have taken in round 2 but round 3 is a win.
4a - E. Jenkins C  - Would have looked at him in round 2 as well but i get him in the 4th good lawd.
4b - C. Winovich DE/OLB - I would have taken him round 3 but you let me get him as a steal here thank you :D
5a - Sean Bunting - CB - One of my favorite CB's in the draft and should go in the top 3 to 4 rounds.  But i'll gladly take him in round 5. You don't have him in your mock?
5b -   R. Ridley WR  - Great addition to the WR core time to keep him home :)
6th - E. Holyfield RB  - Here is a legit Power RB for us not a Freeman clone.
7th - T. Prescod OG  - I like this Og alot and wouldn't even be mad if we took him in the 4th round in the real draft.  In round 7 it's a no brainer for me.

Edited by FalconFan13