Paul Richardson tried to play through fractured clavicle last season

turtle28

41 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I dunno what it is Turtle, but sometimes you're in such a rush to defend a player that you fail to see the actual analogy being made.

You were so keen to discuss the ways they were different in their physical attributes and hands that you failed to grasp his point.

What I understood from his post (and correct me if I'm wrong @lavar703) is that PRich was a WR that had a modicum of production elsewhere and was highly touted coming in here and then flopped (for whatever reason).

He wasn't making a checklist of all their characteristics and saying they were exactly the same height, weight, athlete, zodiac sign, etc...

As far as Crowder goes, I agree with you. It's why I wasn't too sorry to see him go.

Yep. You got it. 

@Thaiphoon Prich only had one season in DC. How do we know that this year - or future years if he's still here - will be like his 2018 season was?

And don’t give me, ”well he's always injured.” I just showed that in 2017 he played 18 games, including two playoff games.

In 2014 he played in 16 games, including the playoffs and in 2016 he played in 15 games too.

Edited by turtle28

58 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I dunno what it is Turtle, but sometimes you're in such a rush to defend a player that you fail to see the actual analogy being made.

You were so keen to discuss the ways they were different in their physical attributes and hands that you failed to grasp his point.

What I understood from his post (and correct me if I'm wrong @lavar703) is that PRich was a WR that had a modicum of production elsewhere and was highly touted coming in here and then flopped (for whatever reason).

He wasn't making a checklist of all their characteristics and saying they were exactly the same height, weight, athlete, zodiac sign, etc...

As far as Crowder goes, I agree with you. It's why I wasn't too sorry to see him go.

Again, PRich may get injured again, but I would hope that knowledgeable people could agree that PRich is a better player than Andre Droperts. That was the main point I was trying to make. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Thaiphoon Prich only had one season in DC. How do we know that this year - or future years if he still here - will be like his 2018 season was?

And don’t give me, ”well he's always injured.” I hair showed that in 2017 he played 18 games, including two playoff games.

In 2014 he played in 16 games, including the playoffs and in 2016 he played in 15 games too.

I'm not talking about injury history elsewhere.

You like giving projections based upon what someone did last year. Why can't @lavar703 ?

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You like giving projections based upon what someone did last year. Why can't @lavar703 ?

Not only that but if you go back to the thread when he was originally signed I detailed his injury history dating back to college and it’s rough. He was almost always hurt. 

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not only that but if you go back to the thread when he was originally signed I detailed his injury history dating back to college and it’s rough. He was almost always hurt. 

That's not true. Go look at his professional game logs.

2014-15: 16 games (including playoff game when he tore his ACL)

2015-16: 1 game bc he tore his ACL the 2015 playoff game

2016-17: 15 games

2017: 18 games (including playoffs)

2018: 7 games, played all of them with a broken clavicle.

Those are the facts, facts are indisputable. This is not my opinion, these are the facts.

Why does college matter? That was 7 plus years ago!

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I would say that unless you're going to be some kind of negative nancy all the time that as a fan of your favorite sporting team you wouldn't predict that players on your team get injured.

So, if you're going to be a hopeful fan and hope the best for your favorite team then you would think that the players stay healthy - even if you know its not going to be true for the entire team - and if PRich stays healthy for most of the year he's going to put up poor man DJax type numbers:

50-60 receptions, 800-900 and 5 - 7 Tds.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I would say that unless you're going to be some kind of negative nancy all the time that as a fan of your favorite sporting team that you wouldn't predict that players on your team get injured.

So, if you're going to be a hopeful fan and hope the best for your favorite team then you would think that the players stay healthy - even if you know its not going to be true for the entire team - and if PRich stays healthy for most of the year he's going to put up poor man DJax type numbers:

50-60 receptions, 800-900 and 5 - 7 Tds.

Except this team hasn't given us much to be positive about in 20+ years my friend. I get what you're saying. I just understand that @lavar703 has the same right to project as you do (even if he is doing it in the negative) 

Now...the REAL question is whether either one of your projections are realistic. That's where the discussions should be focused...at least IMHO

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Except this team hasn't given us much to be positive about in 20+ years my friend. I get what you're saying. I just understand that @lavar703 has the same right to project as you do (even if he is doing it in the negative) 

Now...the REAL question is whether either one of your projections are realistic. That's where the discussions should be focused...at least IMHO

I think for some reason people don't understand what a best case scenario projections/predictions is.  I'm giving you a best case scenario of what I believe his potential is if everything goes right. Seeing as nothing ever goes exactly right on the football field - especially for the Redskins - this is very likely not going to happen, but I'm surely going to hope it does and not predict the worst results. I just don't understand what the fun is in predicting injuries and suckage for your favorite team all the time. Why doesn't anyone hope they are good? Perhaps most in this forum do hope they are good, but they rarely ever show it. And hoping they are going to be good and actually believing they are going to be good are two entirely different things. I don't believe they'll be good, but I hope they'll be good. I don't even see hope from the crumondgen crowd.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, turtle28 said:

I think for some reason people don't understand what a best case scenario projections/predictions is.  I'm giving you a best case scenario of what I believe his potential is if everything goes right. Seeing as nothing ever goes exactly right on the football field - especially for the Redskins - this is very likely not going to happen, but I'm surely going to hope it does and not predict the worst results. I just don't understand what the fun is in predicting injuries and suckage for your favorite team all the time. Why doesn't anyone hope they are good? Perhaps most in this forum do hope they are good, but they rarely ever show it. And hoping they are going to be good and actually believing they are going to be good are two entirely different things. I don't believe they'll be good, but I hope they'll be good. I don't even see hope from the crumondgen crowd.

There's hope. Which we all have.

Then there's reality. Which only some of us recognize.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

There's hope. Which we all have.

Then there's reality. Which only some of us recognize.

I recognize reality, even though I don’t mention it much on here. Trust me, I recognize reality. In the schedule release thread I was brutally honest that I think it will likely be a double digit losing season for the Redskins this year and it’s hard for me to get to 5 wins when looking at the schedule, let alone 7 to 10.

@Thaiphoon So, I was listening to Craig Hoffman today on 106.7 the Fan after church and he said that Jay Gruden loved Paul Richardson and that’s why we signed him last offseason. He also said that Gruden loved Crowder and felt that if Gruden had known that signing PRich last offseason meant that we couldn’t keep Crowder this offseason that Gruden wouldn’t have pushed for the front office to sign PRich last offseason.

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@Thaiphoon So, I was listening to Craig Hoffman today on 106.7 the Fan after church and he said that Jay Gruden loved Paul Richardson and that’s why we signed him last offseason. He also said that Gruden loved Crowder and felt that if Gruden had known that signing PRich last offseason meant that we couldn’t keep Crowder this offseason that Gruden wouldn’t have pushed for the front office to sign PRich last offseason.

... that does not speak well of Gruden's ability to analyze the roster and/or salary cap.

What did he think would happen when they gave Richardson a $40M contract?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woz said:

... that does not speak well of Gruden's ability to analyze the roster and/or salary cap.

It was dumb then and it’s still dumb now. Paying Crowder that kind of money probably would’ve been dumb as well but he’s the only halfway decent receiver we’ve drafted in like 30 years so might as well let him walk for nothing. 

10 hours ago, Woz said:

He thought he was getting a poor man’s Djax and PRich’s 2017 tape showed that potential.

And the Redskins can get out of the contract after this year, ugh I hate misinformation.

Edited by turtle28