Paul Richardson tried to play through fractured clavicle last season

turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He thought he was getting a poor man’s Djax and PRich’s 2017 tape showed that potential.

And the Redskins can get out of the contract after this year, ugh I hate misinformation.

What misinformation?

They gave Paul Richardson a $40M contract. The fact that they can cut him after this year (provided they're willing to eat $6M in dead cap) is irrelevant to the cap space this year being absorbed by him and thus letting Crowder walk.

Richardson was a risk of a signing. He had only started 19 games in his four years in Seattle, 13 of which came in 2017 (the other 6 were in his 2014 rookie year). While he had 16.0 ypc on 44 catches in 2017, his overall ypc was 13.7. That's good, but not exactly DeSean Jackson ypc (17.4 for his career). They gambled on him staying healthy and putting up similar numbers in 2018. He did neither (7 GP, 4 GS, 13.1 ypc).

For the record, I liked the signing of Richardson. It didn't work out last year, and all of the warning signs that were flashing before he signed came to fruition in 2018. I'm hoping that he gets healthy and that they don't cut him after this season because I think he could be a quality receiver (yes, if healthy, a potential WR1). But that is a big if.

16 minutes ago, Woz said:

What misinformation?

They gave Paul Richardson a $40M contract. The fact that they can cut him after this year (provided they're willing to eat $6M in dead cap) is irrelevant to the cap space this year being absorbed by him and thus letting Crowder walk.

Richardson was a risk of a signing. He had only started 19 games in his four years in Seattle, 13 of which came in 2017 (the other 6 were in his 2014 rookie year). While he had 16.0 ypc on 44 catches in 2017, his overall ypc was 13.7. That's good, but not exactly DeSean Jackson ypc (17.4 for his career). They gambled on him staying healthy and putting up similar numbers in 2018. He did neither (7 GP, 4 GS, 13.1 ypc).

For the record, I liked the signing of Richardson. It didn't work out last year, and all of the warning signs that were flashing before he signed came to fruition in 2018. I'm hoping that he gets healthy and that they don't cut him after this season because I think he could be a quality receiver (yes, if healthy, a potential WR1). But that is a big if.

I could go either way on the debate between the two. One is more of an explosive down the field WR w/speed and good tracking ball skills, the other is a dynamic slot wr who’s more quick than fast but the downside to him is he struggles on the outside, Crowder is pretty much strictly a slot WR.

Crowder has struggled w/ injuries two years running. So, if people want to have an injury debate over the last two seasons, Crowder would be more injury prone in their recent histories.

I also think if they’re both healthy and all things being equal that a player like PRich is harder to replace than a slot WR like Crowder. As we’ve already seen flashes that Mr. irrelevant from the 2018 draft - Trey Quinn - may be able to replace Crowder in his second season in the league and Quinn did play as well as Crowder could have at the Cowboys last year in Dallas. In fact, Trey played better than Crowder did when Crowder faced Dallas in Dallas the last time in 2017.

The key for Quinn is he must prove he can stay healthy this year. If he has a major injury again the team will almost certainly draft a slot WR type to challenge him in the 2020 draft and they probably will do so in this draft anyways.

Edited by turtle28