2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

Just now, SerenityNow said:

Before the process started I would've said yes, but he seems to only be picking up more and more steam especially after a great combine. A guy his size that moves that well is really rare. Watching his tape is crazy. I had to check myself a couple of times, because I couldn't believe how effortless he made getting to the second level look at 340 lbs.

Yeah his combine helped him a ton. Would absolutely love him at 25 if he somehow falls. Solidify the line for years to come. 

Regarding the Ben Jones speculation, I think we'll find out in FA if Jones will continue to be our center or not. If we don't view him favorably in our new system, John Sullivan just played at a solid level in LA for LaFleur last year and should be available at a decent price. I think we stick with Jones though. He was really good in 16, and started off last year solid again but after his injury his play went downhill. We probably should have sat him and let him heal, but oh well I suppose.

5 hours ago, Ockham said:

Anyone have thoughts on Equamineous St Brown?  He looked good to Me at the combine, but I never saw him play.  Think he’ll last until the 4th?

Been reading up on him. Seems like a guy who looks great at the combine but not so much on the field. I need to actually watch him play but I hope we don’t draft him until at least the 5th

4 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Been reading up on him. Seems like a guy who looks great at the combine but not so much on the field. I need to actually watch him play but I hope we don’t draft him until at least the 5th

Not true he suffered from bad QB play scouts have been strong about him, he’s tall can run every route & get vertical they have him in the 2nd-3rd round 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:11 PM, TitanLegend said:

Regarding the Ben Jones speculation, I think we'll find out in FA if Jones will continue to be our center or not. If we don't view him favorably in our new system, John Sullivan just played at a solid level in LA for LaFleur last year and should be available at a decent price. I think we stick with Jones though. He was really good in 16, and started off last year solid again but after his injury his play went downhill. We probably should have sat him and let him heal, but oh well I suppose.

I imagine he didn't spill any tears from Mularkey's firing. From what I've pieced together from Kuharsky (and a pal who used to be in his starting 22) it seems like Mularkey left him out to dry a bit by not reporting his injury. So having to answer questions about substandard play he was on his own, had to just own it as opposed to saying, "hey my shoulder is falling off."

Some pro day info on players we were linked to

Auburn

Safety Stephen Roberts, who was struggling with a stiff shoulder, also slightly improved on his combine time of 4.53 with some scouts clocking him at 4.48. Despite the shoulder, Roberts looked good in position drills.

The New York Giants spent one-on-one time with Roberts, as did the Tennessee Titans.

Fordham/Columbia

Running back Chase Edmonds stood on most of his combine numbers but looked terrific in position drills -- especially catching the ball -- for the 18 teams who were on hand. Edmonds ran more than a dozen routes coming out of the backfield and lined up as a receiver. He did re-run the three-cone (6.89) and short shuttle (4.00).

The Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons sent multiple people to watch Edmonds’ workout, and the running back spent time with the New York Jets, New York Giants andTennessee Titans.

Tennessee State

Cornerback Terrell Bonds, graded as a potential late-round choice entering the season, had a solid pro-day workout. Bonds measured 5085 and 184 pounds, ran the 40 in 4.51 (much better than the 4.64 scouts expected) and timed 4.23 in the short shuttle and 7.00 in the three-cone. He completed 14 reps on the bench press and reached 10-foot-2 in the broad jump.

Bonds will be visiting the Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans as part of their local pro day and is drawing interest from the Carolina Panthers and Washington Redskins.

Wisconsin

There was a large crowd on hand for the Wisconsin pro day including linebacker coaches from the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Tennessee Titans, Tampa Bay Bucs, Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals

Linebacker Jack Cichy, who sat on the sidelines in 2017 after injuring a knee in August camp, timed 4.17s in the short shuttle, 6.87s in the three cone and posted a 33.5 inch vertical jump then looked good in position drills.  Teams left the combine believing Cichy could go as early as the fourth round if his knee checked out medically.

Thoughts on Cichy, @titans0021? Apparently we sent our LB coach to the Wisconsin pro day. 

So Im not reading this thread. Anyone wanna update me a little bit.

Who are we looking at?

Who do you guys like/hate? LOVE/DO NOT WANT?

What is even our biggest need rn? NT? Pass rusher? ILB? 

Hook me up guys. 

Clear need #1 is ILB by far. Woodyard will be 32 in July and do people really think Jayon will be a starter? Jayon is a solid piece to have but we need a star ILB imo. Pees values ILB big time so imagine it will be high on the list of draft needs. 

After that, I’d go OLB. Both Morgan and Orakpo are aging and in the last year of their deals. Dodd has been useless up to this point and the only other pass-rushers we have have been 7th rounders(Wallace, Carraway). We need to get some speed at this position because it’s lacking big time.

After that we need depth at certain positions like OL(especially with Conklin out), QB, S, and maybe WR.

Just a quick glance at the depth chart...

QB: Marcus Mariota

RB: Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis

WR: Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe

WR: Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor

TE: Delanie Walker, Jonnu Smith, Luke Stocker

LT: Taylor Lewan

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Ben Jones, Corey Levin

RG: Josh Kline

RT: Jack Conklin, Dennis Kelly

DT: Jurrell Casey, David King

NT: DaQuan Jones(Does he finally make the move to NT)

5T: Austin Johnson?

OLB: Brian Orakpo, Aaron Wallace, Josh Carraway

ILB: Wesley Woodyard, Darren Bates

ILB: Jayon Brown

OLB: Derrick Morgan, Kevin Dodd

CB: Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan, Tye Smith

CB: Adoree Jackson, LeShaun Sims

FS: Kevin Byard

SS: Johnathan Cyprien

K: Ryan Succop

P: Brett Kern

Looks like glaring deficiencies at depth amongst the DL, LBs, S, and OL.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, TwoToneBlue said:

Thoughts on Cichy, @titans0021? Apparently we sent our LB coach to the Wisconsin pro day. 

I was excited to watch Cichy as a senior, so the ACL really hurt. If we are talking a fourth or fifth round pick, I’d definitely take a shot. Those testing numbers are a really good sign. Not a huge LB, but was constantly in the backfield in the run game and was solid when asked to blitz. Athletic enough to play the pass.

All comes down to the knee, but definitely could be a risk worth taking. Good thing is that it happened before the season, so there’s a realistic shot he could be cleared by mini camp and should almost certainly be ready for TC.

I really don't liek Rashaan Evans in run defense and I really don't like Vander Esch in pass coverage. 

I think we could go either way depending on what we want, but when asked to backpedal Vander Esch might as well be Avery Williamson. He's more athletic but doesn't play the hook zone well at all.

Archived