2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

Nyheim Hines was another who looked explosive and displayed his sheer athleticism at pro day. Hines posted a 10-foot-2 broad jump and timed 4.21 in the short shuttle and 6.85 in the three-cone, all of which were better than the one’s he laid down at the combine.

Much of his position drills were run byTennessee Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur until the end, when Duce Staley of the Philadelphia Eagles took over.

Possible mid round change of pace running back. LaFleur put him through drills at his pro day.

Jullian Taylor, a player not graded by scouts coming into the year, displayed next-level athleticism during the pro day. Taylor measured 6-foot-4-inches and 295 pounds. He timed as fast as 4.83 in the 40, completed 31 reps on the bench press and touched 33 inches in the vertical jump. He then put that athleticism on display during position drills.

Taylor, who we presently grade as a sixth-round prospect, was never mentioned by scouts entering the season. But a terrific senior campaign, including a 10-tackle, 4.5-tackle-for-loss performance against Central Florida, helped put him on the map.

Prior to today’s workout, Taylor had five private workouts for NFL teams, and tomorrow he’ll be working out for the Tennessee Titans. He has three official visits on his schedule, including the Arizona Cardinals. Last night he had a working dinner with the San Francisco 49ers.

Private workout with Temple Day 3 DL.

7 hours ago, Bloeddyr said:

It looks like will host Florida State EDGE Josh Sweat on a predraft visit, per Cameron Wolfe of ESPN (I still haven't learned how to embed tweets, sorry).

Man, I like Sweat plenty. He's not a top prospect at his position, but he's definitely really really intriguing. The value is there in that 2nd/3rd round range.

I’ve been wondering if a guy like Edmunds or Roquan Smith fell out of the top 10 what combination of picks do you guys think it would theoretically take for us to make a big jump to get a deal done? I think I’d rather just stay pat and see how the board falls for us, but both Edmunds and Roquan would be awesome pieces for our defense if they fell within striking distance for us.

The Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals and Carolina Panthers all had their quarterbacks coaches on hand while the Jacksonville Jaguars sent their assistant director of player personnel to attend the workout.

Quarterback Nic Shimonek had a solid day, showing arm strength and decent accuracy. He ended the workout with a pair of 75-yard passes that were delivered with speed. The feeling leaving the workout was that Shimonek has a real chance to develop into a backup at the next level.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-texas-tech

Since we haven't signed a backup QB yet, here's a possible draft option we could be looking at.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Front 7 has to be the point of emphasis in this draft. Between the needs at ILB, OLB, and along the DL, we could use a whole draft dedicated to it.

yup. maybe snag a RB3 and/or additional WR in the mid-late rounds, but otherwise it makes sense to me to go all-in on front 7.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Front 7 has to be the point of emphasis in this draft. Between the needs at ILB, OLB, and along the DL, we could use a whole draft dedicated to it.

I've calibrated my Draft crushes this year according to our Draft position. If we get out of the first three rounds with something close to Evans, Sweat and Nnadi, I'd cry tears of joy. I believe very much that we can afford to just draft the best player available given how our roster is currently set, but if Robinson sticks with his philosophy, which so far seems to be going into the Draft with a few needs in mind and address them early on, I'd love it if the focus is on front seven for the first few rounds. And then just add some competition at the WR and/or RB spots, as well as OL depth, and I'd be happy.

I agree that we need to address the front 7, as this is where our biggest "weakness" appears to be.

But isn't crazy... That a unit that ranked as the 4th best rushing defense last year (both in ypg and ypc) and was 5th in sacks... And lost only rotational players (say what you will about AW starting, but he split snaps down the middle with JB)... Is now our perceived weakness.

If we can hit on a couple of these picks, especially at OLB, were sitting very nicely now and into the next few seasons.

I don't really consider DL a weakness at all. In the age of the nickel defense that we are in now a NT is incredibly overrated amd we have Austin Johnson who I think can play it well as well as play DT in the nickel. Honestly, I think he and DaQuan Jones can every position along the DL. 

I'm more confident in our DL than WRs. 

OLB and ILB are the biggest needs I see. OG and possibly WR behind them. 

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't really consider DL a weakness at all. In the age of the nickel defense that we are in now a NT is incredibly overrated amd we have Austin Johnson who I think can play it well as well as play DT in the nickel. Honestly, I think he and DaQuan Jones can every position along the DL. 

I'm more confident in our DL than WRs. 

OLB and ILB are the biggest needs I see. OG and possibly WR behind them. 

Exactly we need edge rushers & Ilb

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Problem is, we have one DL that can rush the passer in Casey. Klug is gone now. Johnson and Jones are not pass-rushers. Unless we’re counting on a guy named David King to be relevant. We need guys on the DL who can rush the passer in the sub packages. Part of the reason why I like Taven Bryan so much.

Archived