2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

On 4/16/2018 at 11:59 PM, TwoToneBlue said:

Somehow, despite all of the press, I feel like Shaquem Griffin is incredibly underrated.

NFL.com has him with a fourth or fifth ground grade, I'd be more than happy to get him in the third. Obviously some concerns that go along with the missing hand (interceptions will be tough, but more importantly, disengaging from blocks from OL is certainly more difficult), but he jumps out on tape. Flies to the ball and has an impressive motor. Plays at the same speed on the first play as he does late in the fourth.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

NFL.com has him with a fourth or fifth ground grade, I'd be more than happy to get him in the third. Obviously some concerns that go along with the missing hand (interceptions will be tough, but more importantly, disengaging from blocks from OL is certainly more difficult), but he jumps out on tape. Flies to the ball and has an impressive motor. Plays at the same speed on the first play as he does late in the fourth.

My biggest concern with him is wrapping up on tackles.  I know it hasn't hindered him yet, but how's he going to handle trying to bring Fournette down when he's running at him with full steam... or Hopkins/Watson trying to evade him...

He's a great story, and he's obviously been a great player in his non-power 5 conference.  How he responds to now facing the best of the best every week, without the second hand to grab these bigger and faster guys remains a big question and concern in my eyes.

If Evans, Landry, LVE are all gone I would honestly rather just trade back and pick up 2 more 2nds or something then just get Lorenzo Carter and Darius Leonard and another good player with our own 2nd rounder.

I'd love to get the Browns first 2 2nd rounders for 25 lol

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

ehhhh

I was just coming in to post how I was watching highlights/videos of Hubbard and I'm still just not seeing it. I think he could be a decent 3rd rusher and a guy who gets 4-6 sacks a year but nothing special. Late 2nd/Early 3rd rounder imo, so getting him at 25 would be pretty disappointing.

Also surprised at how many people still have Landry dropping to our/close to our pick. Either we're higher on him than the league is or the draft guys are underselling him.

50 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

That's one of the picks that scares me. 

Wouldn't mind Reid in that scenario.

Yeah, not much to get excited about with this scenario. ...

Reid would even be...ehhh. Because i don't see an immediate place for him to play heavy snaps. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I should have a decent chunk of time tomorrow. So Titania, give me some names to watch!

Not sure who you have watched so far, but this is my list from the top 10 favorite thread:

Marcus Davenport

Shaquem Griffin

LVE

Olasunkanmi Adeniyi

Justin Reid

Nyheim Hines

Rashaan Evans

Uchenna Nwosu

Taven Bryan

Maurice Hurst

Archived