2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

Getting a 25 year old, at a position so far down on the list of needs, would be beyond disappointing.

For perspective, Jonnu Smith will be the same age when his rookie contract is up as Hurst will be when he suits up week 1.

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Da fuq

Im not saying i want him.. Im just trying to think of the pick that will leave us scratching our head. Im preparing us for it. To be fair he can block and catch, but i am in no way sayinf i want it. My favorite is the LB Evans, which would make sense.

6 minutes ago, grizzans3222 said:

Im not saying i want him.. Im just trying to think of the pick that will leave us scratching our head. Im preparing us for it. To be fair he can block and catch, but i am in no way sayinf i want it. My favorite is the LB Evans, which would make sense.

I know you didn’t say you wanted him but the pick wouldn’t make any sense. Like TS said, drafting a 25 year old TE would be all kinds of dumbness. I think the shock would be a WR. Drafting a WR high again would be shocking to me. Also drafting an OL would shock me. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I know you didn’t say you wanted him but the pick wouldn’t make any sense. Like TS said, drafting a 25 year old TE would be all kinds of dumbness. I think the shock would be a WR. Drafting a WR high again would be shocking to me. Also drafting an OL would shock me. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we get either a WR or linemen if Ridley or someone like nelson obviously. if a great prospect is there i think you have to get him, and try to fit in the pieces when you can. That is of course if that player fits the model of the team.

I’ve been trying so hard to be okay with us picking Sweat at 25 just to be prepared for it, and I just can’t bring myself to be okay with it. I’ve watched his film probably more than any other prospect just to try to get on board. I just don’t see it. I can’t just throw his mediocre tape by the waste side and draft him in the first purely off of athletic traits alone. Playing in the wrong scheme and injury questions are all part of the evaluation, but I just can’t bring myself to be okay with drafting a guy in the first that has such mediocre tape. Others might be okay with drafting a guy early purely based off of “what if” scenarios, but I can’t do it.

9 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I’ve been trying so hard to be okay with us picking Sweat at 25 just to be prepared for it, and I just can’t bring myself to be okay with it. I’ve watched his film probably more than any other prospect just to try to get on board. I just don’t see it. I can’t just throw his mediocre tape by the waste side and draft him in the first purely off of athletic traits alone. Playing in the wrong scheme and injury questions are all part of the evaluation, but I just can’t bring myself to be okay with drafting a guy in the first that has such mediocre tape. Others might be okay with drafting a guy early purely based off of “what if” scenarios, but I can’t do it.

I've been collecting articles, saving tweet threads and other stuff to show off in expectation of the outcry, if he is the pick...lol.

I get why many are weary of getting him early on though.

21 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I've been collecting articles, saving tweet threads and other stuff to show off in expectation of the outcry, if he is the pick...lol.

I get why many are weary of getting him early on though.

I’d do everything I could to embrace him and support him if he ends up being the pick, but I’d definitely be pretty upset initially lol. I just try to trust the tape and not get too enthralled by workout warrior types, and I just can’t get behind Sweat’s tape early. 

I know there’s no such thing as a sure thing in the draft, but I’d rather draft guys in the first two rounds that I’ve seen produce at a high level on film. The 3rd round on is where I’d start to feel comfortable taking chances on those athletic freak types even if the tape isn’t as strong.

Yeah, I think a lot of us are going to be disappointed if/when they reach for next available pass rusher at 25. 

Team Reid ova here...

I like Nwosu or even Carter way more than I like someone like Sweat and Hubbard... But let's trade down 10/15 picks or so before taking one of those two... Sweat and Hubbard belong at the end of the 2nd or preferably the 3rd...

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, I think a lot of us are going to be disappointed if/when they reach for next available pass rusher at 25. 

Team Reid ova here...

I like Nwosu or even Carter way more than I like someone like Sweat and Hubbard... But let's trade down 10/15 picks or so before taking one of those two... Sweat and Hubbard belong at the end of the 2nd or preferably the 3rd...

All aboard the Reid train!!!

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Team Reid ova here...

Reid and Byard would be an insane duo. Would set us up well thenext 5 years + on the back end. At this point I'm wondering if J-Rob isn't thinking load up in the secondary now and hope we squeeze more from our current guys and whatever picks in terms of pass rush.

I might be all alone on this one but my ideal draft is trading up for Laundry. One of the best things about not having a lot of needs is that we don’t need our draft picks and we can trade up and grab a great player.

17 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

I might be all alone on this one but my ideal draft is trading up for Laundry. One of the best things about not having a lot of needs is that we don’t need our draft picks and we can trade up and grab a great player.

God that would be an awful move. We most definitely need picks 1-3 this year to build depth and re-stock for future starters. We have little capital to move up - this isn't Madden no players we would be willing to trade will get us much. 

Landry if he gets to 25 is an ok pick. Mortgaging the future for a maybe guy makes no sense. If somehow Chubb or Fitzpatrick fall a little maybe you see what you can do. They seem to be almost sure bets. Landry is still a wild card. 

Archived