2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

1 minute ago, grizzans3222 said:

Anthony Miller needs to be on this team..He will be a star WR on the right team.You can never have too many weapons. Plus i don't think he will go too high. Defense should be something that is adressed as well. A nose tackle and pass rusher is needed.

He reminds me of Kendall at Baylor by me living in Memphis I watch a lot of his games. Doesn’t run a lot of routes but he gets open & is beast in space 

• 3 weeks later...

Be honest & I know this sounds bashful & im get hammered but if we get a New Coaching staff & address 4 needs in FA in CB, DE, S, & OG I wouldn’t mind if we took a look at Christian Kirk in the 1st Rd. I Believe in drafting best player Available over need, & watching Kirk I see OBJ & Steve Smith all day, you can’t teach play Making ability, dude is special. Now I know some will say we have Taywan Taylor but Taywan isn’t as explosive & big of a playmaker as Kirk. To me Taywan has a ceiling of maybe Derrick Mason, Emmanuel Sanders, but my opinion you can never have too many playmakers guys that makes it hard on a defense to play in space. 

I’d love to have Kirk but if Malaurky is still here he’d find a way to waste his talent like he’s doing Davis right now lol. If there isn’t a edge rusher available I could see us going best player available if took care of business in free agency.

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Be honest & I know this sounds bashful & im get hammered but if we get a New Coaching staff & address 4 needs in FA in CB, DE, S, & OG I wouldn’t mind if we took a look at Christian Kirk in the 1st Rd. I Believe in drafting best player Available over need, & watching Kirk I see OBJ & Steve Smith all day, you can’t teach play Making ability, dude is special. Now I know some will say we have Taywan Taylor but Taywan isn’t as explosive & big of a playmaker as Kirk. To me Taywan has a ceiling of maybe Derrick Mason, Emmanuel Sanders, but my opinion you can never have too many playmakers guys that makes it hard on a defense to play in space. 

Maybe I haven't watched enough of Kirk, but nothing about him suggests OBJ (or Steve Smith for that matter) talent to me. He's explosive, sure. So is Taylor. His final year in college he posted over 1,700 yards and 17 TDs, on a 17.7 average per catch. Those are pretty insane numbers. Explosive in college football does not always translate well into the NFL, as we're kind of seeing that with Taylor.

If we're looking at WR in the 1st, I'd have no problem with Ridley, Washington, Gallup. Someone like Kirk, Anthony Miller or Burnett, I'd look at in the day 2 range. 

But then again, I don't think we need to do something crazy to address the WR position. If we retain Decker, between him, Davis and Matthews, with Walker still a very solid receiving TE and with that explosive element in Taylor that just needs to get up to the speed of the league, that's actually a pretty good WR corps. If anything, I'd honestly go after one of the top RB prospects, preferably someone more explosive than Murray/Henry.

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Maybe I haven't watched enough of Kirk, but nothing about him suggests OBJ (or Steve Smith for that matter) talent to me. He's explosive, sure. So is Taylor. His final year in college he posted over 1,700 yards and 17 TDs, on a 17.7 average per catch. Those are pretty insane numbers. Explosive in college football does not always translate well into the NFL, as we're kind of seeing that with Taylor.

If we're looking at WR in the 1st, I'd have no problem with Ridley, Washington, Gallup. Someone like Kirk, Anthony Miller or Burnett, I'd look at in the day 2 range. 

But then again, I don't think we need to do something crazy to address the WR position. If we retain Decker, between him, Davis and Matthews, with Walker still a very solid receiving TE and with that explosive element in Taylor that just needs to get up to the speed of the league, that's actually a pretty good WR corps. If anything, I'd honestly go after one of the top RB prospects, preferably someone more explosive than Murray/Henry.

All our WR are possession WR, & pretty much have the same skill set, but I see what your saying. To me speed & play making ability kills you can never have too much of that on the field. 

Kirk yards after & return ability is sick. I’ll put him at KR & leave adoree @ PR 

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

All our WR are possession WR, & pretty much have the same skill set, but I see what your saying. To me speed & play making ability kills you can never have too much of that on the field. 

Kirk yards after & return ability is sick. I’ll put him at KR & leave adoree @ PR 

Corey isn't, or at least he shouldn't be. I think I remember him not running at the Combine so I don't know what his 40 time is, but I'd like to believe a top 5 pick in the Draft has at least some ability to burn defenses deep. I don't care if that's straight line speed, route running, ability to win at the line or whatever.

Also, speed's fine, and I'm not against finding someone to compete for playing time with Taylor, but that in itself is not a great indicator of success when you enter the league. For example, a 4.62 WR is currently leading rookies in yards on the #1 scoring offense, while the 4.22 guy, injuries or not, has been a big time disappointment so far.

Guys why go after speed when we can go out and get another tight end? Cut Kelly to make room on the roster and draft another tight end. That we can go away from the 3 tight end sets that aren't working and go with 4 tight end sets #exoticsmashmouth

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Guys why go after speed when we can go out and get another tight end? Cut Kelly to make room on the roster and draft another tight end. That we can go away from the 3 tight end sets that aren't working and go with 4 tight end sets #exoticsmashmouth

???

20 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Corey isn't, or at least he shouldn't be. I think I remember him not running at the Combine so I don't know what his 40 time is, but I'd like to believe a top 5 pick in the Draft has at least some ability to burn defenses deep. I don't care if that's straight line speed, route running, ability to win at the line or whatever.

Also, speed's fine, and I'm not against finding someone to compete for playing time with Taylor, but that in itself is not a great indicator of success when you enter the league. For example, a 4.62 WR is currently leading rookies in yards on the #1 scoring offense, while the 4.22 guy, injuries or not, has been a big time disappointment so far.

Is not just about the speed, it’s the play making ability to go along wit the speed, key word I’ve said if we get a new coaching staff. I have no doubt that Corey Williams will be special, especially once we get the right coach. But him Taywan Taywan Taylor on the outside with Kirk in the slot that’s big play ability 

• 2 weeks later...

We need speed on offense bad. Our defense is good enough to win a Super Bowl wit, if we had a high octane offense. You can’t never have too many playmakers on offense. You can’t teach speed & to take advantage of Marcus skill set as a QB we need guys that can play in space. I  really want Christian Kirk but that’s only if we GET AN OC WIT A BRAIN 

Archived