2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We need speed on offense bad. Our defense is good enough to win a Super Bowl wit, if we had a high octane offense. You can’t never have too many playmakers on offense. You can’t teach speed & to take advantage of Marcus skill set as a QB we need guys that can play in space. I  really want Christian Kirk but that’s only if we GET AN OC WIT A BRAIN 

We need speed on offense in general. It's a shame we have to play Adoree on offense to provide the speed we lack there.

Get a speed back, another speed WR to take Decker's spot, Taywan Taylor more PT and a new OC who would know how to use these assets and we'd (hopefully) be booming.

I love Jones. There are at least 3 other interesting choices we could go in that 2-3 round range.

For what it's worth, I've also fallen in love with Marcus Davenport as a 1st round prospect, but would imagine he'll be gone before we pick.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Completely ridiculous line of thought I'm aware, but I wouldn't be all that upset if we signed Norwell then drafted Quenton Nelson out of Notre Dame and put together an unstoppable o-line. Nelson probably doesn't fall to us, but jesus christ he's incredible.

Would love it, but highly doubt he falls outside top 20. I like the Norwell part anyway.

I really want to draft an edge rusher in the 1st round, but I dont feel like anyone is going to be there who is worth it. 

Idk how attached we wre to Cyprien, but SS could be appealing. Center would also be good. I'm actually starting to believe Ben Jones is just as bad as Spain. He consistently gets driven back into the Pocket and is always snapping way low. 

OL/CB/S in the first unless some edge rushers are revealed that look a lot better than what I've seen so far.

DL is also possible, but I think Johnson/Jones/Casey are all pretty solid.

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Completely ridiculous line of thought I'm aware, but I wouldn't be all that upset if we signed Norwell then drafted Quenton Nelson out of Notre Dame and put together an unstoppable o-line. Nelson probably doesn't fall to us, but jesus christ he's incredible.

I feel like we’ve already done this and massively failed with Levitre and Warmack. Levitre the best FA OG at the time and one of the top OGs in the league and Warmack the best OG prospects in years. I think I’d pass. I’ll take Norwell but I really want to shape this defense up. I think it has some good young pieces to work with and some good experienced vets but we need a young and super talented pass-rusher. Specifically someone with elite speed which we do not have from the outside. The top needs IMO are....

1.) Edge Rusher - Landry and Key could be available unless they dominate the offseason stuff.

2.) OG

3.) DB - Tye Smith is making this become lower though. McCain should be gone. So are top 4 CBs next year are Ryan, Jackson, Sims, and Smith. Not bad but I think it can be better. 

4.) WR

5.) 5-Tech(With some pass-rushing ability) 

6.) Backup QB

Landry also dealt with an ankle injury half the season. Still had 5 sacks this year after 16.5 his junior year. That’s called production and I love his get off. Chubb is my top pass-rusher and top player in the draft but we have no shot at him. Landry and Key likely dominate the combine and shoot up draft boards. Both were projected top 10 picks before this season. 

I want this offseadon to add some veteran depth on offense and to start restocking the D through the draft. (Not 100% each, but generally).

I still want to see some speed on offense... Ideally Lewis at RB. I hope Taywan develops into that 3rd option at WR, adding to the speed on the field. 

The interior of the online, I'd target mid range FAs... Starting opportunities should give us good options.

And finally back up QB... Give me a young vet... I'll take someone like Teddy B, Chase Daniel, Kaep (yep), maybe even Gabbert after what he's shown the past couple seasons.

On D, edge is the obvious need to both bolster the rotation and give us a Rak/Morgan replacement/upgrade.

I'd also continue targetting the secondary and MLB, as Williamson should be gone and Woodyard is one of our oldest starters. 

St some point we need to start looking for another potential star on the DL, but I feel that's still our strength, even with players (is, Sly) that don't make sense to me. Maybe another mid round prospect that falls, try to recreate that Casey draft magic.

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Would love it, but highly doubt he falls outside top 20. I like the Norwell part anyway.

I really want to draft an edge rusher in the 1st round, but I dont feel like anyone is going to be there who is worth it. 

Idk how attached we wre to Cyprien, but SS could be appealing. Center would also be good. I'm actually starting to believe Ben Jones is just as bad as Spain. He consistently gets driven back into the Pocket and is always snapping way low. 

OL/CB/S in the first unless some edge rushers are revealed that look a lot better than what I've seen so far.

DL is also possible, but I think Johnson/Jones/Casey are all pretty solid.

We can cut cyprien if wanted after the season, all our FA were signed to deals were we front loaded guaranteed money in the 1st yr. as for Ben jones; I really want to see Corey Lewin compete for the starting Center job. He looked solid in the preseason granted it was against scrubs, but I think he’s going to be 1 of Robinson’s small school gems.. FA I want us to get a CB a solid #2 that can mix it up, someone with length & physicality like Prince Amukamara. Also a Guard, & 5 tech DE with real pass rushing ability that will free Orakpo up, if we had a 5tech DE that commanded a double team.

in the draft I’m obsess wit 3 players Fitzpatrick which I doubt will have a **** at,  Barkley again No way in h*ll we have a shot & Christian Kirk. My opinion you can’t teach play makers, you can’t have enough playmakers. You draft best player Available not need. The kid has big play potential, a threat to score anywhere on the field. PR,KR, WR. But only if we get a new OC...

I don’t want anymore rookie receivers in this offense. Rookie WRs have trouble in a lot of offenses actually and I believe if Pittsburgh wasn’t loaded with weapons, JuJu wouldn’t of had as good of a year he had. I want Davis and Taylor in a full offseason with their QB and hopefully all 3 are healthy next year.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t want anymore rookie receivers in this offense. Rookie WRs have trouble in a lot of offenses actually and I believe if Pittsburgh wasn’t loaded with weapons, JuJu wouldn’t of had as good of a year he had. I want Davis and Taylor in a full offseason with their QB and hopefully all 3 are healthy next year.

I feel ya, but that’s why I said only wit a new OC. We need speed on offense bad, especially if we plan on building this offense to Mariota strengths. Kirk is the perfect slot WR. Taylor in my option has Emanuel sanders or Derick Mason upside if he developes. Kirk skill set is more like OBJ, Steve Smith. He’s physicall after the catch can take the top off the defense & can run every route. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

I feel ya, but that’s why I said only wit a new OC. We need speed on offense bad, especially if we plan on building this offense to Mariota strengths. Kirk is the perfect slot WR. Taylor in my option has Emanuel sanders or Derick Mason upside if he developes. Kirk skill set is more like OBJ, Steve Smith. He’s physicall after the catch can take the top off the defense & can run every route. 

We have speed at receiver. The speed is just underdeveloped rookie WRs. Both Davis and Taylor have legit speed. We need speed out of the backfield though. We need a change of pace RB to pair with Henry which is why I like Sony Michel from Georgia. Good in the pass game and plays special teams. It’s actually a really good draft for RBs. Decker won’t be back but let’s not forget the legend Tajae Sharpe. He will be back next season!!! He’s truly the piece we are missing from last year.

Archived