2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

2 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Think they draft a QB this year?

Maybe... a developmental type guy (4th round area)... but I want the position upgrade via FA.  

If Day is indeed the OC... Kaep becomes a very interesting possibility. 

Coming off the 1st playoff win in 15 years... hiring a new, young, likeable HC... changing the look with new unis... the PR issue would be somewhat minimized.  He may not be able to make all the throws Mariota can (although he does probably have a better arm, just not the accuracy), but the playbook wouldn't have to be completely revamped if Kaep needed to come in.  

26 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Maybe... a developmental type guy (4th round area)... but I want the position upgrade via FA.  

Coming off the 1st playoff win in 15 years... hiring a new, young, likeable HC... changing the look with new unis... the PR issue would be somewhat minimized.  He may not be able to make all the throws Mariota can (although he does probably have a better arm, just not the accuracy), but the playbook wouldn't have to be completely revamped if Kaep needed to come in.  

he really would be an ideal backup for marcus, imo. in terms of skillset i think the next closest qb on the market would be alex smith, who is obviously not going to be looking to be a backup or play for backup money.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he really would be an ideal backup for marcus, imo. in terms of skillset i think the next closest qb on the market would be alex smith, who is obviously not going to be looking to be a backup or play for backup money.

Geno Smith be a nice backup is mobile 

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

With the way our offense could/should operate, he'd offer the least drop-off than pretty much any other option I can imagine. By most accounts I've seen in SF, he was well-liked in the locker room there. If it's purely about winning, he should be considered. 

Drafting one sounds good if we plan on keeping 3, however there seems to be kind of a gulf between 1st/2nd round guys and UFA's. Maybe stashing someone on the PS could be possible. 

If we're getting a Chip Kelly disciple, Chip Kelly himself benched Kaepernick for Blaine Gabbert in that offense, prior to any political issues.

I do believe Kaep is better than Gabbert, obviously, but the offense is more about quick decision-making than just being mobile, something I don't believe in Kaepernick to excel with.

I think the offensive speed element is overrated. We need to better utilize the speed we have. Better yet we need to set our WR up for YAC opoortunities. We need a back who can play in space, but I think we could possibly get that with a FA like McKinnon. That said with a deep draft. I think JRob with a keen eye can find someone who can impact us early.

For me defense needs a major upgrade. However where the impact comes will be interesting. There's a fair amount of interior dlinemen availabe via FA and Robinson has shown interest in DT's each offseason (Snacks in 16, Brandon Williams last year) Williams was average at best IMO and easily upgradable, but is his contract friendly enough to get out of after one year? I could make the very same statement about Cyprien.

As far as the draft. I want to sell out for pass rushers. I'm even willing to trade up to secure the right pass rusher

I've really been enjoying watching Harold Landry from Boston College. One of my favorite pass rushers. I think his bend around the edge is special. He needs to get stronger at the point of attack setting the edge in the run game, but I'd be pretty surprised if he actually made it to 25 based off of his pass rushing traits.

Archived