2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

CB - I still don't know what Adoree is yet. He has the talent to cover, I'm just not 100% sure he will find a place on the outside. See him turn more into a Chris Harris type of player, to be honest. 

A Chris Harris type of player? Chris Harris is one of the best CBs in the league. He plays both inside and outside so if Adoree turns into that, I'll certainly take that...

I was in favor of drafting a FS so we could use Byard at SS and let him roam, but I think our best bet is to try to get another player like Byard and forego designating our safeties. Could give us the potential to disguise more of our coverages and create more mismatches. Either player could be deep, man up on the tight end, or in the box blitzing off the edge.

Outside of safety, I look for EDGE, OG, DT, ILB, CB.

I would like to resign Daquan Jones. He plays really well and goes unnoticed. I'd like to draft another penetrating DT to spell Jones on passing downs and use Johnson to spell Casey on earlier downs. Use Williams only in base. I'm not interested in drafting a NT. Williams is playing lights out against the run right now and we're only in our base defense 20 snaps a game or less. A NT would be a waste.

ILB depends on how well Woodyard and Brown continue to play. I'm done with Williamson and with Brown getting more snaps, the staff may be too.

Another EDGE is going to be a mist with the age of our pass rushers. Can be for either position, left or right.

OG, I think only Kline is brought back. Need to fill LG with a mauler.

Can never have too many CBs.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

A Chris Harris type of player? Chris Harris is one of the best CBs in the league. He plays both inside and outside so if Adoree turns into that, I'll certainly take that...

I know. I think his speed, quickness and cover ability can me much more useful in the slot or against the smaller outside WRs. If we can have someone to protect the boundary and shut down #1s the way Talib has been doing in Denver, it'll suit Adoree better, just like it did/does Harris. I myself think Ryan is pretty fine for that, but could still use someone to push Sims for play time.

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

At this point I'd be surprised if Avery was resigned.

Depends on what kind of money he thinks he is worth imo. I'd think we'd want him back for the right price. He hasn't played as good as last year and Brown seems to be out playing him as a rookie which is surprising and he's just going to get better but Avery is only 25 and he was pretty good on 1st and 2nd down last year so if he can get back on track I wouldn't mind him back for depth.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

RIGHT LOL! Thats what I was thinking as well. Honestly Adoree has played better then I thought he would on the outside and he's just a rookie so he's going to get better and better. I don't think he is just a slot guy. I have a lot of faith in Jackson. I think we have a star in the making with him. Might take a couple of years but man... Loving this years draft class already.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

Whoa. Nice work man

9 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bradley Chubb is a beast for the second straight week.

He is my biggest draft crush by far. Fits what we want from a team perspective and you can see a bit of nasty in him. Tries to put extra oomph into hitting the QB.

If anything, the fact that McCain is getting the majority of the reps at boundary CB over LeShaun Sims tells us all we need to know about our biggest need next year... Its CB again. 

Thereare some good ones to be had in the first round that are able to play more physical than who we have right now. Jackson may end up being good, idk, but we need someone with a skillset to match up with bigger WRs. 

Hopkinswas able to get away with pushing off the entire game, he does it a lot as he's good at getting away with it. I watched him do it 4 plays in a row against the Bengals before getting called for OPI on the 4th one.

Ah CB... and what coulda been.  Jackson could still continue to grow and hopefully become a good CB at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.  But Tre'Davious White was there to be had with that 2nd 1st rounder...Couldn't believe we passed him up for Jackson. 

Has anyone seen a Bills game yet?  I haven't had a chance to see him, but the Bills are also starting him on the outside and are the top scoring D in the NFL thus far (having allowed only 1 passing TD as a team).  He was named Defensive Rookie of the Month for September and PFF also has him rated as a top 5 CB so far this year.  MEanwhile, Jackson is still consistently out of position and continues racking up those penalties... 

It's too early to call this one... but the fact that we as as fans have identified CB as our biggest need for what... the 3rd straight year at least... is a failure on our FO (offices, spanning more than 1 GM).  Still don't understand how we allocate 3 of our top 4 draft picks on offensive skill positions, and prioritize upgrading STs and the run defense at the expense pass defense.  

Having said all that... as much as I'd like a top notch prototypical speed rush guy early, we have to really look hard and deep at CB/FS .  I understand the whole best available philosophy, but unless it's an absolute steal, I don't want to see any early picks spent on offense.  

Archived