How is your team’s tailgating?

bigbadbuff23835

Texans have one of if not the best tailgating experiences in the league. It was voted as the top one.  Personally I only tailgate when I go to UH football games since I know a ton of people that goes to the games.  When I go to Texans games I just arrive and head to the stadium to get in my seat.

• Like 1

WELL, I live in Baltimore, "Charmless City", as we refer to ourselves, and I'm here to tell you we take a backseat to NOBODY when it comes to partying and tailgating! (Sometimes, not just the backseat, but your entire car will get taken, don't forget to lock up, Ha! Ha!). We pride ourselves on being the Homicide Capital of the U.S., so they's plenty of excitement before the games, after the games, during the games, and especially later on, after midnight, if you're able to stick around!

The Ravens play their homeless games, sorry, HOME games, at M&T Stadium, which stands for Mass Transit (O, dat Metrorail!) or Murder & Torture, or something, I forget what, but it's like adjacent to Oriole Park at Camden Yards for double the fun, convenient to the Inner Harbor (crabs, and the stench of rotting fish), and the Inner City (violence, panhandlers, Ladies of the Evening!). Ever been to one of those Wild West Re-enactments? With the blank guns and all? Well, I won't give out the details, but we've got a show here most nights that'll top anything you've ever experienced before! Tip: Remember to bring along plenty of quarters, for the Homeless Bums ("Small change, hep a man out?"), and your own handgun, if you want to join in the festivities.

Know how some cities brag about their celebrations after a Super Bowl win for the local team? Rioting, looting, pole-climbing, car vandalism? Well, here in Baltimore we're always ready to party, football season or not!!

Image result for rioting in Baltimore

So come on down!!!

• Like 4

Ive been to 3 and they are each different so it depends what you want.

Lions- Pretty basic. Parking lot, people drinking some beers making some food. Pretty middle of the road. Your standard tailgate experience. Good food though and got a few guys from the Lions crowd heckling me.

Denver- 'Nice' tailgate. Everything is clean and there is a bunch of stuff that seemed organized by the team like sponsored tents, vendors, games for prizes, ect. Got invited into random peoples tents for free food just for throwing a football around for 10 seconds. More of a family friendly type vibe with the drunk Uncles in the background

Cleveland- Rowdy Muni-lot with fans that have been drinking kegs of Busch Lite since they got there at 6am in their painted 1980s RV they bought for 2k off Craigslist. Half of the people you see wont make the game since they will be passed out by noon next to a port-o-john with a red solo cup in their hand and their Carhartts half removed. There is also a decent chance you could see women flashing guys in order to cut the bathroom lines. Wearing opposing teams gear is asking for trouble--once saw a fan rip the mirror off a Ravens fans car that was trying to pull into the lot.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Nashville is a great choice. I can’t speak to the tailgating in the parking lot but you can get down at the bars on Broadway with live music and walk to the stadium in 5 minutes. 

Thanks for the info man! I’m a big country music fan as well this sounds like it should be a great time. Heard nothing but fantastic things about the city. The only time I’ve been is over night when i went right to bed because i road tripped from Memphis to catch a flight early the next morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I've been to 3 NFL ones in Oakland, Minny and Buffalo. The best by far was Buffalo. Everyone was partying. Everyone was BBQing. Tons of games, campers, activities, etc. 

I was super disappointed in the Raiders and Vikings after seeing Buffalo first.

The sickening part is the Bills have sucked for 20 years. I’m 25, all I’ve known is losers. I think I’ve seen 3 winning seasons. It’s pathetic. The Bills Mafia continues to show up though. The best party we have is opening day then it’s down hill from there. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Thanks for the info man! I’m a big country music fan as well this sounds like it should be a great time. Heard nothing but fantastic things about the city. The only time I’ve been is over night when i went right to bed because i road tripped from Memphis to catch a flight early the next morning.

Oh, then it has to be Nashville for a Titans game. You will get so much more enjoyment out of the weekend down in that area if you haven't been before. Can confirm bars were open with live music by 9am on gameday. It's in my top 5 of cities visited. 

The only other stadium I've been to thats on yalls schedule this season is Miami. Havent been since they put the cover on but tailgating there is pretty decent, just humid and hot as hell. 

13 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Oh, then it has to be Nashville for a Titans game. You will get so much more enjoyment out of the weekend down in that area if you haven't been before. Can confirm bars were open with live music by 9am on gameday. It's in my top 5 of cities visited. 

The only other stadium I've been to thats on yalls schedule this season is Miami. Havent been since they put the cover on but tailgating there is pretty decent, just humid and hot as hell. 

I was weirdly confused that every bar is a country themed bar, but the vast majority play top 40s pop music and/or classic rock. I spent the entire time on the drive down there listening to country music in preperation for the entire city/Broadway to be country country country and it turns out they are just like any other cities establishments but have 'country' decor.

Kinda disappointing tbh

On 4/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Texans have one of if not the best tailgating experiences in the league. It was voted as the top one.  Personally I only tailgate when I go to UH football games since I know a ton of people that goes to the games.  When I go to Texans games I just arrive and head to the stadium to get in my seat.

I've gone to a few Texans tailgates, I have buddies who basically live for tailgating - it's a fun time, everyone is grilling and BBQing up some good food, drinks are all over the place, everyone is pretty friendly and willing to give you a beer or a few carne asada tacos.

Only time you should avoid is Texans/Cowboys. You always have a few knuckleheads on either side who get too rowdy and a fight or two will break out. I think it was 2010 when it got REALLY bad, brawls breaking out all over the place - that's when they implemented the rule that you needed a ticket to the game to tailgate, which knocked out a lot of the knuckleheads in the parking lot. 

Outside of that once-every-four-years situation, you can't go wrong with Texans tailgating.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've gone to a few Texans tailgates, I have buddies who basically live for tailgating - it's a fun time, everyone is grilling and BBQing up some good food, drinks are all over the place, everyone is pretty friendly and willing to give you a beer or a few carne asada tacos.

Only time you should avoid is Texans/Cowboys. You always have a few knuckleheads on either side who get too rowdy and a fight or two will break out. I think it was 2010 when it got REALLY bad, brawls breaking out all over the place - that's when they implemented the rule that you needed a ticket to the game to tailgate, which knocked out a lot of the knuckleheads in the parking lot. 

Outside of that once-every-four-years situation, you can't go wrong with Texans tailgating.

yeah 2010 was a terrible experience at nrg.   had season tickets that year and the parking lots were insane with crazy people. im glad they implemented the rule where you have to have a tailgate pass to even be in the parking lots if you aren't going to the game.