Just like Davenport

LoganF89

So I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and just wondering. I know we need to get a future QB and have many holes to fill but if we were offered a trade like the saints made to get Davenport what would you do?

i believe they traded up from 27 to 14, giving up their 5th round selection and a future 1st.

now being redskins fans we aren’t that lucky, but just hypothetically speaking. Would you take that? Next years QB crop is going to be a great one with Tua, Fromm, Eason, and the boy from Oregon, all who would be top picks in this class. It would allow us if we aren’t in a position to draft one that we could trade up next year and potentially nab one. 

The way I see it is that if we do in fact draft a QB round one I don’t think it will be an immediate impact.

We could fill multiple positions of need and talent with the late first 2nd and two 3rds we have and surround our future QB with some weapons.

my question is though which team could you see willing to make a trade like that? And for what player? I honestly think the saints gave up a little much but it’s possible a team could do it. 

Maybe if a run on edge rushers goes and a team wants burns or Ferrell? Maybe the pats trade up for Hockenson if he’s there? Idk but I for one wouldn’t be opposed to taking a deal like that.

thoughts?

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, it depends on how far we’re dropping down and who we’re trading with. 

I think if their targeting a pass catcher the value really starts at the end of round 1!! There’s a lot of talent on the OL we don’t need to reach at OG round one

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I think if their targeting a pass catcher the value really starts at the end of round 1!! There’s a lot of talent on the OL we don’t need to reach at OG round one

That’s true but whomever we draft wide receiver is cursed to them have an awful career anyway. It’s just what we do lol

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

That’s true but whomever we draft wide receiver is cursed to them have an awful career anyway. It’s just what we do lol

While this is true we did have the Monk Clark and and those guys so I mean it’s just about the player fitting in or using them in the best way to maximize them!!! That’s why I love Campbell for this team. My favoite WR in the class is very close with Harmon’s and Harry’s. But I like them because they can work where we need a WR to work. I like AJ brown too but I prefer Campbell on our team

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

How about we trade for Davenport?  

To answer your question yes I would trade down if offered a future 1st.  

Davenport and his 4.5 sacks when he looked lost in most games and was basically just a situational pass rusher?

No thanks 

I'm with Lavar, it matters how far we are trading down. I'd like to say in the top 25 if we were to trade down, there are players I like in the top 25 and I’d like to have my pick of those players at the end of the first who are available.

That being said, I don't see a trade down partner, but there usually always ends up being a few that trade up bc they fall in love with a prospect, which shocks me.

What team do you think would want to trade up to 15 and what player do you think they would target?

Also, I’d have to imagine that at 15 we’d probably like those players as well.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm with Lavar, it matters how far we are trading down. I'd like to say in the top 25 if we were to trade down, there are players I like in the top 25 and I’d like to have my pick of those players at the end of the first who are available.

That being said, I don't see a trade down partner, but there usually always see a few. 

What team do you think would want to trade up to 15 and what player do you think they would target?

Also, I’d have to imagine that at 15 we’d probably like those players as well.

Of course there will be players we like there but at the same time if you can get a late first and a first of next year I think you do it. Especially if we don’t take a QB of the future this year when next year is loaded.

I could see teams 28-32 possibly liking a player who could fall to 15

32 New England Hockenson

31 Rams liking edge or TE

30 Green Bay liking Locke

29 KC liking Burns or a top corner

28 SD liking a QB of the future

you just never know, I think New Orleans gave up too much to get Davenport but I take a trade like that if it’s offered. Especially with talent at the end of the first

IMO if skins decide not to take a QB ILb or edge at 15 I think the smart thing is to move down bc of depth at WR, OL, CB, S

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

This post make me wonder, how many times has a team traded 2 1’s for a pick not in the top 10? 

Obviously New Orleans last year

cant remember what KC gave up to pick Mahomes

27th overall, their third round pick and a 2018 1st to move up to number 10

• Like 1