Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? (2015 Edition)

y2lamanaki

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Also, next year is going to make me look kind of bad given that I gave up Buckner for Tunsil :(

Same, but Tunsil had a bounce back year last year which definitely helps. Of course, the rest of the draft will only help. You basically just need to beat Blair and Garnett. 

9 hours ago, John232 said:

Ah ok. Is the Shadow Draft in the NFL Draft forum? or is someone doing one here? Regardless, I'd want to take part in both. 

I will post a thread for the start of the draft for those who would like to try live picking. I will also post a separate thread after for those that can't make the live choices for any reason. I'll count one or the other in 3 years. 

7 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I don’t think I did it right, think I just created a mock draft before the draft but this is really cool. Thanks for putting in all that work @y2lamanaki. I would have been super stoked with the way my mock draft turned out if like you had said, we arranged some of the picks to make them work and instead of Kevin Johnson I went with Waynes, who I felt more comfortable with but wasn’t sure his ceiling was as high as Johnson’s or Peters. 

I’ll make sure to follow the rules this year.

No worries- no rules existed back then. I think I started this in 2015 on a whim, so it had no structure. I just went back through old mocks to see how we did as a forum. @Forge created his thread separately, but I realized that was a better, more fair evaluation vs. Baalke rather than allowing people to choose who wasn't available. Starting in 2016 I created a dedicated thread, so I won't be evaluating mocks anymore. Just the picks in that thread.

But please do play this year. It's a fun way to look back at the forum's thoughts on a variety of prospects and also a way to take a 3-year look back on the prospects, too.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Its so great to see how much of a crap shoot the draft really is. And great job ofcourse by @y2lamanaki for putting everything together. I just came here last year and participated in the live portion which was great fun and will be interesting to see how my picks will hold up over the years.

Only 2 more years to go! Thanks for the nice words. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Also, next year is going to make me look kind of bad given that I gave up Buckner for Tunsil :(

I just remember picking Buckner/Thomas in the first two rounds lol. Two All Pro caliber players? Not bad, but there may be a good reason I only remember picking those two LOL. 

Can't wait until the draft where I picked Vernon Adams pops up, fair to say it won't be looking good for me 😔.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just remember picking Buckner/Thomas in the first two rounds lol. Two All Pro caliber players? Not bad, but there may be a good reason I only remember picking those two LOL. 

Can't wait until the draft where I picked Vernon Adams pops up, fair to say it won't be looking good for me 😔.

Adams is next year. You only burnt the last pick in the draft on him, so no biggie, though those of us who were here remember how big you were on him 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Adams is next year. You only burnt the last pick in the draft on him, so no biggie, though those of us who were here remember how big you were on him 

Okay good, though I know in the mock draft I picked him with one of our top three picks. 

Anyways, Isabella rated 15th best??? Whoa!!! Disagree there big time.