Trade Targets?

Fatgerman

So here's the deal, boys: Frank Clark is peeved with Seattle, Tweeting that he was lied to, believed to be in regards to a possible contract extension, right after Russell Wilson got his extension. Now Schefter is reporting there's a solid chance he is traded during the draft, Seattle looking for a 1st round pick.

Elsewhere, Tom Coughlan is peeved at Jalen Ramsey for opting to skip voluntary minicamp, saying that they aren't really voluntary. There was previously talk of Ramsey being on the trade block. Those rumors are now resurfacing.

Now here comes the part relevant to us: 

1.) Would you trade Olivier Vernon, our 3rd round pick this year, and our 1st next year for Clark? BTW, I would in a second.

2.) Would you trade our 2nd rounder this year and next year's 2nd rounder for Ramsey? BTW, I would in two seconds.

3.) Would you make both trades together, thus forking over our 2nd & 3rd rounders this draft plus our 1st and 2nd rounders next draft for Clark and Ramsey? BTW, I would... probably.

4.) Which deal would you prefer over the other?

5.) Which player would you prefer, if either?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would trade for Ramsey, not Clark, you’re MUCH higher on him than I am.

I’m not even sure he’s a significant upgrade over Vernon tbh.

Clark is a 25 year old pass rush technician. He has a complete pass rush tool belt with speed and power and counters. Dude was the sole pass rusher with a pulse on his team last year and still had double digit sacks. Vernon is a better run defender for sure, but he's 29, often injured, and hasn't had double digit sacks in years. 

My vision is Garrett and Clark terrorizing OTs for the next 4-5 years, 10-15 sacks a year from both ends annually. It's beautiful. 

Vernon is a nice stopgap, but a stopgap nonetheless. 

• Like 2

I dont keep up much with the Jags but Ramsey from what I remember has an incredible amount of swagger. To me his talent plus confidence outweighs whatever issues Coughlin has with him.

Vernon I think will shine again having an elite pass rusher like Garrett in front of him. Also his run stopping will be huge given Lamar is in our division the next 2-3 years minimum.

Hard pass on both. Just too much to give up. We have our core guys, I think any star player we add in the recent future will have to come from the draft. So, we'll need the draft.

Ramsey is a quitter. Also annoying. He would just be a rental anyway, no way would I give him a huge contract.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Clark is a 25 year old pass rush technician. He has a complete pass rush tool belt with speed and power and counters. Dude was the sole pass rusher with a pulse on his team last year and still had double digit sacks. Vernon is a better run defender for sure, but he's 29, often injured, and hasn't had double digit sacks in years. 

My vision is Garrett and Clark terrorizing OTs for the next 4-5 years, 10-15 sacks a year from both ends annually. It's beautiful. 

Vernon is a nice stopgap, but a stopgap nonetheless. 

Yeah I’d agree with that.  

Not sure I’d trade a quality starter, a 3 and a 1 to upgrade said quality starter though.

We can agree to disagree, I still love your fat ***.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’d agree with that.  

Not sure I’d trade a quality starter, a 3 and a 1 to upgrade said quality starter though.

We can agree to disagree, I still love your fat ***.

I love you too, baby. Let's not fight...for the kids. I caught @NudeTayne trying on ladies clothes, and @Kiwibrown is starting to get into trouble at school. Plus, I'm pretty sure @freakygeniuskid is peeing the bed again.

Our little boys are growing up so fast.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I love you too, baby. Let's not fight...for the kids. I caught @NudeTayne trying on ladies clothes, and @Kiwibrown is starting to get into trouble at school. Plus, I'm pretty sure @freakygeniuskid is peeing the bed again.

Our little boys are growing up so fast.

She prefers NudeJayne now, respect that.

Kiwi graduated 15 years ago of course he is getting in trouble hanging around school, he thinks he's Matthew McConaughey.

And that's not pee.

• Like 3