Trade Targets?

Fatgerman

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's crazy. He's a top 5 CB and would fill one of our last positions of need. 

Well it's @Thomas5737 so it might be at least a little crazy but it also makes a lot of sense.

As far as I am concerned, NE is the standard for winning SBs.

BB has proved pretty conclusively that you don't need a top 5 player at any position except QB to win one.

In addition, Ramsey comes across badly. More an Antonio Brown than an OBJ high-end talent.

We do not need that kind of persona on the team.

Although I would love to see it and don't rule it out, I do not think that we are going to and thus not winning the SB this year.

And having Ramsey will not change that.

Have no idea what the cap consequences would be but I have to imagine not good.

Just now, bruceb said:

Well it's @Thomas5737 so it might be at least a little crazy but it also makes a lot of sense.

As far as I am concerned, NE is the standard for winning SBs.

BB has proved pretty conclusively that you don't need a top 5 player at any position except QB to win one.

In addition, Ramsey comes across badly. More an Antonio Brown than an OBJ high-end talent.

We do not need that kind of persona on the team.

Although I would love to see it and don't rule it out, I do not think that we are going to and thus not winning the SB this year.

And having Ramsey will not change that.

Have no idea what the cap consequences would be but I have to imagine not good.

Hr wants to be the highest paid player at his position. I could see us holding him for more than 3 years. 

Our ultimate trade target should be 2020 picks between the 1st and 4the round imo. 

If we could get a 4th for our 2nd 5th and a 1st for our 2nd I'd pull the trigger on both. We won'tbe able to afford anymore high end players, I'd like us to have 6-10 years of Baker, chubb, myles, larry, Denzel, schobert, randall, avery, bitonio thay will take 75% at least of our cap. I'd like us to get cheaper and not mror expensive around those players.

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's crazy. He's a top 5 CB and would fill one of our last positions of need. 

Look at the Henry runs in the clip I shared. He gave anywhere from 0 to 25% effort on the majority of those runs. I know he isn't on the team to stop the run but when you just watch a 99 yard run and defensive lineman are closer to him at the goal line than you are even though you went unblocked I have no respect for you as a football player and would be extremely frustrated with you on my roster especially if you are getting paid and he would have to get paid.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We couldn't afford to keep this team together. We would get Ramsey for 2 years maybe 3 of play. 

That's a terrible reason not to add an elite talent to the roster. If we draft a rookie that were even close to as good as Ramsey, we would only have the core together for 4 years anyways. I get wanting to avoid handing out bad contracts to aging veteran players that won't be in their prime at the end of their deals, but this isn't that scenario. If you have a chance to add a top 5 CB that has yet to hit their prime, you do it.

That being said, it's going to cost way more than (2) 2nd round picks to acquire him, so it's a moot point.

I don't want to trade for Frank Clark. He's a slight upgrade over what we already have.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Our ultimate trade target should be 2020 picks between the 1st and 4the round imo. 

If we could get a 4th for our 2nd 5th and a 1st for our 2nd I'd pull the trigger on both. We won'tbe able to afford anymore high end players, I'd like us to have 6-10 years of Baker, chubb, myles, larry, Denzel, schobert, randall, avery, bitonio thay will take 75% at least of our cap. I'd like us to get cheaper and not mror expensive around those players.

Yeah, I don't know about the percentage but our core of star players is pretty full. Maybe Landry doesn't complete his contract but Garrett, Baker, Ward and Ogunjobi are certainly players we need to retain and pay.

That's a terrible reason not to add an elite talent to the roster. If we draft a rookie that were even close to as good as Ramsey, we would only have the core together for 4 years anyways. I get wanting to avoid handing out bad contracts to aging veteran players that won't be in their prime at the end of their deals, but this isn't that scenario. If you have a chance to add a top 5 CB that has yet to hit their prime, you do it.

Doing the off season so you arent broke in 2 years is smart not stupid. What is more valuable a 2nd rounder this year or potentially a 1st next year or a 2nd and a 3rd. 

This years drafy should focus on next yesrs potential gaps. 

Fs

T

That being said, it's going to cost way more than (2) 2nd round picks to acquire him, so it's a moot point.

I don't want to trade for Frank Clark. He's a slight upgrade over what we already have.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ramsey is a free agent after 2020. The Jags picked up his 5th year option but man he is a headache and enjoys covering his man and not much else. He also isn't elite athletically so he may be a safety by the end of his 2nd deal. Paying over $20 million for that is probably not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I don't know about the percentage but our core of star players is pretty full. Maybe Landry doesn't complete his contract but Garrett, Baker, Ward and Ogunjobi are certainly players we need to retain and pay.

I'd bee surprised if we can afford to keep then all without injury. 

If we could pick up a fs and a ss in this draft, have them play 5-10%of the snaps and see how they are that would be a great move. 

Randall can walk and we arnt time to burnett. 

Take a centre in the 4th round if he seems legit tretter can walk. Both players are looking at 8-10 million per year if they have good seasons. 

Then position oursleves to resign Larry a year early, and build up cap for Baker, garrett njoku etc. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to let schobert walk, I dont think Dorsey highly values  lbs.

31 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As much as I love Ogunjobi, I don't think he's impactful enough YET to sign to a big extension. If he takes another step, taking his play to the next level, he very well may be, but right now he's a very good one-tech, an easily replaceable position. If he maintains his current level of play he should be replaced by a draft pick.

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we could pick up a fs and a ss in this draft, have them play 5-10%of the snaps and see how they are that would be a great move. 

Randall can walk and we arnt time to burnett. 

Take a centre in the 4th round if he seems legit tretter can walk. Both players are looking at 8-10 million per year if they have good seasons. 

Then position oursleves to resign Larry a year early, and build up cap for Baker, garrett njoku etc. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to let schobert walk, I dont think Dorsey highly values  lbs.

I get what you're saying here, but at his current level of play, I'd probably draft Njoku's replacement this year or next. He's very young, I know, but he hasn't shown enough to be an extension candidate. Like Ogunjobi, he still could elevate his game to that level.

Archived