Trade Targets?

Fatgerman

5 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

As much as I love Ogunjobi, I don't think he's impactful enough YET to sign to a big extension. If he takes another step, taking his play to the next level, he very well may be, but right now he's a very good one-tech, an easily replaceable position. If he maintains his current level of play he should be replaced by a draft pick.

You do know of course that he basically played with one arm through a good part of the season last year, yes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

You do know of course that he basically played with one arm through a good part of the season last year, yes?

I do, buddy, but even before the injury he was selling out to get to the passer, leaving something to be desired against the run. Now maybe he had his reasons, like a lack of a complimentary pass rusher for Myles, or maybe he was coached to do so by Gregg, or because he knows sacks get linemen paid, but I would like to see a more complete game from him. Nose tackles, even in a 4-3, are so vital to the total run defense that they can't neglect that aspect of their jobs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I get what you're saying here, but at his current level of play, I'd probably draft Njoku's replacement this year or next. He's very young, I know, but he hasn't shown enough to be an extension candidate. Like Ogunjobi, he still could elevate his game to that level.

I'd be happy if ogunjobi was signed to a moderate 4 year deal 4 years 44 million or something like that. Like the way we signed  bitonio, they are good players, let's keep him here. 

Same with njoku if he is theb10th beet te in the league let's pay him like it. I'm not talking about paying him top 1 money or anything.

For each Baker mayfield, myles, or ward,  your team you need another 2 guys that arnt going to lose the game single handedly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd be happy if ogunjobi was signed to a moderate 4 year deal 4 years 44 million or something like that. Like the way we signed  bitonio, they are good players, let's keep him here. 

Same with njoku if he is theb10th beet te in the league let's pay him like it. I'm not talking about paying him top 1 money or anything.

For each Baker mayfield, myles, or ward,  your team you need another 2 guys that arnt going to lose the game single handedly.

I absolutely agree with this. My only concern is whether they are willing to accept being compensated accordingly. Unfortunately, most players see themselves in a better light than what might actually be the reality. I see people post how so-&-so player wants to be the highest paid at whatever position they play, but the truth is they all want to be the highest paid at their respective positions. Maybe Njoku is the 10th best TE, and we offer him 10th best money, but ole David, he thinks he's the 3rd best TE. Heck, it's the team's fault if his numbers don't reflect that, he's not getting enough targets because of OBJ, Jarvis, and Chubb.

I personally just think it's easier, and cheaper, to draft another 10th rated TE. Now, if he elevates to a top 1-5 TE level, that's much harder to replace. Pay the man.

BTW, maybe 10th rated is a touch too high for this particular example. Let's say 13th or lower.

Edited by Fatgerman

16 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I do, buddy, but even before the injury he was selling out to get to the passer, leaving something to be desired against the run. Now maybe he had his reasons, like a lack of a complimentary pass rusher for Myles, or maybe he was coached to do so by Gregg, or because he knows sacks get linemen paid, but I would like to see a more complete game from him. Nose tackles, even in a 4-3, are so vital to the total run defense that they can't neglect that aspect of their jobs. 

Let's see how he does with a better running mate?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I absolutely agree with this. My only concern is whether they are willing to accept being compensated accordingly. Unfortunately, most players see themselves in a better light than what might actually be the reality. I see people post how so-&-so player wants to be the highest paid at whatever position they play, but the truth is they all want to be the highest paid at their respective positions. Maybe Njoku is the 10th best TE, and we offer him 10th best money, but ole David, he thinks he's the 3rd best TE. Heck, it's the team's fault if his numbers don't reflect that, he's not getting enough targets because of OBJ, Jarvis, and Chubb.

I personally just think it's easier, and cheaper, to draft another 10th rated TE. Now, if he elevates to a top 1-5 TE level, that's much harder to replace. Pay the man.

BTW, maybe 10th rated is a touch too high for this particular example. Let's say 13th or lower.

I think there is always an over pay. 10th best player getting top 5 money at te isnt a huge over pay. Maybe 1-2 million per year. Defensive tackle is similar. 

Landry is by far the most over payed player on our roster. If he is still a top 5 wr in pay and getting less than 1k yards he will have to reduce his pay of he wants to stay here. 

The problem isnt good player getting great player money, its when you pay someone elite money for not elite production  where you get in trouble. 

Mosley could be the worst contract int the nfl for what you get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think there is always an over pay. 10th best player getting top 5 money at te isnt a huge over pay. Maybe 1-2 million per year. Defensive tackle is similar. 

Landry is by far the most over payed player on our roster. If he is still a top 5 wr in pay and getting less than 1k yards he will have to reduce his pay of he wants to stay here. 

The problem isnt good player getting great player money, its when you pay someone elite money for not elite production  where you get in trouble. 

Mosley could be the worst contract int the nfl for what you get.

Great points. Mosely is definitely in the running. I do know Brock Osweiler was at one point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Absolutely! Myles really needed Vernon, and Larry really needed Richardson. I think all 4 compliment each other very well. 

I think a good pressure rate is something like 15% if we get that from them QBs under going to be under duress most snaps.

Also the Bengals oline sucks inside and out and Steelers isnt amazing either, we could feast on ginger and mr force his love.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ha. Brock. One of the highest paid QBs in browns history. 

I don't care what anyone says, gaining a 2nd for taking on a bad contract when you have cap space coming out your ears is a good move. Blowing the pick is another matter.

This is more meant for Bill Polian, BTW.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I don't care what anyone says, gaining a 2nd for taking on a bad contract when you have cap space coming out your ears is a good move. Blowing the pick is another matter.

If polian wasnt gifted peyton manning no one ever cares what he think. Manning must of made him millions of dollars in extra years as a gm. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Also I love the way polian will take his confusion over the trade to the grave. 

'What were they thinking?'

• Like 1