What I think happens Mock

Dr.O

I stopped after the trade with Tampa. You are giving Tampa a starting young LB in Lee plus the 3rd over all pick for pick 5 and 3,4 in 2019 and 4 in 2020. That is an easy pass for me. If I was Tampa I would be all over that trade. This draft is not that deep and getting 3 and 4 is not going to cut it in my book then you add a good young LB in Lee to it. I think yu guys are under estimating the price for pick three. I would rather drop to 15 with the skins and take their first next year with 2nd round picks and keep Lee. The you can flip Lee for a 4 next year pick.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I stopped after the trade with Tampa. You are giving Tampa a starting young LB in Lee plus the 3rd over all pick for pick 5 and 3,4 in 2019 and 4 in 2020. That is an easy pass for me. If I was Tampa I would be all over that trade. This draft is not that deep and getting 3 and 4 is not going to cut it in my book then you add a good young LB in Lee to it. I think yu guys are under estimating the price for pick three. I would rather drop to 15 with the skins and take their first next year with 2nd round picks and keep Lee. The you can flip Lee for a 4 next year pick.

I think that we don't get enough from that trade... but it isn't because Lee is a good young LBer..... he is decidedly meh, and coming off of a suspension for drugs, which means he has been caught multiple times.

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Unless a trade blows our socks off then why complicate things and not draft our stud edge rusher. No point trading down for a few middle round picks and miss out on an edge rusher. 

I could not agree more, how many years have we been waiting for a true pass rusher. No way can we blow our chance of finally getting one. Your one sentence makes more sense than all the mock drafts I read.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I could not agree more, how many years have we been waiting for a true pass rusher. No way can we blow our chance of finally getting one. Your one sentence makes more sense than all the mock drafts I read.

That’s what I somewhat find confusing. Iv been a part of this board since about 2010/11 and year after year we’ve said far too any times to remember about having a dominant edge rusher who can get home when the games on the line. 

Weve never had it. Point blank! Not even close to having one. We’ve finally got our franchise qb so can forgo picking one so high up in the draft.

It finally looks like the stars will align and our high draft pick coincides with the two best edge rushers being the two best players in the draft. Yet people want to trade down for a few middle round picks. It’s surely a joke?! 

Either it’s multiple first round picks or some incredible combo of picks or it’s thanks but no thanks. We will take either Bosa or Allen and finally have a stud pass rusher. 

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

That’s what I somewhat find confusing. Iv been a part of this board since about 2010/11 and year after year we’ve said far too any times to remember about having a dominant edge rusher who can get home when the games on the line. 

Weve never had it. Point blank! Not even close to having one. We’ve finally got our franchise qb so can forgo picking one so high up in the draft.

It finally looks like the stars will align and our high draft pick coincides with the two best edge rushers being the two best players in the draft. Yet people want to trade down for a few middle round picks. It’s surely a joke?! 

Either it’s multiple first round picks or some incredible combo of picks or it’s thanks but no thanks. We will take either Bosa or Allen and finally have a stud pass rusher. 

It’s quite frankly baffling to me to hear educated jets fans in here pull for Oliver or Q over Bosa and Allen. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s quite frankly baffling to me to hear educated jets fans in here pull for Oliver or Q over Bosa and Allen. 

I am a big believer in positional value, and i value Edge over basically anything else on D... but if someone has a player well ahead of an edge player as a prospect, at some point they surpass the positional value.  It isn't baffling to me that someone might have Q rated enough more than the edges to have him above.  

I think the general consensus for the argument to draft Oliver/Q over Allen is simply because they believe they are a superior prospect and will add much mor value over their time as a Jet.

From a fan prospective we can have our own opinion of course but if the FO believe it then I have to trust their judgement as it’s their job who’s dedicated much more time than all of us put together. If they are wrong they will be out of a job in a few years though so it s what it is!! 

Archived