Reading the tea leaves mock

rampantjet

Cuts:

You know who we cut.

FA:  

You guys know who we signed.

Draft:

1. Cards: Kylar Murray QB-  Just to much smoke for it to not be happening imo.  Plus it would be silly to make Rosen that mad for just a smokescreen.

2.  SF: Nick Bosa EDGE-  I just think they have a hard time passing on him.  

*Trade* Jets trade back with the Giants, Jets receive #6 and #17, Giants receive #3

3. Giants:  Dwayne Haskins QB-  Seems like they have been going out of their way to let people know that they aren't interested.  I think they are interested, and they are willing to move up to get him.

4. Oakland:  Josh Allen EDGE-  I think they really like Q, but they have 2 guys that they drafted last year that played really well on the interior line.  They need pass rush more than any team in the league and Allen is the top guy on the board.  

5.  TB:  Quinnen Williams-  TB runs this card to the table.  

6.  Jets:  Ed Oliver DT-  Rumor has it that this is Gregg Williams guy.  I think i get why he likes him.  While I think he has some work to do to win man up assignments on the next level, but I think Williams has visions of running stunts with Oliver, which with his speed and agility could be extremely effective.  

17.  Jets:  Noah Fant TE-  The fact that we had him in for a visit lends more credence to the fact that the Jets think they might be able to make a deal with a team in the middle of the first.  Hence the Giants trade.  An argument can be made that Fant is the most explosive offensive weapon in this draft.  He becomes a match up piece for Gase to play with.  Envision this.... Bell, Ty, Herndon, Fant, and Robby on the field at the same time..... what defense do you play against that?  You go nickle against it we can run, you go base package good luck matching up against those guys.  Honestly calling him a TE might blur the issue for some people here.  Dude ran a 4.5 flat with a  40 inch vert and crazy good agilities.  He is basically gonna be a WR who blocks better on the outside.  Line him up out wide if you want.... who are they gonna put on him out there?  A CB?  He is 6'4 250lbs just throw it up to him.  

*Trade*  Jets trade #68 and Darron Lee to TB for #39.  Todd Bowles was Lee's biggest advocate.  They lost Kwon Alexander, and they realize that Q is a better value at 5 than Devin White.  They get Lee to play beside Lavonte David.  

39.  Jets:  Erik McCoy C-  After watching more tape of Bradbury and McCoy i have moved McCoy to the #1 spot.  I think Bradbury still goes before him so McCoy lasts till 39.  He is stronger at the point of attack, and still has some good mobility.  We get our C for the next decade.  

*Trade*  Jets trade 93 and next years 3rd to Seattle for Frank Clark.  We sign Clark to a deal in the 20 mill range, we get our edge rusher to pair with Leo and Oliver.  

105.  Jets:  Jachai Polite EDGE-  Polite goes into a free fall.  The combo of his combine and his interviews drops him like a stone.  His drop ends here, his tape is so good for him to get past us in the 4th.  He becomes a situational rusher for us subbing in for Jenkins on passing downs. 

196.  Jets:  Alex Bars OT-  Late round flier on a tackle.  Notre Dame has had good luck with O linemen translating recently 

217.  Jets:  Bunchy Stallings OG-  Another late round flier on O line.  This isn't the best way to solve the provlem, but we need to at least take shots at hopefully getting lucky on a late round O linemen.  Plus his name is Bunchy... that is fun.  

13 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Cuts:

You know who we cut.

FA:  

You guys know who we signed.

Draft:

1. Cards: Kylar Murray QB-  Just to much smoke for it to not be happening imo.  Plus it would be silly to make Rosen that mad for just a smokescreen.

2.  SF: Nick Bosa EDGE-  I just think they have a hard time passing on him.  

*Trade* Jets trade back with the Giants, Jets receive #6 and #17, Giants receive #3

3. Giants:  Dwayne Haskins QB-  Seems like they have been going out of their way to let people know that they aren't interested.  I think they are interested, and they are willing to move up to get him.

4. Oakland:  Josh Allen EDGE-  I think they really like Q, but they have 2 guys that they drafted last year that played really well on the interior line.  They need pass rush more than any team in the league and Allen is the top guy on the board.  

5.  TB:  Quinnen Williams-  TB runs this card to the table.  

6.  Jets:  Ed Oliver DT-  Rumor has it that this is Gregg Williams guy.  I think i get why he likes him.  While I think he has some work to do to win man up assignments on the next level, but I think Williams has visions of running stunts with Oliver, which with his speed and agility could be extremely effective.  

17.  Jets:  Noah Fant TE-  The fact that we had him in for a visit lends more credence to the fact that the Jets think they might be able to make a deal with a team in the middle of the first.  Hence the Giants trade.  An argument can be made that Fant is the most explosive offensive weapon in this draft.  He becomes a match up piece for Gase to play with.  Envision this.... Bell, Ty, Herndon, Fant, and Robby on the field at the same time..... what defense do you play against that?  You go nickle against it we can run, you go base package good luck matching up against those guys.  Honestly calling him a TE might blur the issue for some people here.  Dude ran a 4.5 flat with a  40 inch vert and crazy good agilities.  He is basically gonna be a WR who blocks better on the outside.  Line him up out wide if you want.... who are they gonna put on him out there?  A CB?  He is 6'4 250lbs just throw it up to him.  

*Trade*  Jets trade #68 and Darron Lee to TB for #39.  Todd Bowles was Lee's biggest advocate.  They lost Kwon Alexander, and they realize that Q is a better value at 5 than Devin White.  They get Lee to play beside Lavonte David.  

39.  Jets:  Erik McCoy C-  After watching more tape of Bradbury and McCoy i have moved McCoy to the #1 spot.  I think Bradbury still goes before him so McCoy lasts till 39.  He is stronger at the point of attack, and still has some good mobility.  We get our C for the next decade.  

*Trade*  Jets trade 93 and next years 3rd to Seattle for Frank Clark.  We sign Clark to a deal in the 20 mill range, we get our edge rusher to pair with Leo and Oliver.  

105.  Jets:  Jachai Polite EDGE-  Polite goes into a free fall.  The combo of his combine and his interviews drops him like a stone.  His drop ends here, his tape is so good for him to get past us in the 4th.  He becomes a situational rusher for us subbing in for Jenkins on passing downs. 

196.  Jets:  Alex Bars OT-  Late round flier on a tackle.  Notre Dame has had good luck with O linemen translating recently 

217.  Jets:  Bunchy Stallings OG-  Another late round flier on O line.  This isn't the best way to solve the provlem, but we need to at least take shots at hopefully getting lucky on a late round O linemen.  Plus his name is Bunchy... that is fun.  

Do you really think the Giants are going to give up their the 17 pick in the first round to move up three spots in the draft. when they can sit tight at six and still get who they want. That would mean they gave away QBJ to move up a few positions in the draft. I can't wait for all these crazy mock drafts to be over.

51 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Even if you don't count the 2nd round pick from this year that we gave the Colts we still gave them more than the Giants are giving us in this trade.  

Beyond that, the Clark trade is light and you’re valuing Lee as a high 3rd.