Our most glaring weakness

sonny44

You don't do anything about not having a backup QB.

If Baker goes down we aren't winning the championship or making the playoffs anyways. Sure it'd be nice to have a great backup, but how many teams have a guy that they trust as the #2? Not many. It's hard enough to find 1 good QB, letalone 2.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You don't do anything about not having a backup QB.

If Baker goes down we aren't winning the championship or making the playoffs anyways. Sure it'd be nice to have a great backup, but how many teams have a guy that they trust as the #2? Not many. It's hard enough to find 1 good QB, letalone 2.

Yep, but I don't care about the other teams.😀

• Like 1

Backup QB is not a glaring need.  Sure we could use an upgrade, but it is far from our most glaring need.

OT, ILB, Secondary are all more glaring.  We have a competent veteran who has started in the league, and we have the kid from whatever that bs league was called.

27 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

The strong side is our weakness. We need a new SAM and a new SS. We could potentially be horrible against the run again.

Really sucks that this draft class after White/Bush is extremely shallow at LB prospects. 

As far as weaknesses I would be happy with some more depth at OT, CB, LB. Each one of those position groups I feel are extremely fragile if any injury were to happen to Robinson/Hubbard/Schobert/Kirksey/Ward/Mitchell. The last 4 ALL missed time last season with an injury already.

2nd-CB

3rd- OT

4th- LB

I would be happy

36 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

The strong side is our weakness. We need a new SAM and a new SS. We could potentially be horrible against the run again.

I think Avery could be a fine SAM. His effort alone will be a huge upgrade over Collins. Burrnett and Murray should be adequate. SS isnt a make it or break it position on whether the browns make the playoffs or not 

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Backup QB is not a glaring need.  Sure we could use an upgrade, but it is far from our most glaring need.

OT, ILB, Secondary are all more glaring.  We have a competent veteran who has started in the league, and we have the kid from whatever that bs league was called.

Garrett Gilbert, I think he can be a very solid back up QB. skill set matches Monken's passing attack. So I Think he has a chance to be a 2nd/3rd QB for the Browns. AAF was the best thing to to happen to his career 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think Avery could be a fine SAM. His effort alone will be a huge upgrade over Collins. Burrnett and Murray should be adequate. SS isnt a make it or break it position on whether the browns make the playoffs or not 

I think Avery is best served as a rotational player right now. I honestly forgot we signed Burnett. 

48 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Every team pretty much with a franchise QB is screwed if their starter goes down. Our backup is pretty much on par with the rest of them.

yeah since Foles left the Eagles, there isnt a legit back up starter in the NFL IMO

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah since Foles left the Eagles, there isnt a legit back up starter in the NFL IMO

Foles' look like crap rate, or LLC rating if you will, is much lower than your average back up QB but it is pretty high for a starter. He can win you games when he is on but he isn't helping you much otherwise. Probably Andy Dalton level of LLC.