Our most glaring weakness

sonny44

I don't think you can say we have a glaring weakness. With depth we probably are pretty weak in areas but depth isn't glaring, glaring should be obvious.

We have questions at tackle and guard but again I don't think either are glaring. We don't know much about Corbett yet but it is a guard position and he was taken pretty high for a guard so I'd have to assume he will be okay, much like Hubbard and Robinson/Harrison are okay. The starters everywhere else on offense are solid at least.

D-Line starters are all good. Kirksey and Shobert are starter quality at least and Avery had a really nice rookie season and Wilks may elect to go 2 LB 90% of the time like the Cardinals defense did last year, we'll have to wait and see. Burnett and Randall should be good. Mitchell, Carrie and Ward should be fine especially assuming a better pass rush. Maybe 2/3 will never dream about even reaching a pro bowl but they are capable bodies who won't be covering a #1 WR often.

Punter is fine. Kicker is a question mark but it doesn't take much resources so it wouldn't be a point of focus.

We may have matchup issues with certain offenses that are run heavy or have a lot of WR talent but our talent isn't so low that we can't scheme to cover some of that up if coaching is decent. I'd gladly get rid of the draft this year and make every team play with their current roster.

As far as lack of glaring weaknesses among starters we are probably elite in the league.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Nick Foles situation was rare.

If Baker goes down, we are boned. Just accept it. The Colts did for years when they had Manning.

I think it was just the situation of the the rookie QB deal. You could spend to have a back up liked foles cause Wentz was on that rookie deal.  Cleveland could do that if they truly wanted too but I rather allocate the money to more important things. I think Stanton is a good enough game manager to navigate a game or two of Baker goes down with a concussion. Anything long term the browns are truly screwed 

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think you can say we have a glaring weakness. With depth we probably are pretty weak in areas but depth isn't glaring, glaring should be obvious.

We have questions at tackle and guard but again I don't think either are glaring. We don't know much about Corbett yet but it is a guard position and he was taken pretty high for a guard so I'd have to assume he will be okay, much like Hubbard and Robinson/Harrison are okay. The starters everywhere else on offense are solid at least.

D-Line starters are all good. Kirksey and Shobert are starter quality at least and Avery had a really nice rookie season and Wilks may elect to go 2 LB 90% of the time like the Cardinals defense did last year, we'll have to wait and see. Burnett and Randall should be good. Mitchell, Carrie and Ward should be fine especially assuming a better pass rush. Maybe 2/3 will never dream about even reaching a pro bowl but they are capable bodies who won't be covering a #1 WR often.

Punter is fine. Kicker is a question mark but it doesn't take much resources so it wouldn't be a point of focus.

We may have matchup issues with certain offenses that are run heavy or have a lot of WR talent but our talent isn't so low that we can't scheme to cover some of that up if coaching is decent. I'd gladly get rid of the draft this year and make every team play with their current roster.

As far as lack of glaring weaknesses among starters we are probably elite in the league.

I have a ton of confidence in Baker. He will grow and be phenomenal next year. As result, we will have a super bowl caliber offense next year.

I need to see what Dorsey does with the draft to decide on the secondary. I think you’re spot on with the LB situation. Avery should just be a rotational pass rusher. I want only 2 LBs (Schobert and Kirksey) and 5 secondary players. However, we need another play maker in that unit.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have a ton of confidence in Baker. He will grow and be phenomenal next year. As result, we will have a super bowl caliber offense next year.

I need to see what Dorsey does with the draft to decide on the secondary. I think you’re spot on with the LB situation. Avery should just be a rotational pass rusher. I want only 2 LBs (Schobert and Kirksey) and 5 secondary players. However, we need another play maker in that unit.

I think we all want additional playmakers but I think we are pretty good in total playmakers and need to make sure we have solid players around them. We have at least 4 playmakers on defense, 2 on the line and 2 in the secondary. Ogunjobi, Vernon and Schobert all could be elevated as playmakers as well. Kirksey, Burnett and Mitchell are solid. It would be nice to have a stud slot corner but if everyone else is doing their job I think we should be good. Well, at least against the pass.

Offensively we have plenty of playmakers and one at the most important position in football...fullback. I mean quarterback.

Thomas is spot on. I don’t see a unit where you have to hit the panic button. Linebacker might be our weakest unit as a whole, but even there we have a former pro bowler. The units I want to “watch with caution” are the secondary and o-line. 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thomas is spot on. I don’t see a unit where you have to hit the panic button. Linebacker might be our weakest unit as a whole, but even there we have a former pro bowler. The units I want to “watch with caution” are the secondary and o-line. 

I think avery is going to boom.

Archived