Amazon and Disney vying for rights to NFL Sunday Ticket

vike daddy

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

DAZN is another streaming service that will go after it heavy

If the NFL cares about its fan they won't do this.

It has been a total disaster in Canada and after 1 year of being the only service offered the NFL backtracked and allowed cable companies to offer the ticket again last season.

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It has been a total disaster in Canada and after 1 year of being the only service offered the NFL backtracked and allowed cable companies to offer the ticket again last season.

Yeah, I heard there were quite a bit of complaints from Canada consumers about Sunday Ticket. They only have boxing/bellator and some other lower level sports on DAZN in the US, but the stream has been super clean with no issues. I've liked it better than the ESPN+ streams personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

So you're saying that you think the NFL will stick with AT&T to carry all NFC home games and then use Disney to carry all AFC home games so that fans have to use two separate services to get Sunday ticket? Because that is how much I think the NFL cares about the fans' wallets. I mean, they do care, a lot, but they want them empty, not full. It's a billionaire's league and that is how billionaIre's operate.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you're saying that you think the NFL will stick with AT&T to carry all NFC home games and then use Disney to carry all AFC home games so that fans have to use two separate services to get Sunday ticket? Because that is how much I think the NFL cares about the fans' wallets. I mean, they do care, a lot, but they want them empty, not full. It's a billionaire's league and that is how billionaIre's operate.

Oh my god what a nightmare stop you might manifest something evil.

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

anyone think Goodell is just playing with AT&T to get their fees up?

I think yes in general they can get more money for it

I think making the jump to something streaming would be huge.

If I didnt have to worry about NFL games, I'd just ditch the limited cable I have.

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No!!!!! I've had Sunday Ticket for free for years. It will be terrible if DirecTV/AT&T lose it. But I think they will sell a streaming package and a linear package so DirecTV may still have some rights to it. 

DAZN is another streaming service that will go after it heavy. Interested in seeing how this all plays out. 

I think NFL would be better off starting there own streaming service then DAZN

• Like 1