Cypher's One (And Only) Mock of the Year

Cypher

So, the Eagles traded for Jordan Howard and will be going with a RB by committee as they have been doing.
Jacobs seems like an extremely remote possibility.
They will likely add a RB much later or not at all.

However, all is not lost.
The Harry pick is astute.
He figures to be a WR who can be an X, a Z or out of the slot.
And, even thought he's 6'3," he returned punts and is at least adequate there.
The Eagles could use that as both depth behind Alshon Jefferey and another receiver as DeSean Jackson and Nelson Agholor may be gone after 2019.

But, you have the Ravens trading out of the 1st.
They traded into the 1st last year and owe the Eagles their 2nd this year as a result.

Give the Eagles Simmons or Lindstrom at 25, Harry with the Ravens 2nd and Thornhill ..... or something like that.
The Eagles love to draft on the lines, OL and DL.

I am not even sure Harry will be there at 25.
And if he is, he may be the pick there, too.

I don’t like Josh Jacobs either, but I like Harry and Adderley a lot.  I’ll be disappointed if we don’t take a lineman with one of our three first picks.  

Adderley probably wouldn’t see the field much this year barring injury, which, in our secondary’s case, has been a huge problem recently.  

Pretty bad Packers draft.  You take a non-premium position at 12.  Since Ted Thompson took over as GM, the Packers have only selected two non-premium position in the first round (AJ Hawk and HHCD).  Don't see that changing this year.  You have 3 EDGE guys who are easily better values and fill bigger values.  Then you take Tytus Howard whose a late Day 2 prospect at best in Round 1.  Jerry Tillery isn't a bad prospect if you can get behind the character concerns.  Nasir Adderly probably needs to be a pick in there.  Going with Sweat/Burns, Tillery, and Adderly would be a much better draft.

Archived