The If Pete Prisco is Right mock w/ Explanations

Falconof Shadows

I made a mock a couple week ago but now im going to make one on the premise that Pete Prisco is right about Carindals not going Kyler Murray first and see how much it changes thing im sure this will be fun. But as I always do I will put no trades as the values can always vary on what teams will get/give up

1. Arizona Cardinals EDGE Nick Bosa- If they decide to Roll with Rosen as the QB  they decide to pair up Chandler Jones with Nick Bosa to attack the NFC West QBs.
2. San Francisco 49ers  DT Quinnen Williams-Rumor is they are trying to decide between Bosa and Williams with Bosa gone just makes the decision an obvious one
3. New York Jets-EDGE Josh Allen- Rumor right now is that they want Ed Oliver but that may be a smokescreen to get out of the 3rd pick. This is the most likely trade spot and I believe they will take less then the value the pick deserves to get out but here hey finally get their PassRusher
4. Oakland Raiders -DT Ed Oliver- Not the position the Raiders wanted to bein wanting to land one of the top 3 Passrusher in the draft. they spend allot of time deciding to go between Oliver and White but decide the value on Oliver is better at this position 
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -LB Devin White-A huge need for Tampa White will step in and become a stud in that defense for years to come
6. New York Giants- EDGE Brian Burns- First big shocker of the draft with everyone thinking that Kyler Murray will be the  pick.  Giatns decide o stay away from the smaller QB an get the top remaining Pass rusher on their board
7. Jacksonville Jaguars- OT Jawaan Taylor- Jacksonville debates over TJ Hockenson and Taylor and decide to protect the QB they just paid this offseason
8. Detroit Lions- Rashan Gary DE/DT- Matt Patricia  sees a versatile Dline prospect and just imagines what he may be able to do with this player and puulls the trigger
9. Buffalo Bills- TE TJ Hockenson - In need of weapons for QB Josh Allen Bills decide to take a saftey blanket for their young QB

10. Denver Broncos- QB Kyler Murray- John Elway Sprints from   Denver to the draft to personally hand in the draft card to take his QB of the future
11. Cincinnati Bengals-LB Devin Bush- with a huge  whole staring into the face of the Bengals even though he may not be the BPA they still pull the trigger
12. Green Bay Packers- OT/OG Jonah Williams-  A versatile  Olineman with great technique the Packers will find a place for him to start
13. Miami Dolphins -CB Greedy Williams - A team that has reportedly looking to tank until they can get a certain QB in a future draft decides to go with a playmaker to help out in the future
14. Atlanta Falcons- OT Cody Ford - very tempted to go Montez Sweat here but with his heart condition and the Falcons tendancy to not risk with players with this type of history they go to finish off their Oline this offseason after signing a bunch of DTs over last few days
15. Washington Redskins-QB Dwayne Haskins- Ubable to get Josh Rosen since ARZ did not go Murray the Redskins take the QB of the future
16. Carolina Panthers-EDGE Montez Sweat-the fall ends here and the Panthers take a chance on the best available Pass Rusher with top 10 talent
17. New York Giants- QB Daniel Jones- Trained under the same QB  coach as Peyton  Manning the Giants try to strike with as close as they think they can get to a Manning family member....jk They take a QB with smarts who can translate into the NFL
18. Minnesota Vikings-OC/OG Garret Bradbury- Best center in the class the Vikings snag him here with the plan to throw him within the interior 
19. Tennessee Titans- TE Noah Fant- the Titans take a chance on a very explosive TE with a ton of potential with playmaking ability
20. Pittsburgh Steelers- WR  Hakeem Butler- Steelers look to replace Antontio Brown with a big WR with a big catch radiance as a Deep threat
21. Seattle Seahawks- CB-Byron Murphy-Best CB available  will fit nicely into their style of defense 
22. Baltimore Ravens-  Dk Metcalf- a fast WR who will be able to get open on short quick hitters for Lamar Jackson
23. Houston Texans-  OL-Andre Dillard-  A Great potential  pass blocking Tackle who slides due to some issues with his technique
24. Oakland Raiders- RB-Josh Jacobs- In need of a RB though not a popular choice with whose available rumor is the Raiders love the player
25. Philadelphia Eagles-S/CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson -  a Versatile DB who the Eagles can move around to make good use of
26. Indianapolis Colts- S Jonathan Abrams- a great hard hitting saftey with covers skills will be a great addition to the defense
27. Oakland Raiders-EDGE Clelin Ferrell-Missed out of the EDGE rushers and decides to take the top one from the next group and get great value
28. Los Angeles Chargers-CB Deandre Baker- not the worlds fastest CB but a very reliable cover corner who will fit well into the Chargers Defense
29. Kansas City Chiefs-DT Dexter Lawrence- a team in need of EDGE and Cbs find themselves in a position where noone on the board is worth their pick for those positions. decides to bolster there front line 
30. Green Bay Packers-LB Mack Wilson-with a need at Lber  Packers take best available Lber before the drop off in talent really hits
31. Los Angeles Rams- DT Christian Wilkins- Wilkins took a bit of a slide here but ends up in a very good situation and gets to learn from Aaron Donald while playing next to him
32. New England Patriots-QB Drew Lock - Will the Patriots finally take their next heir apparent to Tom Brady who knows...the Patriots will most likely trade this pick anyway to someone who may like lock if they dont go him here

I like Ford and would be pleased with him on draft day for sure.   I prefer Wilkins personally but won't be mad about any of the top OT's if we draft one at 14.    With that said if Wilkins or Lawrence really fall close to 32 then i want the Falcons on the phone doing whatever they need to to move up to get them.    Ford/Dillard/Jonah/Taylor   + Wilkins/Lawrence would be a homerun draft for us and i could care less what the rest of the picks are from that point on it would stay a good draft just based on those  2 picks alone.

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like Ford and would be pleased with him on draft day for sure.   I prefer Wilkins personally but won't be mad about any of the top OT's if we draft one at 14.    With that said if Wilkins or Lawrence really fall close to 32 then i want the Falcons on the phone doing whatever they need to to move up to get them.    Ford/Dillard/Jonah/Taylor   + Wilkins/Lawrence would be a homerun draft for us and i could care less what the rest of the picks are from that point on it would stay a good draft just based on those  2 picks alone.

I absolutely agree because I personally love the potential I see in Lawrence I just dont like doing trades in mocks

Pats   When will people learn. The Pats will not take a QB in the 1st round. The draft media doesn't no sh----t!  Pats won't waste a pick on a average QB in the 1st.

You even have the 1st QB off he board at 10, than the next at 15 than 32.  Do you know what that tell me, they stink in the eyes of the NFL. Tell me when the last time that QBs weren't taken (mostly over reaches) high in the 1st other than 2013 which was a crazy bad year for QBs Imagine the top two QBs  EJ Manuel and Geno Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!

I laughed my butt off when Bills picked Manual. 1st thing in my head, well we don't have to worry about Bill for several years.  Than  the Jets follow up  taking Geno Smith. Now I'm pissing myself laughing.

PS Murray will never last til the 10th. Some team will trade up for better or worse.

Edited by m haynes