2017 Predictions

big9erfan

I thought it would nice to have a spot for folks to make predictions about the team, about individuals, about units like o-line of CBs, etc.  Post one now and add another whenever you feel like taking a stance.

Here's my first.  I predict that if Hoyer stays healthy and plays all 16 games that he'll have a 4000 yard season.

He may have a 4,000 yard season, but I'm more interested in his TD/INT ratio. It was really good last season and the prior season he was at 19/11 (Inc playoff game) which is pretty mediocre. And then in Cleveland he was at 12/13. I'm not worried about the yards as he will be close or surpass that mark. 

Some predictions, Foster wins DROY, Hyde has 1600+ total yards, Kittle has 5 TDs, we have a top 10 rush defense (top 5 bottom pass defense), Garcon has over 100 catches and we win 6 games.

7-9 

Buckner/Armstead/Thomas combine for 30 sacks 

Goodwin/Garçon combine for 2000 yds 15TDs 

Joe Staley has a reception for 10+yards and an emphatic celebration

Jimmie Ward and Hyde only miss 3 games total due to injury. 

Bowman decapitates some receiver dragging across the field 

...Foster takes the head and does a bowling celebration into the opposing sideline 

Sun, Sep 10   Panthers    
Sun, Sep 17 @ Seahawks    
Thu, Sep 21   Rams    
Sun, Oct 1 @ Cardinals    
Sun, Oct 8 @ Colts    
Sun, Oct 15 @ Redskins    
Sun, Oct 22   Cowboys    
Sun, Oct 29 @ Eagles    
Sun, Nov 5   Cardinals    
Sun, Nov 12   Giants    
BYE
Sun, Nov 26   Seahawks  
Sun, Dec 3 @ Bears    
Sun, Dec 10 @ Texans    
Sun, Dec 17   Titans    
Sun, Dec 24   Jaguars    
Sun, Dec 31 @ Rams    

^Wins bolded. Final record 4-12. I predict a win against the Seahawks because not only will we get to gameplan for two weeks for them, they'll be coming off what will likely be a tough Monday night game against the Falcons. 

Hoyer - Plays 14 games. Has a statline something like 3500/18 TDs/11 INTs

Hyde - Plays 13 games. Starts losing playing time to Williams/Breida. Finished with around 700 yards rushing. Maybe close to 1,000 total yards.

Williams/Breida - Combine for 500 rush yards, 700 total yards.

Juszczyk - The leading TE for the team. No idea what this looks like.

Goodwin - Becomes the team's leading receiver. Breakout season - 60 receptions, 1100 yards, 6 TDs.

Garcon - 900 yards receiving, 5 TDs 

Buckner - 10 sacks. Just like he wanted.

Thomas - 4 sacks. Not like we wanted. 

Run Defense - Improves to a top 10 unit, largely thanks to additions of Thomas/Mitchell (Thomas has a solid rookie year in this regard).

Foster's total tackles > Bowman's total tackles. Both play 16 games. 

Starting corners for the season are Robinson/Johnson/Williams. Starting corners to end the season are Ward/Witherspoon/Williams (injury/poor play respectively)

Lorenzo Jerome becomes the starting FS against the Seahawks after the bye week. Ward moves to CB (if he's not injured - big if).

Eric Reid - Our secondary MVP this season. Resigns in 2018 for 4 years/$31 million. Possibly named Team MVP.

3-4 wins. 

We will have a bottom 4 rushing offense. Garcon has 90 receptions, about 155 targets. Hyde fails to hit 1000 yards rushing again, but has a nice overall season. I'll say 1300-1400 total yards between rushing and receiving. Goodwin has 700+ yards receiving. Hoyer starts 13 games, Beathard 3 games. 

Thomas has 4.5 sacks, Buckner has 6, Armstead has 8. Foster wins DROY. Top 10 rushing defense, bottom 5 pass defense. 

- I'm thinking 5-11 record as well.

- Hyde finally gets 1000 yards.

- Hoyer goes for 3500 and 23 tds.

- 32 total team sacks.

- Top 10 rushing defense/bottom 5 passing defense as someone eluded to earlier.

- Foster wins DROY.

- Eric Reid makes the Pro Bowl.

30 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If he counts maybe...but given that the Falcons didn't hit that last year in that offense with those players, it's a tough sell either way. 

Falcons also have just a slightly better WR corps eating into some of those targets haha. Still a tough thing to get RBs to a 100 catches but being that Juice is our "offensive weapon" and not the most talented group on the outside I could see it happening. I mean the Falcons RBs/FB did collect over 90 last season.

I'm counting juice and that's part of why I think we can do it.  Also as Fury points out maybe we'll be going to our backs a little more because we don't have a Julio on our team. Also with our o-line I'm expecting more check downs than Shanahan would prefer in hjis "normal" offense.

3 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I'm counting juice and that's part of why I think we can do it.  Also as Fury points out maybe we'll be going to our backs a little more because we don't have a Julio on our team. Also with our o-line I'm expecting more check downs than Shanahan would prefer in hjis "normal" offense.

Sure but that's the closest any of his offenses in Atlanta, Cleveland, or Washington have come, so I don't think that changes much: 

2016 (ATL): 93
2015 (ATL): 97
2014 (CLE): 32
2013 (WAS): 49
2012 (WAS): 50
2011 (WAS):  91
2010 (WAS): 87

100 receptions, for a backfield, even one with a pass-catching FB, is a tough task. Even if you expect him to be good for about 40-50 balls (His career highest to his career highest + 10 for Shanahan), you would still need another 50 to come from Hyde, Breida, and Mostert. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely. 

Archived