I’ll be happy with the draft if...

DiehardBronxFan

Draft is 4 Days Away!  All our unrealistic hopes are about to crash head long into reality.  What’s your bottom line?  Personally, I’ll be happy if:

We get one of White, Oliver, Hockenson, or Haskins or Locke at 10

If none of the above, we trade down.

we come away with a playmaker on O (TE or WR), quality interior OL in first 3 rounds, a LB that can cover, a CB, and continue our Trend of taking high quality multi-year starters/captains and BPA.

What is your bottom line?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

At 10: Devin White, Ed Oliver, Dwayne Haskins

Trade down into teens-20s: Devin Bush, Jerry Tillery, Jeffery Simmons, Chris Lindstrom, Dalton Risner, Noah Fant 

I’d be fine with this. I’d add Hockenson to that list at 10 for myself personally as well. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d be fine with this. I’d add Hockenson to that list at 10 for myself personally as well. 

What I'd really like to do is trade down into the low teens to take Tillery/Simmons and then use some of the ammo from that trade down to trade up from 41 into the late 1st and take Lindstrom/Risner. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What I'd really like to do is trade down into the low teens to take Tillery/Simmons and then use some of the ammo from that trade down to trade up from 41 into the late 1st and take Lindstrom/Risner. 

I’d definitely like to build in the trenches

32 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

At 10: Devin White, Ed Oliver, Dwayne Haskins

Trade down into teens-20s: Devin Bush, Jerry Tillery, Jeffery Simmons, Chris Lindstrom, Dalton Risner, Noah Fant 

If we trade down into the 20’s, What about the center - Bradbury. From what I hear (haven’t seen him) he’s a like HOF’er.  Or one of the CB’s?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ll be happy with the draft if we don’t draft Lock at 10. If we are able to trade down for capital next year I hope we do so.  And then pick BPA after the trade down.

I know you really don’t like Locke. And you know a lot more about these college prospects than I do.  I think you said at some point you were going to summarize your evaluation of, and concerns with, Locke - but if you did that somewhere, I missed it.  Could you share (Mayberry better in the QB draft prospects thread) why you are so dead set against Locke?  From what I can tell, Haskins is the better prospect, just better accuracy, better decision making, more poise - but I haven’t seen anything out of Locke that tells me he “can’t get there”.  Kids gone through different schemes, different coaches, picked up a pro offense, sgown real flashes - just seems to lack consistency with his footwork and gets over-aggressive at times.  Both coach able.

48 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

If we trade down into the 20’s, What about the center - Bradbury. From what I hear (haven’t seen him) he’s a like HOF’er.  Or one of the CB’s?

Forgot about him. Yeah, I'd be cool with that pick. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

5 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

He'll be a good one. I'd love @BroncoBruins plan to move a bit and get solid on both sides of the interior lines. Not sure who trade partners would be but our top two picks are valued at about 1800 pts. Same value as the 16th and 21st pick. Lots of good talent there, instant contributors.

That said, Hockenson would be real tough to pass up at 10.

55 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I’m really starting to come around on Hockenson

I’d be pretty pumped on Hockenson. I think Flacco (or a rookie QB) would benefit tremendously from a top tier TE.  That said, there are 3 or 4 of them in this draft that could fit the bill.  Fant and Bradbury (or Lindstrom or McCoy...) >> Hockenson.  Just need to find that trade partner....