I’ll be happy with the draft if...

DiehardBronxFan

At #10 I really like Devin Bush, he’s who I would probably be most happy with.  He’s my favorite player in the draft.

However, there are a bunch of guys I’d have no problem taking at #10.  D. White, Oliver, Wilkins (he really intrigues me), Williams, Dillard, Hockenson, Haskins, Lock.  All those players I’d support at #10.

I am also not completely against a trade back and if that were to happen I’d throw Fant and Lindstrom into that group.

18 minutes ago, germ-x said:

At #10 I really like Devin Bush, he’s who I would probably be most happy with.  He’s my favorite player in the draft.

However, there are a bunch of guys I’d have no problem taking at #10.  D. White, Oliver, Wilkins (he really intrigues me), Williams, Dillard, Hockenson, Haskins, Lock.  All those players I’d support at #10.

I am also not completely against a trade back and if that were to happen I’d throw Fant and Lindstrom into that group.

Yeah I’m really wanting one of Bush or Hockenson.  I like White a lot too but I think he goes earlier 

• Like 1

As far as the 2nd/3rd round I want good football players.  Terry McLaurin is another of my favorites in this draft, but I wouldn’t take him until the late 2nd/early 3rd.  I think McLaurin makes a lot of sense for this offense.  He has speed that has to be respected, but is also tough working the middle of the field, he reminds me a lot of Emmanuel Sanders.  

I also really like Josh Oliver at TE and Foster Moreau intrigues me as well.  Moreau was asked to block a lot at LSU, but never really showcased anything as a receiver, but showed at the combine he has the physical traits to excel in the passing game, seems like a guy who has some untapped potential and if he doesn’t pan out as a receiver should stick in the NFL thanks to his blocking.

Another one of my favorites who is getting projected far lower than he should go is Bryce Love.  He’d be another great addition for Denver, IMO.  Lindsey’s speed alone out of the backfield was about the only thing to respect from Denver’s offense last year and if Lindsey were to go down Denver loses that element.  A backfield of Lindsey, Love, Freeman, Booker (or the dime a dozen big backs that are always available) would be a really nice young group of players.

33 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If we reach for a corner because of Chris Harris I will be very disappointed 

This is where Elway’s past win-now need-over-all-else based Rd1 mode killed him in the past.   There’s no CB IMO worth considering at 1.10.   The 25-40 range has several options.  I wouldn’t see a Rd2-3 pick as a reach unless it was for a day 3 talent.   But yeah a Rd1 pick at 1.10 would be all need over best talent where a big gap exists.   That rarely works. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

This is where Elway’s past win-now need-over-all-else based Rd1 mode killed him in the past.   There’s no CB IMO worth considering at 1.10.   The 25-40 range has several options.  I wouldn’t see a Rd2-3 pick as a reach unless it was for a day 3 talent.   But yeah a Rd1 pick at 1.10 would be all need over best talent.  

I’m all for second round and on

On 4/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, AKRNA said:

Up until the bolded I agree with what you said. The last QB to win a SB that didn't have a top 10 defense was our own Joe Flacco. 

I think we have some nice pieces in place on our defense and isn't everyone crowing about how Vic Fangio is supposedly the best DC in the game and is going to return that side of the ball to 2015 Wade Phillips levels? That's what I keep hearing on the The Fan and reading on Mile High Report. O.o

For what it's worth, I keep hearing more and more rumors about us wanting to trade back into the first round, after either picking Hockenson or a defensive player at 10 or trading down a little bit from 10, taking a defensive player there, and then moving back up in the late 1st for a QB, likely Lock. If Elway could pull something like that off I would be pretty impressed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

For what it's worth, I keep hearing more and more rumors about us wanting to trade back into the first round, after either picking Hockenson or a defensive player at 10 or trading down a little bit from 10, taking a defensive player there, and then moving back up in the late 1st for a QB, likely Lock. If Elway could pull something like that off I would be pretty impressed. 

I’ll be Gob-smacked if Locke is still on the board past 25 or so 

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

I would love the Devin Bush pick and I actually think he's safer than Devin White. I just don't see him failing. 

There are really so many directions we could go in that I'd be happy with, which probably speaks to how many pieces we need.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I would love the Devin Bush pick and I actually think he's safer than Devin White. I just don't see him failing. 

There are really so many directions we could go in that I'd be happy with, which probably speaks to how many pieces we need.

I’ve been thinking on that, and being lazy, how many spots do we have available for rookies?

9 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I’ve been thinking on that, and being lazy, how many spots do we have available for rookies?

To me the most obvious are TE, ILB and IOL. Toss in NT also, Fangio seems to like 'em big.  A dream scenario on offense would be a Hockenson/Risner 1 and 2.

Nice thing is, IOL is deep and TE and ILB have 4 outstanding talents. Kind of 1 and 1A with both Devins and Iowa TE's.

Lots of ways to make me happy.