I’ll be happy with the draft if...

DiehardBronxFan

So many people who doesn't want Drew Lock read and look everywhere to find a weakness. :D

Everybody talk 2020 to take a QB but the price will be much more high than this year.

I want an ILB at 10 but if White is not here my preference is Lock or trade down few spot to take Bush.

I don't want DENVER throw a multiple package for 2020 1st round QB

6 minutes ago, French Fan said:

So many people who doesn't want Drew Lock read and look everywhere to find a weakness. :D

Everybody talk 2020 to take a QB but the price will be much more high than this year.

I want an ILB at 10 but if White is not here my preference is Lock or trade down few spot to take Bush.

I don't want DENVER throw a multiple package for 2020 1st round QB

Lock has many weaknesses. Panics in the face of pressure. Horrible footwork.  Throws the ball in the dirt on open crossing patterns with no pressure. Doesn’t read progressions fast enough. Wildly inconsistent accuracy. He’s gotten by on his arm. Won’t cut it in the nfl. If he can be coached up on the other stuff he has a chance. 

I think there’s a fair chance Haskins is there at 10.  Overwhelming consensus in NY is Giants go D at 6. No other teams need a QB ahead of us. Only way Haskins is taken ahead of us is if somebody jumps us via trade. Could make for very interesting dilemma/ opportunity for Elway. Me, I’d take Haskins if he’s there. But if it’s between picking a Non-QB or trading the pick (for reasonable value), I’d take the trade.  Too many holes to fill.  Too little difference between players available at 10 and 16 (assuming White and Oliver are gone, which seems virtually guaranteed).

10 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I think there’s a fair chance Haskins is there at 10.  Overwhelming consensus in NY is Giants go D at 6. No other teams need a QB ahead of us. Only way Haskins is taken ahead of us is if somebody jumps us via trade. Could make for very interesting dilemma/ opportunity for Elway. Me, I’d take Haskins if he’s there. But if it’s between picking a Non-QB or trading the pick (for reasonable value), I’d take the trade.  Too many holes to fill.  Too little difference between players available at 10 and 16 (assuming White and Oliver are gone, which seems virtually guaranteed).

If Haskins is there at 10, I wouldn't have any issue with us taking him. Would suck to miss out on one of the several premier defenders that will be available, but at least our qb problem will be solved for the foreseeable future

Lots of things could make me happy, but I'd really like to see Risner in a Bronco's jersey. He'd be a great addition to a young OL. If we go defense that's fine, but trading down a few spots for Fant and up a few for Risner would sure change the dynamics of our offense and make Munchak, Kuper and Scangarello really happy.

Edited by AKRNA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Lots of things could make me happy, but I'd really like to see Risner in a Bronco's jersey. He'd be a great addition to a young OL.

Agree - but suspect we'll have to move around the board to make that happen.  Too early for 10, and don't see him lasting to 41.  But - stranger things have happened:)

10 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Lots of things could make me happy, but I'd really like to see Risner in a Bronco's jersey. He'd be a great addition to a young OL. If we go defense that's fine, but trading down a few spots for Fant and up a few for Risner would sure change the dynamics of our offense and make Munchak, Kuper and Scangarello really happy.

Yeah, Risner is by far my favorite player left.  I wonder if packaging Pittsburgh's 2020 3rd would be enough to get to 33. I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, Risner is by far my favorite player left.  I wonder if packaging Pittsburgh's 2020 3rd would be enough to get to 33. I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

I suspect ARI is locking onto IOL - Cody Ford to join Kyler?   That’s my feel.  

The reason everyone is trading back is they saw the 20’s as not much different than the 30’s and I agree there.  The drop-off happened right after Fant / Sweat / Simmons / Dillard went imo (although Tillery was a fantastic pick too).    I don’t think ppl will see dropping back into the 40’s quite the same way - so it will cost a lot more.   Keep in mind teams drop a round value wise to wait another year to pick.  So that 2020 pick is like a 4th - and not likely that early either.   

With Ford / Risner / Taylor / McCoy still left and Murphy / Sin / Greedy on the board and only 9 picks left I’d let the first few picks play out.  If RB/WR/QB or some other spots go with ARI/IND/OAK then it’s easy to see us staying put and getting a great value.  Also costs less to move up if the board falls in a more concerning fashion. 

Projecting the round is easier now too.   Looking at the order you’d see: 

33. ARI - OL or WR, likely Ford IMO. 

34.  IND - CB seems the fit here.  

35.  OAK - CB / WR 

36.  SF - CB stands out, WR too. 

37.  SEA - pass rusher but unless they love Ferguson / Winovich this seems early.  WR the other area given they ignore IOL routinely. 

38-40 - TAM, JAX, BUF - now this is where T/IOL again really become glaring needs and BPA fits - TAM was in play for Williams at 1.5 but went Devin White instead.   Taylor / Risner seem like a great match.   JAX could go Irv Smith or WR but also invested in 2 rookie WR last year - seems more trenches will be their focus if it’s not TE.  Same for BUF with Irv Smith although WR is another BPA/need fit.   I do think Risner is a prime target there.  But I didn’t think Ford and Taylor would last this long so it could let Risner fall to us.   But if there’s an area to jump if Elway loves Risner that much it’s the 38-40 range. 

The one X-factor I see - QB.  None of those teams want a QB.   But someone could trade up.   I kinda hope so since it’s likely for Lock lol.  Which only helps our board at 41. 

The teams I think we’d likely target if we feel we need to move up - SF/SEA.   SF and we have a great relationship and find common ground.  SF wanting CB could drop back 5 spots.   If SEA wants pass rush and aren’t in love with 1 guy hard - moving back is a move they often make.  And it gets past the 38-40 range where IOL seems such a BPA/need perfect combo.  PIT targeted us because CIN was looking hard at Bush at 1.11.   The same idea applies here with us and IOL.  

Before ppl ask why I cite need in the projections above since I’m a BPA advocate, even at this stage (until we’re somewhere in Rd3 in most draft obvious gaps are no longer usually there) - as per my Day 2-3 post the CB/WR/IOL guys really crowd the top of the big board with not much separation.  And QB is the one spot where need drives reaches.  For those teams need and BPA really fit well for what’s left.

Anyways should be a fun ride Day 2.  I’ll be out watching Avengers until 9 PM ET - hopefully I’ll hear good news on our first 2nd rounder soon after!   What a weekend...

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1