Mock with trades

DTMW78

I'll have a bash at one.

Cards take Murray at#1

Trade 

Giants give #6+17+2020 2nd round pick for #2 and select Bosa.

#3 Jets take Josh Allen.

#4 Raiders take Quinnen Williams

#5 Buccs take Devin White 

Trade 

Bengals give #11+42 for #6 and select Jawan Taylor

#7 Jags take DK Metcalf 

#8 Lions select Montez Sweat 

#9 Bills select Ed Oliver

#10 Broncos select Drew Lock

#11 49ers select Brian Burns Edge Florida state

Best edge guy left, plus the extra picks is a great start.

#17 Cody Ford OT/OG Oklahoma

cody_ford__1_.gif

Can start at guard and when Staley calls it a day he and Mike can compete to take over.

#36 Nasir Adderley FS Delaware

nx5NqY.gif

Here's our center fielder 

#42 JJ Arcega Whiteside WR Stanford

jj-arcega-whiteside-1.gif

Big bully wr we have been lacking. 

#67 Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan

giphy.gif

Seen this guy mocked all over the place. I think this is roughly where he gets picked.

#104 Josh Oliver TE San José State

giphy.gif

Really like this kid, he would make a great #2 behind Kittle.

#176 Joe Giles Harris LB Duke

duke-joe-giles-harris.gif

trade away for a future pick.

What do y'all think?

• Like 3

If it wasn’t enough for us to swap 2 for 6 and OBJ there is no way that NYG trade is what they got for him and then some for the same pick. That would be the most ridiculous turn of events imo. Gettleman has proven to be a complete dunce though so who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us turn that trade down just out of spite though if it was offered. 

• Like 2

Agree with GoreWhore21 - I can't see the Giants giving up both first round picks for the 2 slot.  Be great if it happened but looks very unlikely.  And if it did happen I would then want us to get more than 11 and 42 from the Bengals.  I would want their 2020 second rounder too, to get back what we gave up for Dee Ford.  Maybe I am being greedy but trading into the top ten should pay a higher price.  The remainder of your mock I do like with that 2020 2nd round exception, and I would take another O lineman rather than another TE - maybe Nate Davis or Michael Deiter if they were still there at pick 104.

Like others, I don't know how the Giants make that trade, but I am a big fan of trading down in the first for extra picks. With the depth in this draft on the edge, it's a can't miss strategy. I do strongly prefer Clelin Ferrell in this scenario, but I would also be very happy with Burns so that's not a knock. I think both of those guys can have success on this line and Burns has star potential. 

I love the Ford pick. I think it's a great idea with uncertainty about how much longer Staley will continue playing. I'm not sure if T.J. Hockenson is available, but he would be a guy I would love to get in this range if available. But Ford is a great pick who upgrades the line considerably. 

Adderly is a great pick in the second and I love his potential. I love the position addressed (though I suspect we do not) and think he greatly upgrades our secondary and makes me excited about our defense going into camp. Arcega-Whiteside is also a great pick at this point to give us another weapon on offense. And the Bunting pick is one I would really like for competition this year at CB, and I think eventually he could start. 

Oliver is among my favorite choices in the 4th. Giles-Harris I like as well. 

Seriously, this would be such a great outcome and I would be pretty stoked with this draft. The trade backs greatly improved this team, improved a lot of starting spots and thereby created a lot of depth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John232 said:

Not sure how realistic the trades are but love everyone you picked.

Was just trying to come up with something different.

The trades are a tad optimistic but hey, who knows it could happen.