Time to hold Mark Murphy accountable?

GB Scott

Is this the year the Board of Directors hold President/CEO Mark Murphy accountable for the state of the team?  I hold no blame on Ted Thompson.  I believe it will come out that that last few years his health was a major concern and obviously impact his ability to be head of Player Personnel.  With that said how could Murphy not recognize this and have dealt with this a couple years earlier?  There are more holes that can be filled.   Seems focus has been on the Title Town District and not on building a championship team.  I am just wondering what other are thinking or if Ted should share more of the blame?  

A lot of people played a role in stagnant mess the Packers became. You can't just point the finger at one person. This kind of stuff happens with all successful businesses, relationships, etc if they get stagnant and don't focus on what got them there in the first place. Right now I think there has been accountability and a lot of positive changes are happening.I think it's time to give these changes a chance and see what success they can bring instead of beating the dead horse that was the previous direction the team was going. It doesn't matter anymore how long it took, or who was at fault the most. Those are the kind of discussions that halt people from moving forward and focusing on the future. **** the drama, lets talk about some football :)

• Like 2

I don't blame Thompson, McCarthy, Rodgers or Capers individually.  I think they're all highly capable.  I blame whoever kept them together since none of them are good fits together.  Guess that's gotta be Murphy then.

I agree with Favre.  McCarthy/Rodgers should have won more.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't blame Thompson, McCarthy, Rodgers or Capers individually.  I think they're all highly capable.  I blame whoever kept them together since none of them are good fits together.  Guess that's gotta be Murphy then.

I mean, they were probably the second most successful/consistent team over the past decade or so. They worked together great for a relatively long time, then it ran its course. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I mean, they were probably the second most successful/consistent team over the past decade or so. They worked together great for a relatively long time, then it ran its course. 

Until the playoffs came around. 

I think this Gute/LaFleur pairing is obviously Murphy’s last chance. It really plays like that. Him inserting himself into the football power structure more was his last ditch effort to make everything right again. If LaFleur and Gute succeed, no one in the brass will care much about the dip. If LaFleur flames out, Murphy is done.

so to answer the OP’s question, yeah it probably is time for accountability, but that’s what’s actually happening already.