2019 Ravens Forum Draft Game - Predict the First 3 Rounds

coordinator0

I'll get this one up too. It's too close to the start of the draft to wait any longer. I had completely forgot how quick the 25th was coming. :$

This is a somewhat simple game. You pick three players the Ravens are going to draft in the first three rounds. Since the team doesn't (currently) have a second round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft we'll do the first round, third round, and have two alternate picks. If you have someone listed in the alternate category that the Ravens draft then that counts as whatever round the prospect is taken in. Full scoring guidelines are listed below. 

• 5 points for an accurate 1st round pick 
  • 7 points for an accurate 2nd round pick 
  • 9 points for an accurate 3rd round pick 
  • 9 bonus points if you get all 3 selections correct 

Additionally, because of the difficulty in this game, you will earn points for picking the correct position for that selection just in case you have the wrong prospect. You get 2 points for correct position. 

Lastly you have to choose if we trade down (pick 23 or lower), trade up (pick 21 or higher), or stay at 22. A correct choice adds 2 points to your score. An incorrect choice subtracts 2 points from your score.

After all the trades last year I think a new clause needs to be added so scoring can be more clear. If the Ravens trade out of the whatever selection they hold but still end up picking in the that round you will get half the points in that round if your guess is accurate. So if you have Baltimore taking Hjalte Froholdt at 85 but the team trades down from 85 to 90 and still takes Hjalte Froholdt at 90, you would get 4.5 points for having the correct pick made although it comes at a different slot. Same goes for the alternates. In case one of them lands in the second round, you get the full 7 points just to make it simpler. Yes, that's a loophole that could be exploited but oh well. Adds a little extra bit of strategy/risk to it.

Trade Up/Down/Stay: 

Pick # 22: 
Pick # 85: 
Pick # 102: 

Alternate: 
Alternate: 

Good luck!

EDIT:
Just so it's easier to find next year/in future years:

Past Winners:

2018 - @diamondbull424 & @coordinator0 co-champions
2017 - @alfalcone & Flaccomania co-champions
2016 - @RayReed2052 by default for picking Kamalei Correa would be drafted, but getting the round wrong and nobody getting any name right :D

It might be because I haven't done as much homework on the draft this year or because EDC is now in charge so I don't know how much weight to give past draft tendencies, but I have no idea what we're going to do this year.  My guesses:

Trade Up/Down/Stay: Down

Pick # 22: Garrett Bradbury
Pick # 85: Emmanuel Hall
Pick # 102: Jaylon Ferguson

Alternate: Connor McGovern
Alternate: N'Keal Harry

Also, I've edited in the past winners to your OP @coordinator0 to make it easier to track winners of the game for next year

After the first pick:

diamondbull424: +4

Danand: +2
drd23: +2
alfalcone: +2 
sp6488: +2
BareYourTeeth: +2
DreamKid: +2 
gooselovechild: +2

coordinator0: +0.5

berlin calling: -2
RavensFC: -2 
RavensfanRD: -2
paraven: -2 

Was I really the only one that had Marquise Brown on the list? My scoring went -2 for picking stay, and +2.5 for taking Brown (the new trade down but stay in the same round clause). diamondbull424 leads because of having picked trade down and getting the +2 bonus for having a wide receiver picked in the first spot even though it wasn't Brown.

• Like 1