Preseason 2017: Week 4 Ravens @ Saints

drd23

So the game is happening on Thursday despite the potential of flooding in Louisiana after Hurricane Harvey.

Besides no injuries, what are we looking forward to? 

@coordinator0 @wackywabbit @Danand @RavensfanRD @ravens_rool28 @RavensTillIDie @RavensDefense3 @ravens5520 @Ravens-01 @paraven @Darth Pees @berlin calling @Mancunian Raven @sp6488 @OleXmad @BaltimoreTerp @Stance Punk @Ray Reed @Rein 

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

They really should've cancelled the game. Aside from that, I'd like to see who makes a last ditch effort to try and make the roster.

If it isn't an immediate danger to anyone, I don't see why they should cancel it. Most of these guys who will be playing are auditioning for a job elsewhere and need all the reps they can afford.

Sidenote: Why do you regret being a Ravens fan? Or was that tongue and cheek and went completely over my head? lol

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

If it isn't an immediate danger to anyone, I don't see why they should cancel it. Most of these guys who will be playing are auditioning for a job elsewhere and need all the reps they can afford.

Sidenote: Why do you regret being a Ravens fan? Or was that tongue and cheek and went completely over my head? lol

Fair enough.

It's 99% tongue and cheek. But there's that 1% of me that still remembers Billy Cundiff and the memories he brings.

I wonder if Hill already solidified his spot and we wont see him tonight. Also which one of the front 7 guys who are playing.

Williams, Pierce, Urban should sit. That leaves Kaufusi, Davis, Henry, Ricard, Wormley to battle it out. If one of them sits out, I think it is either injury or because they might get traded.

I believe Henry so far would be the odd man out. While he does have some flashes, he still makes to many errors and draws flags.

If none of the cornerbacks in Price, Wade etc. seperate themselves tonight, I think we should look at the cuts coming.

Chuck Clark is a bit of a surprise to me. He performed better than I expected (although its against 2, 3 stringers). He should already be a lock qua his ST skills.

I wonder if we are going to see a lot of Buck Allen and Mizzell in the game, or if Rainey get in the mix. I thought he would have been showed more confidence than he has.

Planning to watch, with excitement, all the exciting young players on defense.

And planning to watch, with concern, how the backs look on offense. As I said since KD got hurt, I don't think we have sufficient talent there and it's going to really drag our team down as we try to become a run oriented offense. West has looked below mediocre, and the blocking hasn't even been that bad. Buck Allen is below replacement level, except as a pass catcher, but we have Woodhead for that. Mizzell has looked OK, but he is going against the bottom of opposing rosters, and been far from great even then. 

If West is playing I take it as a (welcome) sign that they are planning something there. 

That has been my thought for some time. Although Carl Davis has had trouble getting on the field for various reasons before. Ricards versatility puts him in front of both Davis and Henry imo. He has played DE, DT, NT, FB and TE and ST. That is more valuable than keeping a 3. string NT (Davis) or 3. string DE (Henry).

Zuttah also proved, why he should not start. Bobby Rainey had some plays based on the highlights together with Matthews and Moore. Both Matthews and Moore are great special teamers, so they could both make the team as such.

Keenan Reynolds once again couldn't hang onto the ball. Another yeah of ST for him if not cut.

I think Reynolds is gone.  He's not going to make it as a WR and he's clearly still struggling as a returner.  The team can't wait forever.  Maybe he'll be re-signed after all of the guys to IR but he won't be on the 53.

I think we keep all 8 DL, and if not, it's gotta be Henry that goes.  He just hasn't shown enough to be kept over Ricard/Davis IMO.  I think we see several of the injured guys get cut and risk them on waivers.  Guys like McClellan and White, who teams aren't going to take on their 53.

Archived