How many Steelers fans are aware of the fact that Franco Harris is the most overrated thing to ever exist on planet earth?

NFLExpert49

I'm honestly not here to prod you guys...I'm aware that every fan base is biased towards its team's players. 

But I can't help but be curious as to how many fans who actually saw Harris play are aware of the obvious. He was literally the softest RB to ever play professional football...and he did this while weighing 230 pounds. Harris's game was following blockers and going down to the first guy who touched him. If a 170 pound dime back so much as clipped his legs, he went down. 

Not only was Harris not great...not only was Harris not good...Harris wasn't even OK. He was an absolutely awful RB. Horrible. Terrible. Among the worst you'll ever see. 

Franco Harris is not a Top 500 RB in NFL history. I'm not exaggerating. He was the worst RB on his own team every year he played (by the way, the Steelers' best RB during the 70s was Sidney Thornton).

Every RB you can think of broke more tackles in his career than Franco Harris...despite the fact that Harris had the 14th most touches in NFL history. Walter Payton had more broken tackles in one game about 50 times than Harris had in his entire career. 

Of course, there are probably a handful of RBs who were worse. RBs who are seemingly blind and don't even hit designed holes, and lack the talent to Barry Sanders/Walter Payton their way to success, are trash. Trent Richardson is a perfect example, although his power put Sponge Harris to shame.

But when you can't gain any extra yards yourself, you are not a good running back. Every RB who makes it to the NFL can follow blocking if he really wants to. 

It's for this reason that RB is one of the most unfair positions in NFL history. The guys who get lucky and wait for roided up offensive linemen to wipe everybody out receive more accolades than RBs who have to deal with poorly executed blocking and fight off swarms.

It's just funny to me that people go on and on about how overrated Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swann were, ignoring Captain 230 Pounds For Nothin'. Personally, I think Bradshaw is underrated. He was an insanely gifted athlete and he could make all the throws...his numbers just took a hit from playing in a primitive offensive system in a primitive era. And Swann, whether he deserves to be in the HOF or not, had rare talent.

Harris, on the other hand, was a 230 pound Derek Loville. 

• Like 2

I have no idea why you are here, Other than to be a tool. But this forum has barely ever mentioned the name Franco Harris since I joined years ago. 

Just go back into your shed. There’s no reason for this thread, or you just feeling like your opinion would save the world from something literally no one talked about. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I have no idea why you are here, Other than to be a tool. But this forum has barely ever mentioned the name Franco Harris since I joined years ago. 

Just go back into your shed. There’s no reason for this thread, or you just feeling like your opinion would save the world from something literally no one talked about. 

Explained in the post. I'm curious as to whether or not any Steelers fans realize how absurdly overrated Franco Harris is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Explained in the post. I'm curious as to whether or not any Steelers fans realize how absurdly overrated Franco Harris is. 

You didn’t come here to get our opinions, you only came to express yours and educate those who don’t share your thinking. 

Theres a way to actually inquire about things like this. Going off for 10 paragraphs just explaining why someone sucks and just diving off the deep end in description of why they suck isn’t searching for others ideas. 

You don’t even have a single fact to back up your claim. You came here to just to complain about randomly. Get it off your chest? Feel better? Now get out. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

You have 461 posts.  Your s/n Is NFL Expert and yet...you're absolutely the furthest thing from an Expert as it gets.  You claim that you're not here to disrespect us, but this entire post is based on the idea of disrespect.  You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Do yourself a favor and change your s/n to "I don't actually know a damn thing so please just ignore me" so we can just get that out of the way in the future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You have 461 posts.  Your s/n Is NFL Expert and yet...you're absolutely the furthest thing from an Expert as it gets.  You claim that you're not here to disrespect us, but this entire post is based on the idea of disrespect.  You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Do yourself a favor and change your s/n to "I don't actually know a damn thing so please just ignore me" so we can just get that out of the way in the future.

Talking about how objectively horrid a player Franco Harris was is "disrespecting" you? You see, that's when you know that you have gone off the deep end as an NFL fan.

What do you mean I have "NO IDEA" what I'm talking about? I've been watching football for probably longer than you've even been alive. I know exactly what I'm talking about, which is why I can start a thread like this. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You didn’t come here to get our opinions, you only came to express yours and educate those who don’t share your thinking. 

Theres a way to actually inquire about things like this. Going off for 10 paragraphs just explaining why someone sucks and just diving off the deep end in description of why they suck isn’t searching for others ideas. 

You don’t even have a single fact to back up your claim. You came here to just to complain about randomly. Get it off your chest? Feel better? Now get out. 

Every single thing I said was a fact to back up my claim. 

And what you mean to say is I didn't come here to actually take any different opinions seriously, which would be correct, because anybody who disagrees with me is objectively wrong. The end. I came here to see how many Steelers fans are aware of the truth. 

Edited by NFLExpert49
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Every single thing I said was a fact to back up my claim. 

Quote a fact for me will ya? But first, google the word “fact” and look up the definition, because the only fact you have is that the Internet said he weighed 230. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Quote a fact for me will ya? But first, google the word “fact” and look up the definition, because the only fact you have is that the Internet said he weighed 230. 

A fact is anything that is true. It is a fact that Harris was the softest RB to ever play in the NFL. 

• Like 1

I just want to say I am old enough to have actually watched Franco Harris play. He was the primary reason the Steelers won their 1st two Superbowls. If he had not been injured in the years between the the Steelers two back-to-back Superbowls, there is a realistic chance they could have won 6 Superbowls in a row.  

Much like all great players over the years, Harris fit well with what the Steelers did on offense.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

A fact is anything that is true. It is a fact that Harris was the softest RB to ever play in the NFL. 

Anything PROVEN to be true...key word toe omitting. 

But as I mentioned, please quote any fact you have, outside of his googled weight. I’m in the mood for some more lol’s from you. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Anything PROVEN to be true...key word toe omitting. 

But as I mentioned, please quote any fact you have, outside of his googled weight. I’m in the mood for some more lol’s from you. 

You don't have to prove something to be true to someone else for it to be a fact. You could hide in your closet for your whole life and deny that the sky is blue, but it wouldn't make the sky being blue not a fact.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I just want to say I am old enough to have actually watched Franco Harris play. He was the primary reason the Steelers won their 1st two Superbowls. If he had not been injured in the years between the the Steelers two back-to-back Superbowls, there is a realistic chance they could have won 6 Superbowls in a row.  

Much like all great players over the years, Harris fit well with what the Steelers did on offense.  

LOL. No. The Steelers' dominant defense and their run blocking were the primary reeason the Steelers won their 1st two SBs.

Also...injured? Huh? Harris never missed a game in the two years between their Super Bowls. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

You don't have to prove something to be true to someone else for it to be a fact. You could hide in your closet for your whole life and deny that the sky is blue, but it wouldn't make the sky being blue not a fact.

.....lol what? 

Proving something to be true is quite literally the definition of a fact. 

And why would you think the sky being blue would be a fact in your example? Because there might be multiple cases in which multiple people have...oh, I don’t know what’s a good word for it....proven it?

Third time: please quote me one of your facts.