Netflix or Amazon Prime?

MossyMoss

Fun fact, Netflix's servers are mostly owned by amazon (netflix licenses out servers from them) 

Amazon for variety/shipping/twitch. 

Netflix for pure amount of content, though in the philippines unless you use a VPN I doubt you'd get full bang for your buck with either service.

49 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Fun fact, Netflix's servers are mostly owned by amazon (netflix licenses out servers from them) 

Amazon for variety/shipping/twitch. 

Netflix for pure amount of content, though in the philippines unless you use a VPN I doubt you'd get full bang for your buck with either service.

That is true, plenty of content not available here. Sucks to google for top 10 movies on netflix and find that some are not available. 

1 hour ago, MossyMoss said:

Have been a long time subscriber for Netflix and recently just found out that Amazon prime is available here in the Philippines. Content wise which of these two do most of you prefer? I rather subscribe one than have to take both. 

I live just south of Manila. Where you at? 

You're going to need a VPN for either, but Netflix philippines is okay.

Ill go in another direction; Amazon's video player and interface is CRAP. Netflix is much more user friendly. The flip side of that, of course, is that you can rent from a near infinite library if Amazon doesnt straight offer something with your sub. Second flip side, if you get Amazon Prime, you can all those perks too on top of their VOD service. 

18 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Love Makati. Just avoid Burgos Street.... or don't. Depends on what you're into! Lot's of good places to eat and drink in Makati. 

True, Burgos is not my cup of tea. My family is here so less partying and more family time. 

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Ill go in another direction; Amazon's video player and interface is CRAP. Netflix is much more user friendly. The flip side of that, of course, is that you can rent from a near infinite library if Amazon doesnt straight offer something with your sub. Second flip side, if you get Amazon Prime, you can all those perks too on top of their VOD service. 

Yes, I agree the interface for Amazon Prime is not as user friendly as Netflix. Going to watch those prime exclusive and try to make a decision within this free trial period. 

I think Amazon has a deeper/more diverse library of films(old and new), but I like netflix more for its TV content. That might change tho. Amazon has some potentially big TV projects on the way(LOTR, Utopia and Dark Tower etc..)

I think the other benefits you get from prime gives that service the edge for me

• 2 months later...