Best and Worst Offensive Lines

Hunter2_1

Heading into 2017, who do you see as having the best and worst offensive lines? Mine;

Best

Philadelphia:

I believe the best offensive lines aren't necessarily the ones with the most big names on, but the ones with fewest holes. It's important to just do your job (not lose), and I believe the Eagles line is all-round solid with no holes

Pittsburgh:

See above. The latter part of last season, they were very good. Villanueva exemplifies that, he came on extremely strong over the last half of the season and allowed just 12 pressures

Dallas:

No other line has the star names like Martin, Frederick and Smith. Dominating linemen, but question marks over Collins at RT and the LG that has been batted around the league. When you have the aforementioned LT,C,RG though, you'll be mostly great

Tennessee:

Building something special along the line. The bookends are widely regarded as elite (or close to), while former undrafted guard Quinton Spain has turned into a gem.

Chicago:

The best interior line in the league (Sitton, Whitehair, Long). Sprung Howard, work very well in the zone running game, and in Sitton you have arguably the best pass protecting guard. Ends bring them down slightly 

Worst

Seattle, Cinci, NYG, SF

What say you?

I am very surprised you have Chicago as one of the better lines in the NFL, I personally don't think they are that high but I also don't know who I would have above them.  

And dont the Raiders have a good line also, the Packers is pretty underrated too. 

On 8/31/2017 at 4:01 PM, Castiron said:

Vikings should be in the worst category as should everybody in the AFC South not the Titans.  Raiders have a top 5 line.

Honestly, from a talent perspective, I really think that Minnesota should have a solid OL...Reiff and Remmers are a pretty decent OT duo.  Elflein is a very, very good C.  Boone is very solid, and I really liked Isadora coming out, but Berger was a solid C kicking back out to his natural OG spot will probably start.  They have the makings of a solid OL, if they're not successful, it's all about coaching/scheme IMO.

Just now, Duffman57 said:

Honestly, from a talent perspective, I really think that Minnesota should have a solid OL...Reiff and Remmers are a pretty decent OT duo.  Elflein is a very, very good C.  Boone is very solid, and I really liked Isadora coming out, but Berger was a solid C kicking back out to his natural OG spot will probably start.  They have the makings of a solid OL, if they're not successful, it's all about coaching/scheme IMO.

Elfein is not our starting center, hasn't played an NFL down, and has been in competition with a UDFA rookie. Renders and Boone are both back up quality players. Vikings are as bad as anyone on the Oline.

Just now, RedRider said:

Elfein is not our starting center, hasn't played an NFL down, and has been in competition with a UDFA rookie. Renders and Boone are both back up quality players. Vikings are as bad as anyone on the Oline.

If Elflein is not your starting C, your coaches might be as stupid as I worried about.  Kid is good.

59 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

Yeah, nope.  Remmers is terrible Terrible at T, Berger is 35 and has spent the majority of his career as a backup for a reason, Boone is average, and Reiff has been hurt.  They have hot garbage.  

On 31/08/2017 at 8:57 PM, blkwdw13 said:

I am very surprised you have Chicago as one of the better lines in the NFL, I personally don't think they are that high but I also don't know who I would have above them.  

And dont the Raiders have a good line also, the Packers is pretty underrated too. 

Best interior in the league.

On 31/08/2017 at 9:48 PM, ///mcompact said:

IMO, as far as pass protection goes, the Raiders and Packers have to be in the Top-3.  For run blocking, Dallas has had the best since 2014 and probably still will this year.

Packers are probably the inverse of the Bears. Elite bookends, but question marks in the interior. No doubt they're one of the best though.

Munch completely turned our OLine around.  Before he got there, even with some talent, we didnt have the coaching to put it together.   Munch brought out the best in Pouncey, DeCastro and Gilbert, and gets the most out of average talent players like Villaneuva and Foster.

Praise be to Munch.  Amen.  

11 hours ago, RedRider said:

I agree, the OL should be a mess again. Reiff and Berger are the best players of this group. Elflein has looked excellent so far but we've not seen it yet in the regular season. Im excited about Elflein but the tackle situation is worrisome. LG doesn't look good either, Boone was bad last year but I'm sure they will stick with him over Easton unfortunately. Easton might be decent at LG but we may never know.

overall, I think the Vikes will be average in terms of run blocking but bottom 3 in pass protection.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Munch completely turned our OLine around.  Before he got there, even with some talent, we didnt have the coaching to put it together.   Munch brought out the best in Pouncey, DeCastro and Gilbert, and gets the most out of average talent players like Villaneuva and Foster.

Praise be to Munch.  Amen.  

He wasn't a good HC but he's always been a hell of an OL coach. Nice to see that's still the case.

The same can be said for Russ Grimm with us. Out of all the additions we added last year, he may have been the best.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

He wasn't a good HC but he's always been a hell of an OL coach. Nice to see that's still the case.

The same can be said for Russ Grimm with us. Out of all the additions we added last year, he may have been the best.

Good to hear Grimm is doing well for you.   He was a good OLine coach here, too.

Archived