Best and Worst Offensive Lines

Hunter2_1

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't even close. As much as I dislike America's team, their OL is head and shoulders above any other teams. Put Prescott on another team where his passing had to carry the offense and he would be exposed as rather average. On the Cowboys who are a run first team, he is a poor man's Smith. The opponents defense has to line up to stop the run which really opens up receiving lanes for WR's. Against Dallas, you can never double team a WR, who pretty well have an extra couple of seconds to shed their cover guys and all extra bodies are occupied against the run.

Whilst I think Dallas has the #1 OL overall, I have to say after a direct comparison in the Titans v Raiders game last weekend that our OL looked better to my untrained eye - that's not to say the Titans was poor, they're very good and probably top 5 also. The Raiders OL is definitely elite at pass blocking and above average at run blocking provided they have Newhouse at RT who's looked pretty good instead of Alexander and Howard last year. I wouldn't change our interior with that of any other team if given the choice.   

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It isn't even close. As much as I dislike America's team, their OL is head and shoulders above any other teams. Put Prescott on another team where his passing had to carry the offense and he would be exposed as rather average. On the Cowboys who are a run first team, he is a poor man's Smith.

Dak, in his rookie year has passed for more yards than any of Alex's 10+ seasons.  He already matched Alex's top TD pass season (23).  Their YPA's are in different directions.  If you want to say that Dak plays the same "safe style" as Alex Smith...fine.  But to call him a "poor man's Smith"?  Well, "Donnie, you're out of your element."

Back to O-lines:

For my money, Green Bay has the best PASS blocking O-line, IMO.

On 9/14/2017 at 4:23 PM, texans_uk said:

OT - Jeff Allen, Kendall Lamm

OG - Breno Giacomini, Xavier Su'a-Filo

OC - Nick Martin

Shut her down skippy, we got ourselves a winner. (worst btw) 

Nick Martin is very solid, the rest of them are.....um....not so solid...

On 9/14/2017 at 5:44 PM, ///mcompact said:

Dak, in his rookie year has passed for more yards than any of Alex's 10+ seasons.  He already matched Alex's top TD pass season (23).  Their YPA's are in different directions.  If you want to say that Dak plays the same "safe style" as Alex Smith...fine.  But to call him a "poor man's Smith"?  Well, "Donnie, you're out of your element."

Back to O-lines:

GB has the best OT pair in the league, only teams that come close are Washington and Tennessee.  Their OG's aren't looking great right now though.  They might be a little bit on the downslope.

Honestly a team that people forget about in terms of IOL is the Bears.  Long-Whitehair-Sitton with Grasu as a backup is up there with some of the best IOL's out there.  They aren't at the very top yet, but they easily can get there this year.

27 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

GB has the best OT pair in the league, only teams that come close are Washington and Tennessee.  Their OG's aren't looking great right now though.  They might be a little bit on the downslope.

Honestly a team that people forget about in terms of IOL is the Bears.  Long-Whitehair-Sitton with Grasu as a backup is up there with some of the best IOL's out there.  They aren't at the very top yet, but they easily can get there this year.

Completely agree with all of that.

Mentioned the Bears interior in OP.

I know it's only the 1st week vs a bad NO defense, but I feel vindicated that the Vikings OL played so well.  I still think that they're going to be a very solid OL this year, nothing spectacular, but I really like Elflein at C (think he ends up as one of the better C's in the league by the end of the year, he just makes so few mistakes), and think they have a solid OT pair.  Berger has been solid but unspectacular the last few years.  Remmers isn't a bad RT,  I have no idea about Easton, but every OL has some weak links.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Isadora to see some meaningful time at OG, and impress either.

On 9/14/2017 at 5:44 PM, ///mcompact said:

Back to O-lines:

Sorry, but Dak plays on a team that relies on the run to win games. Dak's WR's can never be double teamed and because of his superior OL, he gets all day to pass the ball compared to most QB's. The defense he plays against, have to play the run first, they cannot go all out to attack the passer and the great running attack opens up great passing lanes that other QB's don't ever see all that often. He is in an ideal position for a QB in the NFL and only time will tell if he is a true franchise QB or not, or just a product of a great running team with a sensational OL.

I don't rush to judgement, he may indeed prove to be a great QB, but only time will tell and I am not ready to anoint him just yet!

Well, Dallas has 3 All Pro OLmen, nobody else comes close. Smith and Martin are totally dominate at there positions and I just do not see GB matching up to that nor any other team. I am no Cowboy's fan, that is for sure, but I have to grudgenly give credit where credit is due.

Archived