Worst Case Scenarios

THE DUKE

How would you all rank the worst case scenarios for #11?  There are a few guys i'm really worried about them taking, and given the amount of guys I like for that range, i'm going to be really mad if they take a guy I don't like.  I'd rank from worst to best (1 being the worst case scenario):

1. Rashan Gary (I don't care how much of a freak athlete he is, I question him as a football player.  Low production and questionable love for the game)
  2. Drew Lock (I think he is a poor mans Jay Cutler)
  3. Cody Ford (I think he's a G in the NFL, and more likely an average G)
  4. Montez Sweat (Flexibility issues, character concerns, value is perceived low.  Might be available at 42)
  5. Noah Fant (I don't really dislike Fant, but i'd rather have the complete TE in Hockenson.  Fant is more of a big WR like Eifert)
  6. Jawan Taylor (Here's where I probably stop getting mad and just a little miffed as I'm not overly high on Taylor, but I think he at least becomes a serviceable RT)

Those are the guys that make me angry this Thursday if their name is called at 11.

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

For me, almost anyone not named Haskins, White, Oliver, Bush or Wilkins.  I'm assuming guys like Bosa, Williams, Murray, etc are gone.  

I'm not enamored with Haskins, but if the coaches love him and he slips to 11, you almost have to do it, don't you?

Hell, even if Haskins isn't the guy, he at least moves us on from Dalton, who at this point I think we can agree won't be the guy to elevate the talent around him.  Lots of QB's can look great if you build a great OL, have 4-5 dynamic receiving options, and a good run game.  Lets aim a little higher from the QB position.  If Haskins fails, then in 2-3 years we can draft another QB, but at least we'll be out of the cycle of mediocrity.

Edited to add, I think Haskins can succeed.  He throws with great anticipation, throws his WRs open, and has enough arm to make the throws we want.  Would be a great fit for Taylor assuming Taylor is going to have a system based off of what the Rams have done the past couple of years.

Edited by THE DUKE

1 Any QB not named Haskins.  He's the only one I believe in and while I prefer to address other needs, I can get on board with a  new qb if it happens. 

2 Rashan Gary - He doesn't have the tape to go in the first round. 

3 Defensive lineman not named  Oliver - it's the only player I have seen drop down to us that looks like a game changer.  The other guys just aren't quite there to me.

8 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

1 Any QB not named Haskins.  He's the only one I believe in and while I prefer to address other needs, I can get on board with a  new qb if it happens. 

2 Rashan Gary - He doesn't have the tape to go in the first round. 

3 Defensive lineman not named  Oliver - it's the only player I have seen drop down to us that looks like a game changer.  The other guys just aren't quite there to me.

I agree with 1 and 2.  Regarding 3, Oliver would be a fine pick but there are several others who would also be reasonable. 

I don't see us taking a WR or S in round 1 but if we did, it would be dumb. CB isn't out of the question but is unlikely.