Final 2019 First Round Mock Draft

DoleINGout

One trade: Niners and Giants swap first round picks inside the top 6 and the Niners also get pick #17 and #95 overall.

1. Cardinals - Nick Bosa, DE (Perhaps the biggest shock at this point is the Cardinals not picking Kyler Murray first overall. Bosa instantly solidifies the Cardinals defense while providing a presence that fits the personality and professionalism of much of the current roster. Cardinals get a "can't miss" prospect that isn't necessarily the obvious choice. Headline: Keim/Kingsbury/Cardinals organization roll with their guy all along in Josh Rosen.)

2. Giants - Kyler Murray, QB (Giants seize the opportunity to trade up with an organization part of their staff is familiar with for a chance at their heir apparent to Eli Manning despite the smokescreen leading up to the draft.)

3. Jets - Josh Allen, DE (Expected to perform as a do-everything pass rusher and major asset on the edge.)

4. Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DT (Best player in the draft and too good to pass up where the Raiders can use help defensively.)

5. Buccaneers - Devin White, LB (Versatility to play any linebacker position "freely" without much pressure to lead as a rookie.)

6. Niners - Devin Bush Jr., LB (Reliable play maker immediately to start on the weak side or middle.)

7. Jaguars - TJ Hockenson, TE (Deemed by Jags to be a huge improvement on offense all around and help Nick Foles.)

8. Lions - Ed Oliver, DT (Best player available type of situation for a team with a highly talented roster that simply underachieved in 2018.)

9. Bills - Jawaan Taylor, OT (Capable of becoming an All Pro right tackle or right guard after his rookie season. Current starter is a thirty-three year old journeyman free agent.)

10. Broncos - Drew Lock, QB (The quarterback to be groomed behind Flacco that Elway loves the raw ability of.)

11. Bengals - Dwayne Haskins, QB (Redskins likely trade for Andy Dalton at some point.)

12. Packers - Noah Fant, TE (Solidifies the offense and tight end position.)

13. Dolphins - Jonah Williams, OL (Much needed consistency on the offensive line.)

14. Falcons - Christian Wilkins, DL (As much a need as it is a fit with Grady Jarrett franchised.)

15. Redskins - DK Metcalf, WR (Surprise to some who expect Drew Lock or Daniel Jones, the Redskins will probably spend their second round pick on one of these quarterbacks or possibly even acquire Andy Dalton.)

16. Panthers - Andre Dillard, OT (A last ditch effort to preserve Cam Newton's longevity as the starter.)

17. Niners - Garrett Bradbury, C (Day 1 center starter who can grow with Jimmy Garoppolo.)

18. Vikings - Dalton Risner, OL (Versatility to play guard, center or tackle.)

19. Titans - Jerry Tillery, DL (High character guy with a high ceiling and massive frame to stabilize the defensive line.)

20. Steelers - Greedy Williams, CB (Need meets fit and probably the best corner the Steelers have targeted in the first round since Darrelle Revis.)

21. Seahawks - Rashan Gary, DE (Versatile edge player who Pete Carroll will enjoy moving around the formation.)

22. Ravens - Clelin Ferrell, DE (The zapped pass rush depth gets a major lift to help the defense try to reclaim its identity as an elite unit.)

23. Texans - Cody Ford, OT (Pretty much best player available to play offensive tackle which the Texans desperately need depth at.)

24. Raiders - Josh Jacobs, RB (Helps with lead blocking, blitz pickup, pass catching and runs hard while not having any injury history or "high milage" which the Raiders could use on offense.)

25. Eagles - Chris Lindstrom, OL (Big offensive lineman with versatility to play every position on the offensive line which suits what the Eagles do.)

26. Colts - Dexter Lawrence, DT (Fills in as a run stopper that stays on the field a high percentage of snaps with the ability to collapse the pocket at any point.)

27. Raiders - Zach Allen, DE (Adds consistency as a starting defensive end against run and pass.)

28. Chargers - Deandre Baker, CB (Upgrades the corner position instantly which should help keep the Chargers a Super Bowl contender.)

29. Seahawks - Nasir Adderley, DB (Replaces Earl Thomas in the secondary both as a safety and slot defender.)

30. Packers - Montez Sweat, DE (Fits the profile of the long limbed defenders the Packers use while bolstering their edge rush nicely.)

31. Rams - Brian Burns, DE (A missing ingredient from the defense that could use more pass rush outside.)

32. Patriots - Irv Smith Jr., TE (Brought into compete for the starting tight end job left by Gronk and currently held by Austin Seferian-Jenkins.)

Edited by DoleINGout

7 minutes ago, #39 Fan said:

Looks pretty good 

Patriots being the most unpredictable at 32. Could see them doing at least twenty different things. Jonathan Abram, Kaleb McGary, Deebo Samuel, Greg Little, Daniel Jones, Jarrett Stidham, Will Grier, Lonnie Johnson, Joejuan Williams, AJ Brown, various trades... I've already covered over a dozen scenarios right there!

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

29. Chiefs - Garrett Bradbury (Day 1 center starter who can grow with Patrick Mahomes.)

While I wouldn't be unhappy with getting Bradbury, I'd pass on him for sure with Sweat and Burns still on the board.

DE is a much bigger need than C and the talent level isn't a big difference to call Bradbury a clear BPA.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I wouldn't be unhappy with getting Bradbury, I'd pass on him for sure with Sweat and Burns still on the board.

DE is a much bigger need than C and the talent level isn't a big difference to call Bradbury a clear BPA.

I respect the need for defensive end but I think they may look for an edge guy in the second since they already have tried addressing that with Ogbah and Okafor whereas the center position is completely vacant right now.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I respect the need for defensive end but I think they may look for an edge guy in the second since they already have tried addressing that with Ogbah and Okafor whereas the center position is completely vacant right now.

Austin Reiter played in place of Mitch Morse when he was injured and did a good job at it. We extended him through 2020 at the end of the season.

PFF actually graded him higher than Morse, and yes I know their ratings aren't perfect. Like I said, I like Bradbury. But I think choosing Sweat/Burns would make the team better than Bradbury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I know Bills fans will disapprove of Gary over Oliver but for some reason that's what I'm expecting them to do. I think it has potential to work out even so.

It would come quite a shock. Bills have done extensive work on Oliver and next to none of Gary. Also Oliver already goes against the grain for the "prototype" McDermott and Beane like to employ at DT so I can't see them doing that unless it is for a dominant presence. Something Gary has failed to be thus far.