What are the smartest moves made to build your team?

Kiwibrown

John Dorsey.

We finally have someone in control who both knows what he's doing and has the sway to get it done. His relationship with Gettleman went a long way in getting the OBJ trade done without costing us too much. He also drafted the right QB and hired the right HC.

The Rams signing Andrew Whitworth. He has been a stable fixture on the oline to help protect Goff and keep the Rams oline amongst the best units in the NFL. That is extremely important for the development of a young QB like Goff. Plus if you really think about it, going from a horrific bust in Greg Robinson to a future hall of famer in Whitworth, I think thats the best move any team has made in recent memory. 

If I had to add another one its tied with the hirings of McVay and Phillips. Both coming in and putting their fingerprints on the offense and defense help the Rams instantly become a team others have to take seriously. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

John Dorsey.

We finally have someone in control who both knows what he's doing and has the sway to get it done. His relationship with Gettleman went a long way in getting the OBJ trade done without costing us too much. He also drafted the right QB and hired the right HC.

How do you know this is the case already?

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do you know this is the case already?

Everything that I've seen and heard. It may not work out perfectly, but hiring Freddie was the right decision. He exudes everything that's important to winning. He's very likeable. He's a Dorsey hire.

4 hours ago, N4L said:

only took us two dud head coaches to hire one of the best offensive minds in the game! 

Of course, we are picking 2nd in the draft this year, so hasn't exactly gone swimmingly lol. 

Big year this year, tbh. You can forgive the two years based on nearly an entire franchise roster turnover with talent that was near expansion level a couple of years ago, but this team has to be better this season. 

22 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

With all due respect, Ravens may want to get used to being with the Bengals down there.

With all due respect, we've been hearing that the Ravens have been a team on the decline since the year 2001. Don't remember a single offseason in the entirety of the time I closely followed the team where there wasn't a perception that we were falling off from something. Didn't matter both times we had a rookie QB and reached double digit wins and the playoffs. The defense had peaked and was going to crash and burn after 2008 as well**. 

So, I'm going to believe this crater when I actually see it* and we're picking Trevor Lawrence #1 in 2021.

*in real games, not offseason polls

**Yep "Ravens: 8.5 under—120" after Flacco's rookie season when we won 11 games and reached the AFCCG

src: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/165318-vegas-releases-2009-nfl-season-win-totals

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Drafting Jimmy Clausen to tank so that we could draft Cam Newton. Trading a 3rd rounder for Greg Olsen. Ignoring understood philosophies such as "you don't need four starting linebackers in a 4-3" by drafting Luke Kuechly anyway (the other three being Thomas Davis, Jon Beason, and James Anderson). Gettleman not being afraid to double dip on DTs back in 2013 by drafting KK Short in the second round, nor being afraid to go against conventional wisdom by drafting a RB, Christian McCaffrey, in the top ten. Gettleman also drafted/signed 4/5 of our OLine so that's cool. Glad we fired him for Marty Hurney so that we no longer have any cap space and horrible depth.